Total views : 416
Cloud Computing: A Survey on Security Issues and DNA, ID-base Cryptography
Background: Cloud computing is a model whereby users access compute resources from a service provider through internet. The Cloud Computing has great capability to boost productivity and minimize cost, hence many organizations are migrating to the new technology, but at the same time it constitutes many security risks and challenges. Methods: DNA and ID base cryptography methods are used for cloud computing security. Findings: Cloud computing can address the problems when user moves from single cloud to multi-clouds. In this paper, we provide an extensive survey of cloud computing security challenges and different technologies taken to tackle the issues. Improvements: Highlighting the security issues of cloud computing, the proposed system is, DNA technology and JPEG Zigzag coding with an encryption scheme. We conclude the paper with a critical analysis of challenges that have not yet been fully met, and highlight directions for future work.
Cloud Computing, Cloud Security Risks and Challenges, CSP, Cryptography, DNA, Encryption Scheme, Privacy, Security.
- Che J , Duan Y, Zhang T, Fan J. Study on the security models and strategies of cloud computing. In Procedia Engineering, China. 2011; 23:586–93.
- Paul PK, Mrinal K, Ghose. Cloud computing: possibilities, challenges and opportunities with special reference to its emerging need in the academic and working area of Information Science. In Procedia Engineering, India. 2012; 38:2222–7.
- Sengupta S, Kaulgud V, Sharma VS. Cloud Computing Security-Trends and Research Directions. In Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE World Conference, USA. 2011. p. 524–31.
- Schridde C, Dornemann T, Juhnke E, Freisleben B, Smith M. An Identity-Based Security Infrastructure for cloud environments. In Proceeding of Wireless Communicaton. Networking and Information Security (WCINS), IEEE International Conference, Germany. 2010. p. 644–9.
- Lim HW, Paterson KG. Identity-Based Cryptography for Grid Security. In Proceeding of the First International Conference on e-Science and Grid Computing (E-SCIENCE), IEEE Press. UK. 2005. p. 395–404.
- Troncoso-Pastoriza JR, Perez-Gonzalez F. CryptoDSPs for Cloud Privacy. Proceeding of Web Information System Engineering (WISE2010), China. 2010 Dec; 1–12.
- Singh Y, Kandah F, Zhang W. A Secured Cost-effective Multi-Cloud Storage in Cloud computing. In proceeding of IEEE Conference (IEEE INFOCOM),USA. 2011 May. p. 619–24.
- Sugumar R, Sheik Imam SB. Symmetric encryption algorithm to secure outsourced data in public cloud storage. Indian Journal of Science and Technolog. 2015 Sep; 8(23):1–5.
- Browne PS. Data privacy and integrity: an overview. In Computer Communications Workshop (INFOCOM WKSHPS). NY,USA. 2011; 619–24.
- Shin SH, Kobara K. Towards secure cloud storage. Demo for Cloud Com 2010.2. 2010 Dec.
- Rajakumari SB, Nalini C. An efficient cost model for data storage with horizontal layout in the cloud. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Mar; 7(3):45–6.
- Neela TJ, Saravanan N. Privacy preserving approaches in cloud: a survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 May; 6(5):4531–5.
- Wang C, Sherman S, Chow M, Wang Q, Ren K, Lou W. Privacy preserving public auditing for secure cloud storage. In INFOCOM 2010 Proceedings IEEE. Chicago, USA. 2010 Mar; 1–9.
- Shamir A. How to share a secret. Communications of the ACM. 1979 Nov; 22(11):612–3.
- Abbasy MR, Shanmugam B. Enabling Data Hiding for Resources Sharing in Cloud Computing Environments Based on DNA sequences. In Services (SERVICES) 2011 IEEE World Conference. 2011 Jun; 15:385–90.
- Chang CC, Lu TC, Chang YF, Lee RCT. Reversible data hiding Schemes for deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) medium. In proceeding of International Journal of Innovative Computing. Information and Control. 2007; 3(5):1145–60.
- Clelland CT, Risca V, Bancroft C. Hiding messages in DNA Microdots. Poland. 1999; 399(6736):533–4.
- Peterson I. Hiding in DNA. Science News Online. 2001: Available from: http://63.24.200 : 08/01/2016.
- Shimanovsky B, Feng J, Potkonjak M. Hiding data in DNA. In Revised Papers from the 5th International Workshop on Information Hiding, California. 2002 Oct; 373–86.
- Leier A, Richter C, Banzhaf W, Rauhe H. Cryptography with DNA binary strands. Elsevier BioSystems. 2000 Jun; 57:13–22.
- Siddaramappa V. Data Security in DNA sequence using random function and binary arithmetic operations. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications. 2012 Jul; 2(7):1–3.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. Available from: http://www.ncbi,nlm.nih.gov/: 12/01/2016.
- Young A. The future of cryptography: Practice and theory. IEEE IT Professional Journal. 2012 Jul; 5(4):62–4.
- Nimje AR. Cryptography in cloud-security using DNA(Genetic) techniques. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications(IJERA). 2012 Oct; 2:1358–9.
- Rajathi A, Saravanan N. A survey on secure storage in cloud computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(4):4396–401.
- Ning K. A Pseudo DNA Cryptography Method. Available from: http://arxiv.org/abs/0903.2693:12/01/2016.
- Sureshraj D, Murali Bhaskaran V. Automatic DNA sequence generation for secured effective multi-cloud storage. Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE). 2013 Nov-Dec; 15:86–94.
- Ranalkarn RH, Phulpagar BD. DNA based Cryptography in Multi-cloud: Security Strategy and Analysis. In proceeding of International Journal of Emerging Trends and Technology in Computing Science(IJETTCS).2014 Apr; 3(2):2278–6856.
- European Bioinformatics Institute. Available from: http://www.ebi.ac.uk/genomes/:15/01/2016.
- Jacob G, Murugan A. An Encryption Scheme with DNA Technology and JPEG Zigzag Coding for Secure Transmission of Images. The International journal of Computer Science and Communications Security (IJCSCS). 2013 Feb; 3:61–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.