Total views : 219
Cluster Head Selection Procedure Using Priority based Technique in VANET
Objectives: To improve in the MAC protocol channel sensing mechanism for data transmission from source to destination to improve the throughput and overcome the delay of the network. Methods: High degree algorithm is proposed for selection of the Cluster Head under MAC protocol. We have compared the prediction-based algorithm and high degree algorithm with throughput, delay, packet loss, jitter and Packet Delivery Ratio (PDR). Findings: Vehicular Ad-hoc Network (VANET) is the self-organizing type of network and a subclass of Mobile Ad-hoc Network (MANET), in which vehicular nodes can move or leave the network when they want. Due to decentralized nature of VANET, security, routing and Quality of Services are major issues which arise in the network and leads to increase the delay with continuously link break in the communication of vehicular nodes. Medium Access Control (MAC), layer helps in the fast transmission of the packets from one node to another. Therefore, the technique of MAC protocol works on Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA), Request to Send (RTS) and Clear to Send (CTS) packets which will increase the routing overhead due to the extra exchange of packets in the network. So to overcome this issue, we have designed high degree algorithm and compared with prediction based algorithm using the time constraints of throughput, delay, packet loss, jitter and PDR which conclude that the high degree algorithm is better than prediction based algorithm. Improvements: Throughput, PDR, jitter, packet loss and delay are compared and the result shows improvement using high degree algorithm rather than prediction based algorithm.
High Degree Algorithm, Medium Access Control (MAC) Protocol, Prediction based Algorithm, Vehicular Adhoc Network (VANET).
- Jaiganesh S, Jarina S, Amudhavel J, Premkumar K, Sampathkumar S, Vengattaraman T. Performance analysis of collision avoidance frame works in VANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11).
- Saravanan D, Agalya V, Amudhavel J, Janakiraman S. A brief survey on performance analysis and routing strategies on VANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11).
- Malik A, Pandey B. An intelligent authentication based vehicle initiated broadcast-dynamic path data collection scheme in VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16).
- Suresh JS, Jongkun L. A TPM-based architecture to secure VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15).
- Malik A, Pandey B. Performance analysis of various data collection schemes used in VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15).
- Nithya Darisini PS, Santhiya Kumari N. Geo-Reactive: An efficient and reliable hybrid routing protocol for VANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(27).
- Chandramohan K, Kamalakkannan P. An efficient neighbor discovery and aloha based collision detection and correction in VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35).
- Sakthipriya N, Sathyanarayanan P. A reliable communication scheme for VANET communication environments. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jun; 7(S5).
- Sahoo J, Wu EHK, Sahu P, Gerla M. Congestion controlled-coordinator-based MAC for safety-critical message transmission in VANETs. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems. 2013; 14(3).
- Ganan C, Munoz JL, Esparza O, Mata-Diaz J, Alins J. PPREM: Privacy Preserving Revocation Mechanism for Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. Computer Standards and Interfaces. 2014; 36(3):513–23.
- Patil VP. VANET based traffic management system development and testing using Aodv routing protocol. IJSER. 2012; 2(5):1682–9.
- Garcia CR, Lehner A, Strang T. A reliable MAC protocol for broadcast VANETs. 2010.
- Schwartz RS Ohazulike AE, Christoph S. On the applicability of fair and adaptive data dissemination in traffic information systems. IEEE Vehicular Networking Conference (VNC); 2011. p. 116–23.
- Bernsen, J, Manivannan, D. Greedy routing protocols for Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference, IWCMC'08.l; 2008. p. 632–7.
- Kumar A, Tyagi, M. Geographical topologies of routing protocols in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks - A survey. IJCSIT. 2014; 5(3):3062–5.
- Hung L, Chang Y, Chen C, Chen Y. BUFE-MAC: A protocol with bandwidth utilization and fairness enhancements for mesh-backbone-based VANETs. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2012 Jun; 61(5):2208–21.
- Park CK, Ryu MW, Cho KH. Survey of MAC protocols for Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks. Smart Computing Review, 2012 August; 2(4):286-95.
- Network Simulator 2.35. 2015. Available from: http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.