Total views : 5858
Exemplary Advancement of EPON Communication by FBG based Splitters
Objectives: In the last few years, researchers in the field of optical fibre communication have focused on designing optical filter for blocking certain wavelength using Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG). In this paper inculcates the study and research on FBG base splitters with alteration of grating length for Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) is carried out. Methods/Analysis: The simulation is incorporated on simulation Software MATLAB 7.2 of Mathworks. The simulation model is constructed by varying design parameters such as grating length, which in turn attains the maximum reflectivity for the wavelengths required for EPON. We fix the values of the effective refractive index of grating and radius of the core. Here the grating length and centre wavelengths are fixed 35 mm and 1550 nm respectively and findings obtained. Findings: FBG is one of the renowned distributed Bragg reflector manoeuvred in an optical fiber of small segment and it possesses the stupendous attribute of reflecting particular wavelengths of light whilst traversing all other wavelengths. As per observations the reflectivity of the grating or the effectiveness of the grating in extracting the wavelength has a tremendous value of 100%. This filter has various applications which improve the quality and reduce the cost of an optical network.
Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON), Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG), Grating Length, Reflectivity, Wavelength.
- Lammbert MS, Mariam TT, Susan FH. Passive optical network. Betascript Publishing; 2011.
- Gillani SMFSF, Khan MA, Shahid MK. Reach extendibility of passive optical network technologies. Optical Switching and Networking. 2015; 18(3):211–21.
- Vidyarthi DP. Technologies and Protocols for the Future of Internet Design: Reinventing. Information Science Reference (IGI), USA; 2012.
- Mahmoud AQM. Design and implementation of a fiber to the home FTTH access network based on GPON. International Journal of Computer Application. 2014; 92(6).
- Tahir BA, Ali J, Rahman RA. Strain measurement using fiber bragg grating sensor. American Journal of Applied Science (Special Issue). 2005; 40–8.
- Ahamed RSS. A novel view on passive optical network strategies in the computer communication. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology. 2010; 2(8):3597–602.
- Hill KO, Meltz G. Fiber bragg grating technology fundamentals and overview. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 1997; 15(8).
- Chintakindi R, Rajesh SOS. Vital role of FBG sensors-2012 developments in electrical power systems. ICPEC 2013. Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Power, Energy and Control, Sri Rangalatchum Dindigul, India. 2013. p. 478–83.
- Ando M, Yamauchi M, Nakayama K, Moriyama K, Fujita K. Dependence of fiber bragg grating characteristics on its length. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics. 2004; 43(7A):4234–35.
- Dadwal J, Sharma B. Analysis of fiber bragg gratings for the elimination of realignment during the life of the system while FBG is spliced directly to the doped fiber. International Journal of Advanced Multidisciplinary Research. 2015; 2(10):52–4.
- Arora D, Parkash J, Singh H, Wason A. Effect of effective refractive index of grating in FBG splitter. International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology (IJEST). 2011; 3(9).
- Andre PS, Pinto JL, Abe I, Kalinowski HJ, Frazao O, Araujo FM. Fibre bragg grating for telecommunications applications; tuneable thermally stress enhanced OADM. Journal of Microwave and Optoelectronics. 2001; 2:32–45.
- Park HS, Yun SH, Hwang IK, Lee SB, Kin BYK. All-fiber add-drop wavelength-division multiplexer base on internodal coupling. IEEE Photonics Technology Letters. 2001; 13(5).
- Pan JK, Kim JD, Mao WK. An implementation of tunable fiber bragg grating using fabry-perot filter. Proceeding of Spanish Conference on Electron Devices, Santiago de Compostela. 2009. p. 353–56.
- Fu H, Zhang W, Mou C et al. High frequency sensing interrogation system using fiber bragg grating based microwave photonic filtering. OFC 2009. Proceeding OFC, San Diego, CA. 2009. p. 1–3.
- Gong Y, Liu X, Wang L, Xiaohong H, Aoxiang L, Wei Z. Optimal design of multichannel fiber bragg grating filters with small dispersion and low index modulation. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2009; 27(15):3235–40.
- Hanawa M. Sampled fiber bragg grating based optical transversal filtering and application to fiber-optic/radio communications. Proceeding of 15th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communication, Shanghai, China. 2009. p. 568–71.
- Xing-Hua T, Zuo-We Y, Yue-Chun S, Xiang-Fei C. A novel sampled bragg grating comb filter with a ladder chirped structure. Proceeding of 15th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communication, Shanghai. China. 2009. p. 523–55.
- Weiwei J, Linyong F, Zhiming L, Peilin T, Jian L, Shuisheng J. Study and fabrication of add/drop filter based on bragg gratings reflection coupler; ACP 2009. Proceeding of Asia Communications and Photonics conference and Exhibition, Shanghai, China. 2009. p. 1–6.
- Wong ACL, Giovinazzo M, Tam HY, Lu C, Peng GD. Tilted moire fiber bragg grating optical filters with controllable passband and stopband. Journal of Lightwave Technology. 2010; 28(6):898–904.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.