Total views : 210
Detecting Node Masquerade Attack using RLE Method
Among security challenges raised by mobile Wireless Sensor Networks, clone attack is particularly dreadful since it makes an adversary able to subvert the behavior of a network just leveraging a few replicas of some previously compromised sensors. In this work, we propose a method named as Detecting Node Masquerade Attack using RLE Method which is used for detecting a clone in the network using RLE method. The main goal of our proposed protocol is to detect the replica of the nodes i.e. clones in the network on the basis of RLE method. RLE method is abbreviated as RSSI and List Exchange method i.e. R represents RSSI means received signal strength indicator. After that we also compare our proposed protocol with the known method i.e. Hip-Hop protocols which are also used to find a clone in mobile WSN and our simulation shows that our proposed protocol outperforms the existing approach in terms of detection rate and time taken to detect a clone. In future work, we can also use a clustering protocol to make this work more efficient.
Reprogramming, Security, Sensor Networks
- Karl H, Willing A. Protocols and architectures for Wireless Sensor Network. Wiley; 2005.
- Dargie W, Poellabauer C. Fundamentals of Wireless Sensor Networks. Wiley; 2010.
- Fasolo E, Rossi M, Widmer J, Zorzi M. In-network aggregation techniques for Wireless Sensor Networks: A survey. IEEE Wireless Communications. 2007; 14(2):70–87.
- Villas LA, Boukerche A, Ramos HS, Oliveira HABFD, Araujo DBD, Loureiro AAF. DRINA: A lightweight reliable routing approach for in-network aggregation in Wireless Sensor Network. IEEE Transactions on Communication. 2012; 62(4):1–13.
- Al-Karaki JN, Kamal AE. Routing techniques in Wireless Sensor Networks: A survey. IEEE Wireless Communication. 2004; 11(6):1–28.
- Al-Karaki R, Ul-Mustafa U, Kamal A. Data aggregation in Wireless Sensor Networks - Exact and approximate algorithms. IEEE Workshop on High Performance Switching and Routing; 2004. p. 241–5.
- Baranidharan B, Shanthi B. A survey on energy efficient protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 11(10):35–40.
- Shukla KV. Research on energy efficient routing protocol LEACH for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology. 2013; 2(3):1–5.
- Kirci P, Chaouchi H, Laouiti A. Cluster-based Protocol Structures in WSNs. 21st International Conference on Systems, Signals and Image Processing; Dubrovnik. 2014. p. 183–6.
- Khan AA, Javaid N, Qasim U, Lu Z, Khan ZA. HSEP: Heterogeneity-aware Hierarchal Stable Election Protocol for WSNs. Seventh International Conference on Broadband, Wireless Computing, Communication and Applications; 2012 Nov. p. 373–8.
- Yadav R, Varma S, Malaviya N. A survey of MAC protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks. UbiCC Journal. 2009; 4(3):827–33.
- Wang X, Li Q, Xiong N, Pan Y. Ant colony optimizationbased location-aware routing for Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Algorithms, Systems and Applications. 2008; 5258:109–20.
- Kiruthika B, Ezhilarasie R, Umamakeswari A. Implementation of modified RC4 algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks on CC2431. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):198–206.
- Janani ESV, Ganeshkumar P. Compliant data-centric network processing for energy economic data collection in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):506–12.
- Saranya V, Matheswari N, Punidha R, Soundarya M. nTracking dynamic target in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.