Total views : 284
Methods and Techniques for Improving Processing Efficiency of Broadband Signals
Background/Objectives: The study analyzes methods and techniques for improving the effective speed of computing units to solve the problems of digital processing of broadband signals by introducing special vector instructions. Methods: Uniquely effective methods of digital matched filtering (MF) have been suggested for broadband signal processing: sub-aperture method and the coded moving total method. Findings: Performance evaluation of the matched filtering schemes and algorithms showed that, in a number of MF broadband signal problems, the coded moving total method proved to be 3-20 times more effective than the direct convolution method, and two times more effective than the fast convolution method based on fast Fourier transform (FFT) algorithms; the method of sub-apertures proved to be 2-6 times more effective than the direct convolution method. Applications/Improvements: Two equipment instruction manuals for moving summation in EL-core IP-cores have been developed, improving their effective performance of filtration by several times. The algorithms are used in ORWELL-R (OJSC R&D Center ELVEES) modern security radar station.
Computing Units, Digital Signal Processing, Matched Filtering, Radio Detection and Ranging.
- Jain S, Saini S. High speed convolution and deconvolution algorithm (Based on Ancient Indian Vedic Mathematics). Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTICON), 11th International Conference. 2014; p. 1–5. Doi: 10.1109/ECTICon.2014.6839756.
- Mookherjee S, DeBrunner LS, De Brunner V. A hardware efficient technique for linear convolution of finite length sequences. Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers. 2013; p. 515–19. Doi: 10.1109/ ACSSC.2013.6810331.
- Gray AA. Parallel sub-convolution filter bank architectures. Circuits and Systems. ISCAS ‘03. Proceedings of the 2003 International Symposium. 2003; 4:IV-528-IV-531. Doi: 10.1109/ISCAS.2003.1205971.
- Rabiner L, Gold B. Moscow: Mir: Theory and application of digital signal processing. Under the editorship of Yu. N. Aleksandrov. 1978.
- Elvees. Date accessed: 03.04.2016: Available from: www. multicore.ru.
- Aleksandrov YuN, Zinchenko ON, Kolobanova YeS. Digital security Ku-range radio detector. Issues of Electronic Engineering. 2006; 2:115-26.
- Chao Cheng, Parhi KK. Hardware efficient fast parallel FIR filter structures based on iterated short convolution. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers. 2004; 51(8):1492-1500. Doi: 10.1109/TCSI.2004.832784.
- Zamyatin AA. Efficient convolution via FFT with real-to-complex packing. IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference Record (NSS/MIC). 2009; p. 4134-37. Doi: 10.1109/NSSMIC.2009.5402333.
- Bierens L, Deprettere E. Engineering multi-rate convolutions for radar imaging. Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing. ICASSP-96. Conference Proceedings, IEEE International Conference, 1996; 6(6):3217-20. Doi: 10.1109/ICASSP.1996.550561.
- Venkatesan A, Venkat Kumar S. Efficient implementation of fast convolution in ASIP. Recent Advances in Space Technology Services and Climate Change (RSTSCC). 2010; p. 203-07. Doi: 10.1109/RSTSCC.2010.5712848.
- Babic Z, Mandic DP. A fast algorithm for linear convolution of discrete time signals. Telecommunications in Modern Satellite, Cable and Broadcasting Service, TELSIKS 5th International Conference, 2001; 2:595-98. Doi: 10.1109/ TELSKS.2001.955846.
- Bleykhut R. Moscow: Mir: Fast algorithms for digital signal processing. 1989.
- Goldenverg LM, Levchuk YuP, Polyak MP. Moscow: Svyaz: Digital filters. 1974.
- Yanakova YeS. Moscow: Investigating and developing methods for digital matched filtering of radar impulses in heterogeneous systems-on-chips. PhD Thesis in Science (Engineering). 2009.
- Solokhina TV, Aleksandrov YuN, Petrichkovich YaYa. Signal controllers manufactured by ELVEES: the first domestic DSP product line. Electronics: science, technology, business. 2005; 7:70–77.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.