Total views : 185
Astronomical Context of Georgian Folklore
Objectives: The religious Ancient megalithic monuments are accordingly o/riente to the ancient Gods – The Sun, Moon, luminaries. The aim of this work to research the ethnographic data, current folklore and based on the results, harmonize the ancient Gods and the orientations of the religious megalithic complexes. Methods/Statistical Analysis: We harmonized the ethnographical, folklore and historical information and restoration of ancient celestial sphere (using special astronomy application) and identified the correlations between the some acronychal or helical rising/set of luminaries and orientations of megalithic objects. Such connections are stored in a folklore. Findings: This technique of investigations gives us more clear understanding of ancient universe. Using this method, we can receive additional information about the ancient Gods – Luminaries, clarify current mythology, date the megalithic complex. Application/Improvements: This method of investigation - Harmonization cultural astronomy and archae or astronomy with the archeological investigations will be more fruitful, because it gives us reliable information concerning the ancient culture, ancient religion and ancient people.
Ancient Astronomy, Ethnographic Data, Folklore, Megalithic Monuments.
- Meliksed-Beg L. Megalithic Culture in Georgia. Publication Company: Merani, 1938.
- Feldman Marian H. Luxurious Forms: Redefining a Mediterranean International Style. 1400–1200 b.c.e. 2002; 6–29.
- Shanshashvili N, Narimanishvili G. Mitanian Seals from South Caucasus in the Context of Caucasian near Eastern Contacts in the 15th - 14th CC. B.C. 2015; 72–89.
- Batonishvili V. Geography of Georgia. published by M. Janashvili. Maksim Sharadze Publication Company: Tbilisi. 1892.
- King Vakhtang VI. Dasturlamali. Published by P. Ushikishvili. Literature and Khelovneba Publication Company: Tbilisi, 1880.
- Bedukadze S. Ethnographic data, Ioseb Datuashvili, patronymic Vasil, 84 years old, a ploughman. Archive. Dmanisi. 1964.
- Marriott CA. SkyMap Pro 11 Product Information. Available from: http://www.skymap.com/smp_info.htm. 1997.
- Rogers John H. Origins of the Ancient Constellations: II the Mediterranean Traditions. Journal of the British Astronomical Association. 1998; 2(108):79–89.
- Faruq G, Shamsuddin F, Jenifer A, Jusoh SH, Nezhadahmadi A, Khalid N. Optimization of Media and Cold Pretreatment for Anther Culture using Japonica/indica and Indica/Indica Hybrids and their Callus Induction Comparisons in different Rice Crosses. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(11):1–10.
- Amin N. Investigation of Culture Filtrate of Endophytic Fungi Nigrospora Sp. Isolate Rs 10 in Different Concentrations towards Root-knot Nematode Meloidogyne Spp. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Sep; 6(9):1–5.
- Krishna Rao S. Early Man and his Culture from Eritrea in Northeast Africa. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2007 Dec; 1(2):1–8.
- Ptolemy, Toomer GJ. Ptolemy’s Almagest. Available from: http://books.google.com/books?id=6tNFAQAAIAAJ, 1984; 693 pp.
- Schaaf F. The Brightest Stars. John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Publication Company: Canada. 2008; 120 pp.
- Finkelberg M. She Turns about in the Same Spot and Watches for Orion: Ancient Criticism and Exegesis of Od. 5.274 = Il. 18.488.2004; 231–44. Available from: http://grbs.library.duke.edu/article/view/121/121.
- Culmination. Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition. . HarperCollins Publishers. Available from: http://www.dictionary.com/cite.html?qh=culmination&ia=ced2,2009.
- Kotetishvili V. National poetry. Second edition. Tbilisi Publication Company: Tbilisi. 1961.
- Rustaveli S. The knight in the tiger’s skin. Published by Ingoroqva Pavle. Tbilisi Publication Company: Tbilisi. 1939.
- Gudava T. National Georgian folk-lore; Mingrelian text. Tbilisi Publication Company: Tbilisi. 1975.
- Samushia K. Georgian Folk-Lore, Mingrelian Samples. Tbilisi Publication Company: Tbilisi.1990.
- Orbeliani SS. Georgian Dictionary (Lek`sikoni K`art`uli). Merani Publication Company: Tbilisi .1991.
- MakalaTia S. Cult of phallus in Georgia. First Publication Company: Tbilisi. 1926.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.