Total views : 271
Integrated Cluster-based Rule Induction Mining of Temporal Data for Time-Series Analysis
Objectives: To deliver excellent performance when compared to existing method Mining Comprehensible Classification Rules for Time-Series (MCCR-TS) using zoo dataset collected from UCI repository comprising of more than 1000 records. Methods/Analysis: Research works on Time-series data has been evolving as a new trend in current scenarios due to the wide range of applications involved in it. One of the widely researched topics is the web usage mining and effective evaluation of time-series movements and transaction associated with them. Most of the studies conducted earlier, focused on identifying the time-series data from the entire logs. However, this type of patterns may not be accurate enough for evaluation due to differentiated behaviors of user patterns are not taken into consideration. Findings: In this paper, we examine the time series for temporal data using integrated cluster-based rule induction mining, by presenting a novel algorithm, namely, Integrated Cluster-based Rule Induction Mining for Time-Series analysis (ICRIM-TS). The algorithm discovers temporal data and the similarities between users are evaluated by the proposed measure, Time Series. To our best knowledge, this is the first work on mining and identification of user behaviors based on the time series data with preferences being given for both user relations and temporal data at the same time. Improvement: Through experimental evaluation, under various settings, the performance of web usage mining is evaluated in terms of precision of users, error threshold value and number of rules extracted.
Cluster-based Rule Induction Mining, Temporal Data, Time-series Analysis, User Relations, Web Usage Mining.
- Suyun Z, Eric CCT, Degang C, XiZhao W. Building a rule-based classifier—a fuzzy-rough set approach. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2010; 22(5):624–38.
- Alhajj FRMAR. Efficient periodicity mining in time series databases using suffix trees. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2010; 23(1):79–94.
- Alvarez MF, Lenguajes AD, Sevilla S, Spain S. Energy time series forecasting based on pattern sequence similarity.IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.2011; 23(8):1230–43.
- Lian X, Chen HKL. Efficient similarity search over future stream time series. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2008; 20(1):40–54.
- Wang W, Yu YPS. Mining asynchronous periodic patterns in time series data. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2003; 15(3):613–28.
- Rodrigues PP, Porto P, Gama J, Pedroso J. Hierarchical clustering of time-series data streams. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2013; 20(5):615–27.
- Fisch D, Gruber T, Sick B. Swift rule: Mining comprehensible classification rules for time series analysis. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2011; 23(5):774–87.
- Moreno-Garcia J, Castro-Schez T, Jimenez LJJ. A fuzzy inductive algorithm for modeling dynamical systems in a comprehensible way. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems.2007; 15(4):652–72.
- Yang Y, Chen K. Temporal data clustering via weighted clustering ensemble with different representations. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2011; 23(2):307–20.
- Yang Y, Chen K. Time series clustering via rpcl network ensemble with different representations. IEEE Transactions on Systems Man and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews. 2011; 41(2):190–9.
- Syed SA, Kumaran TS, Ahmed AS. Energy efficiency distributed routing algorithm based on HAC clustering method for WSN. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(S7):66–75.
- Hariharan R, Mahesh C, Prasenna P, Kumar RV. Enhancing privacy preservation in data mining using cluster based greedy method in hierarchical approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–8.
- Murugananthan V, Kumar BLS. An adaptive educational data mining technique for mining educational data models in e-learning systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):1–5.
- Sivakumar S, Venkataraman S, Selvaraj R. Predictive modeling of student dropout indicators in educational data mining using improved decision tree. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4):1–5.
- Undavia JN, Dolia P, Patel A. Customized prediction model to predict post-graduation course for graduating students using decision tree classifier. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(12):1–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.