Total views : 251
An Application of Fuzzy Logic Controller Renewable Energy Storage System
Background/Objectives: Embedded generation are futuristic energy system that penetrates in the conventional power system in a rapid manner. The wind energy system is which a typical non-conventional energy source faces the problem of stochastic nature which makes it not suitable to all energy applications. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The Electric vehicles are the novel energy transportations systems owing to their mobility and easy power transfer to the power drought areas. Findings: The stochastic control algorithm is used for scheduling of electric vehicles which effectively meets the gird requirements as well as meeting the energy requirements. The fuzzy logic controller is used in the energy storage system which is relatively advantageous compared to conventional PI controller. Application/Improvements: The control strategy is demonstrated from side to side model simulation swot up the results conform the significance of the control methodology incorporated in the paper.
Fuzzy Logic Controller, Renewable Energy, Vehicle to Gird, Wind Power.
- Liu C, Chau KT, Wu D, Gao S. Opportunities and challenges of vehicle-to-home, vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-grid technologies. Proc IEEE. 2013 Nov; 101(11):2409–27.
- Kempton W, Tomic J. Vehicle-to-grid power fundamentals: Calculating capacity and net revenue. J Power Sources. 2005 Jun; 144(1):268–79.
- Saber AY, Venayagamoorthy GK. Plug-in vehicles and renewable energy sources for cost and emission reductions. IEEE Trans Ind Electron. 2011 Apr; 58(4):1229–38.
- Han S, Sezaki K. Estimation of achievable power capacity from plug-in electric vehicles for V2G frequency regulation: Case studies for market participation. IEEE Trans Smart Grid. 2011 Dec; 2(4):632– 41.
- Han S, Sezaki K. Development of an optimal vehicle-togrid aggregator for frequency regulation. IEEE Trans Smart Grid. 2010 Feb; 1(1):65–72.
- Chan CC, Chau KT. Modern Electric Vehicle Technology. London, U.K.: Oxford Univ. Press, 2001 Nov.
- Escudero-Garzas JJ, Garcia-Armada A, Seco-Granados G. Fair design of plug-in electric vehicles aggregator for V2G regulation. IEEE Trans Veh Technol. 2012 Oct; 61(8):3406–19.
- Rotering N, Ilic M. Optimal charge control of plug-in hybrid electric vehicles in deregulated electricity markets. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 2011 Aug; 26(3):1021–9.
- Guo F, Inoa E, Choi W, Wang J. Study on global optimization and control strategy development for a PHEV charging facility. IEEE Trans Veh Technol. 2012 Jul; 61(6):2431–41.
- Viswanathan VV, Kintner-Meyer M. Second use of transportation batteries: Maximizing the value of batteries for transportation and grid services. IEEE Trans Veh Technol. 2011 Sep; 60(7):2963–70.
- Hosseini M, Shayanfar HA, Firuzabad MF. Reliability improvement of distribution system using SSVR. ISA Trans. 2009 Jan; 48(1):98–106.
- U.S. Dept Transp, Fed Hwy Admin, National Household Travel Survey (NHTS). [Online]. Available from: http://nhts.ornl.gov/download.shtml
- Wu D, Aliprantis DC, Gkritza K. Electric energy and power consumption by light-duty plug-in electric vehicles. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 2011 May; 26(2):738–46.
- LFP Battery User Manual, Thunder Sky, Cincinnati, OH, USA, 2010.
- El-Khattam W, Hegazy YG, Salama MMA. An integrated distributed generation optimization model for distribution system planning. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 2005 May; 20(2):1158–65.
- Herter K, McAuliffe P, Rosenfeld A. An exploratory analysis of California residential customer response to critical peak pricing of electricity. Energy. 2007 Jan; 32(1):25–34.
- Voltage Characteristics of Electricity Supplied by Public Distribution Systems, Std. EN50160, CENELEC Eur. Comm. Electro-technical Stand. 1994.
- Amjadi Z, Williamson SS. Prototype design and controller implementation for a battery-ultracapacitor hybrid electric vehicle energy storage system. IEEE Trans Smart Grid. 2012 Mar; 3(1):332–40.
- Pang C, Dutta P, Kezunovic M. BEVs/PHEVs as dispersed energy storage for V2B uses in the smart grid. IEEE Trans Smart Grid. 2012 Mar; 3(1):473–82.
- Yamini K, Vasudha B, Sharma A, Ponnambalam P. Implementation of Fuzzy Logic Controller for Cascaded Multilevel Inverter with Reduced Number of Components. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(2).
- Akram M, Habib S, Javed I. Intuitionistic Fuzzy Logic Control for Washing Machines. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 May ; 7(5).
- Sangfeel K, Eunji S, Kyung Sik K, ByungSeop S. Design of fuzzy logic controller for inverted pendulum-type mobile robot using smart in-wheel motor. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Mar; 8(5).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.