Total views : 199
Reduction of the Authentication Time using ECC and PBAS Approach in VANET
VANET is subpart of MANET and the significance and popularity of VANET are increasing now a day because of their great contribution to improving traffic efficiency and safety. However, communication between two or more vehicles or with RSUs needs to be secured as well as authenticated. We have focused on to reduce the authentication time, that’s why we used the proxy vehicle which is verified by both RSU and CA; proxy vehicle will do half of the authentication process and reduce the authentication time. The simulation results show that proposed approach minimizes the authentication time, delay, packet loss due to the collision of the packet in the network and also increase the overall throughput of the network. In this paper, we also discussed the Elliptic Curve Cryptography algorithm (ECC) approach which uses the vehicle ID, a randomly generated prime number and time stamp to encrypt the message in a secure manner. As a result the whole VANET network will be secured and faster in handling the congestion during peak hours.
Certificate Authority (CA), Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), Proxy-Based Authentication scheme (PBAS), Road Side Unit (RSU).
- Vijayakumar P, Indupriya S, Rajashree R. A hybrid multilevel security scheme using DNA computing based color code and elliptic curve cryptography. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10):1–7.
- Sasi SB, Sivanandam N, Emeritus. A survey on cryptography using Optimization algorithms in WSNs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(3):1–6.
- Parthasarathy MB, Srinivasan B. Increased security in image cryptography using wavelet transforms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(12):1–8.
- Amalarethinam DIG, Geetha JS, Mani K. Analysis and enhancement of speed in public key cryptography using message encoding algorithm. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16):1–7.
- Salim PTT, Vigneswaran T. FPGA implementation of hiding information using cryptography. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18):1–7.
- Raya M, Papadimitratos P, Hubaux PY. Securing vehicular communications. IEEE Wireless Communications. 2006; 13(5):8–15.
- Sun Y, Lu R, Lin X, Shen XS. An efficient pseudonymous authentication scheme with strong privacy preservation for vehicular communications. IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology. 2010; 59(1):3589–603.
- Zhang C, Lin, Lu R, Ho PH. An efficient message authentication scheme for vehicular communications. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2008; 57(6):3357–68.
- Lin X, Lu R, Zhang C, Zhu H, Ho PH, Shen X. Security in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Communication Magazine. 2008; 46(4):88–95.
- Lin X, Sun X, Ho PH, Shen X. A secure and privacy-preserving protocol for vehicular communications. IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology. 2007; 56(6):3442–56.
- Chaum D, van Heyst E. Group signatures. Processing of Advances in Cryptology – Eurocrypt.1991; 547:257–65.
- Wasef A, Lu R, Lin X, Shen X. Complementing public key infrastructure to secure Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks security and privacy in emerging wireless networks. IEEE Wireless Communication. 2010 Oct; 17(5):22–8.
- Zhang C, Ho P, Tapolcai J. On batch verification with group testing for vehicular communications. Wireless Network. 2011; 17(8):1851–65.
- Wasef A, Jiang Y, Shen X. DCS: An efficient Distributed Certificate-Service scheme for vehicular networks. IEEE Transactions. Vehicular Technology. 2010; 59(2):533–49.
- Hubaux JP, Capkun S, Luo H. The security and privacy of smart vehicles. IEEE Security and Privacy Magazine. 2004; 2(3):49–55.
- Raya M, Hubaux JP. Securing Vehicular Ad hoc Networks. Journal of Computer Security. 2007; 15(1):39–68.
- Yiliang L, et al. Message authentication using proxy vehicles in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Transactions. 2015; 64(8):3697–710.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.