Total views : 309
A Novel Website Quality and Usability Evaluation Framework for Online Shopping Websites
Objectives: The purpose of this research paper is aimed to determine the effect of subjective measures website quality and usability on its objective measures. A checklist of high level quality factors and sub factors, factors driving the customer to shop online is proposed and a new website quality and usability evaluation framework is developed to evaluate the quality and usability of online shopping websites from the user’s perspective. Methods: Structural equation modeling was applied to determine the subjective measures with the highest and lowest contributing factors for website quality and usability. A survey with 400 respondents was conducted to validate the proposed model. Findings: The Study has identified the important quality factors of the case study website Flipkart which makes it usable and successful. The results of the study can be used for designing websites with improved quality and usability. The study has significance impact on the economic and societal perspectives as the results will help the online shopping sites to improve their websites to improve the degree of user satisfaction and attract more customers to shop online.
Quality Factors, Usability, Website quality.
- De Angeli A, Sutcliffe A, Hartmann J. Interaction, usability and aesthetics: what influences users' preferences? New York, USA: Association for Computing Machinery (ACM); 2006. P. 271–80.
- Jati H, Dominic DD. Quality evaluation of e-government website using web diagnostic tools: Asian case. Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Information Management and Engineering; Washington, DC, USA: IEEE Computer Society. 2009. P. 85–9
- Joo1 S, Lin S, Lu K. A usability evaluation model for academic library websites, efficiency, effectiveness and learnability. Journal of Library and Information studies. 2011; 9(2):11–26.
- Swaak M, de Jong M, de Vries P. Effects of information usefulness, visual attractiveness, and usability on web visitor’s trust and behavioral intentions. IEEE International Professional Communication Conference; 2009.
- Lee CH, Eze UC, Ndubisi NO. Analyzing key determinants of online repurchase intentions. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics. 2011; 23(2):200–21.
- Moeeini M, Fard MG. Review and analysis of factors affecting online repurchase intention. Indian Journal of Fundamental and Applied Life Sciences. 2014; 4(S4):1312–21.
- Zhou L, Dai L, Zhang D. Online shopping acceptance model- A critical survey of consumer factors in online shopping. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research. 2007; 41–62.
- Lynch P, Horton S. Web style guide: Basic principles for creating web sites. 3rd ed. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press; 2008.
- Aladwani A, Palvia P. Developing and validating an instrument for measuring userperceived web quality. Information and Management. 2001; 39:467–76.
- Robbins S, Stylianou A. Global corporate websites: An empirical investigation of content and design. Information and Management. 2003; 40:205–12.
- Aljumah A, Kouchay SA. Global ranking, web visibility and accessibility of quranic websites - An evaluation study-2015. INDJST. 2015 Nov; 8(30).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.