Total views : 367
Regeneration of Necrotic ImmatureTeeth: Systemati Review
Objectives: This study aims to review all the available strategies and treatment protocols used for regeneration of necrotic immature roots in the published reported clinical cases. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: The following electronic bibliographic databases; Pubmed, Scirus, Cochrane Library and Summon were searched, in addition to “hand searching” to identify other potentially relevant articles. A structured electronic search was carried out including; only terms related to the intervention. Relevant papers published in English were identified after reviewing their titles, abstracts then full reading of the papers. Findings: 32 papers were included according to the inclusion criteria. They were directly relevant to the subject; all of them are clinical studies following regenerative endodontic therapy to treat the necrotic immature teeth. Application/ Improvement: Different methodological steps are followed to regenerate the necrotic immature roots. Reviewing these variability and the different strategies followed was an important issue to reach evidence based guidelines and showed the clinical significance for application in the daily clinical practice.
Evidence-Based Medicine, Maturogenesis, Pulp Revitalization, Systematic Review, Young Permanent Teeth.
- Iwaya SIM, Kubota M. Revascularization of an immature permanent tooth with apical periodontitis and sinus tract. Dental Traumatology. 2001; 17(4):185-87.
- Chueh LH, Huang GT. Immature teeth with periradicular periodontitis or abscess undergoing apexogenesis: a paradigm shift. Journal of Endodontics. 2006; 32(12):1205-13.
- Degen RM, Hodgins JL, Bhandari M. The language of evidence based medicine: answers to common questions? Indian J. Orthopaedics. 2008; 42(2):111-7.
- Galler KM, D’Souza RN, Federlin M. Dentin conditioning codetermines cell fate in regenerative endodontics. Journal of Endodontics. 2011; 37(11):1536-41.
- Taneja S. Nonsurgical healing of large periradicular lesions using a triple antibiotic paste: A case series. Contemporary Clinical Dentistry J. 2010; 1(1):31.
- Torabinejad M. Revitalization of tooth with necrotic pulp and open apex by using platelet-rich plasma: A case report. Journal of Endodontics. 2011; 37(2):265-68.
- Torabinejad T, Mahmoud M. Aclinical and histological report of a tooth with an open apex treated with regenerative endodontics using platelet-rich plasma. Journal of Endodontics, 2012; 38(6):864-68.
- Kim K, Duck-Su S. Long-term follow-ups of revascularized immature necrotic teeth: three case reports. International Journal of Oral Science. 2012; 4(2):109-13.
- Shin SY, Albert JS, Mortman RE. One step pulp revascularization treatment of an immature permanent tooth with chronic apical abscess: a case report. International Endodontic Journal. 2009; 42(12):1118-26.
- Shivashankar VY. Platelet rich fibrin in the revitalization of tooth with necrotic pulp and open apex. Journal of Conservative Dentistry. 2012; 15(4):395-98.
- Gelman R, Park H. Pulp revascularization in an immature necrotic tooth: a case report. Pediatric Dentistry J. 2012; 34(7):496-99.
- Thibodeau B, Trope M. Pulp revascularization of a necrotic infected immature permanent tooth: case report and review of the. Pediatric Dentistry J. 2007; 29(1):47-50.
- Thibodeau B. Case report: pulp revascularization of a necrotic, infected, immature, permanent tooth. Pediatric Dentistry J. 2009, 31(2):145-48.
- Yang J. Pulp revascularization of immature dens invaginatus with periapical periodontitis. Journal of Endodontics. 2013; 39(2):288-92.
- Reynolds K, Johnson JD, Cohenca N. Pulp revascularization of necrotic bilateral bicuspids using a modified novel technique to eliminate potential coronal discolouration: a case report. International Endodontic Journal. 2009; 42(1):84-92.
- Cehreli C, Zafer C. Regenerative endodontic treatment (revascularization) of immature necrotic molars medicated with calcium hydroxide: A case series. Journal of Endodontics. 2011, 37(9):1327-30.
- Nosrat A, Seifi A, Asgary S. Regenerative endodontic treatment (revascularization) for Necrotic Immature Permanent Molars: A Review and report of two cases with a new biomaterial. Journal of Endodontics. 2011; 37(4):562-67.
- Thomson A, Kahler B. Regenerative endodontics - biologically-based treatment for immature permanent teeth: a case report and review of the. Australian Dental Journal. 2010; 55(4):446-52.
- Iwaya S-I, Ikawa M, Kubota M. Revascularization of an immature permanent tooth with periradicular abscess after luxation. Dental traumatology. 2011; 27(1):55-8.
- Keswani D, Pandey RK. Revascularization of an immature tooth with a necrotic pulp using platelet-rich fibrin: a case report. International Endodontic Journal. 2013; 46(11):1096-104.
- Lenzi R. Revitalization procedures in two traumatized incisors with different biological outcomes. Journal of Endodontics. 2012; 38(3):411-14.
- Cehreli ZC, Sezgi S, Burak A.Revascularization of Immature Permanent Incisors after Severe Extrusive Luxation Injury. Journal of the Canadian Dental Association. 2012; 78(7):1-6.
- Petrino JA. Challenges in regenerative endodontics: a case series. Journal of Endodontics. 2001; 36(3):536-41.
- Jung ILS, Hargreaves K. Biologically Based Treatment of Immature Permanent Teeth with Pulpal Necrosis. Journal of Endodontic. 2008; 34(7):876-87.
- Trevino EG, Henry MA, Patwardhan A. The effect of different irrigation solutions on the survival of Stem Cells of the Apical Papilla (SCAP) in a PRP scaffold in human root tips. Journal of Endodontics. 2009; 35(8):428.
- Nosrat AHN, Oloomi K. Drawbacks and Unfavorable Outcomes of Regenerative Endodontic Treatments of Necrotic Immature Teeth: A Review and Report of a Case. Journal of Endodontics. 2012; 38(10):1428-34.
- Banchs F, Trope M. Revascularization of immature permanent teeth with apical periodontitis: new treatment protocol? Journal of Endodontics. 2004; 30(4):196-200.
- Chen MYH. Responses of immature permanent teeth with infected necrotic pulp tissue and apical periodontitis/abscess to revascularization procedures. International Endodontic Journal. 2012; 45(3):294-305.
- Aggarwal VS, Miglani M, Singla M. Conventional apexification and revascularization induced maturogenesis of two non-vital, immature teeth in same patient: 24 months follow up of a case. Journal of Conservative Dentistry. 2012; 15(1):68-72.
- Jadhav GSN, Logani A. Revascularization with and without Platelet-rich Plasma in Nonvital, Immature, Anterior Teeth: A Pilot Clinical Study. Journal of Endodontics. 2012; 38(12):1581-87.
- Shah N, Logani A, Bhaskar U. Efficacy of revascularization to induce apexification/ apexogenesis in infected, nonvital, immature teeth: a pilot clinical study. Journal of Endodontics. 2008, 34(8):919-25.
- Jesus AS. Pulp revascularization after root canal decontamination with calcium hydroxide and 2% chlorhexidine gel. Journal of Endodontics. 2013; 39(3):417-20.
- Kottoor K, Jojo J. Revascularization for a necrotic immature permanent lateral incisor: A case report and review. International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry. 2013; 23(4):310-16.
- Sameer M, Nisha K, Navjot M. Pulp Revascularization of an Immature Permanent Tooth with Apical Periodontitis - A Case Report. Serbian Dental Journal. 2013; 60(2):99-104.
- Ding RY. Pulp Revascularization of Immature Teeth With Apical Periodontitis: A Clinical Study. Journal of Endodontics. 2009; 35(5):745-49 .
- Bettina R, Basrani B. Interaction between Sodium Hypochlorite and Chlorhexidine Gluconate. Journal of Endodontics. 2007; 33(8):966-69.
- Trevino T, Ernesto G. Effect of irrigants on the survival of human stem cells of the apical papilla in a platelet-rich plasma scaffold in human root tips. Journal of Endodontics. 2011; 37(8):1109-15.
- Ring K. The comparison of the effect of endodontic irrigation on cell adherence to root canal dentin. Journal of Endodontics. 2008; 34(12):1474-79.
- Hoshino E. In-vitro antibacterial susceptibility of bacteria taken from infected root dentine to a mixture of ciprofloxacin, metronidazole and minocycline. International Endodontic Journal. 1996; 29(2):125-30.
- Bezgin T. Concentrated platelet-rich plasma used in root canal revascularization: 2 case reports. International Endodontic Journal. 2014; 47(1):41-9.
- Ruparel R, Nikita B. Direct effect of intracranial medicaments on survival of stem cells of the apical papilla. Journal of Endodontics. 2012; 38(10):1372-75.
- Dabbagh B. Clinical complications in the revascularization of immature necrotic permanent teeth. Pediatric Dentistry. 2012; 34(5):414-17.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.