Total views : 482
Research of Specifics of Advertising in the Sports Sphere: Regional Aspect and Effect of Collaboration
Background: Advertising in the information society increases the sphere of its influence, forms patterns of social thinking. The research is aimed at identifying the specifics of advertising in physical culture and sports at the regional level. Methods: We used theoretical analysis of advertising study trends (socio-cultural approach), identifying specifics of its application in physical culture, analyzing the relationship of its commercial and social components. Theoretical provisions were confirmed by the analysis of secondary data of sociological monitoring of physical culture and sport spheres in the Sverdlovsk region conducted with the authors' participation in 2010-2013 and the results of the expert semi-formalized interview. Findings: Advertising of sporting goods promotes involvement of different population groups in physical education. Advertising of major sporting events makes an important political effect, positioning a specific region or a country as a whole. Experts polling in the field of regional physical culture management revealed the potential of investigated communicative tool. Running an advertising campaign which involves idol athletes tends converting passive interest in the sport into practicing sports activities. The choice of sport specificity in the region is largely influenced by advertising messages. Analysis of sport preferences allowed defining the specifics of the various social groups, municipalities that allows increasing the efficiency of advertising communications in the community to solve many of its problems. It has become obvious that the impact of advertising potential is used discretely, to a greater extent it is directed at announcing and supporting sport events rather than shaping the values of a healthy lifestyle. It is necessary to investigate the mechanisms of using advertising as a way to counter the deviant and addictive behaviors. Application/Improvements: Consideration of the regional characteristics and development of sports areas requires a common conceptualization of sports information space aimed at promoting healthy lifestyle attitudes at the individual level and in society as a whole.
E-Learning, Mobile Programming Environment, Java-based Interpreter.
- Narkhov DY, Narkhova YN. Reklama: upravlencheskiy aspect [Advertisement: administrative aspect]. Ekaterinburg: Ural University Press, 2015. (in Russian)
- McLuhan M. Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man. Moscow: Kuchkovo Pole, 2007.
- Toffler E. The Third Wave, 1980. Moscow: AST, 2010.
- Bryant J, Thompson S. Fundamentals media exposure. Moscow: Williams, 2004.
- Jean B. A l’ombre des majorites silencieuses, ou la fin du social. Yekaterinburg: Ural University Publisher, 2000, Available from: http://anthropology.ru/ru/text/bodriyar- zh/v-teni-molchalivogo-bolshinstva, Date accessed: 01/03/2016.
- Fromm E. To Have or to Be? YeM Telyatnikova Translation. Moscow: AST, Astrel, 2010.
- Jackson SJ, Andrews DL. Sport, Culture and Advertising: Identities, commodities and the politics of representation. Simultaneously published in the USA and Canada by Taylor & Francis Inc., 2005.
- Wang A, Anderson RB. A multi-staged model of consumer responses to CSR communications. The Journal of Corporate Citizenship. 2011; 41:51–68.
- Lacey R, Close AG. How fit connects service brand sponsors with consumers’ passions for sponsored events. International Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship. 2013; 14(3):212–28.
- O’Brien KS, Carr Sh, Ferris J, Room R, Miller P, Livingston M, Kypri K, Lynott D. Alcohol Advertising in Sport and Non-Sport TV in Australia, during Children’s Viewing Times. PLoS ONE. 8/11/2015; 10(8):1–9. Doi: 10.1371/ journal.pone.0134889.
- Walsh P, Clavio G, Mullane S, Whisenant W. Brand Awareness and Attitudes Towards Political Advertisements in Sport Video Games. Public Organization Review. 2014 Jun; 14 (2):127–38. 12p. Doi: 10.1007/s11115-012-0209-4.
- Stipp H. The Impact of Olympic Sponsorship in Corporate Image. International Journal of Advertising. 1998; 17(1):75–87.
- Thwaites D, Manjarrez R, Kidd C. Sports Sponsorship Development in Leading Canadian Companies: Issues and Trands. International journal of Advertising. 1998; 17(1):29–49.
- Banyte J, Stonkiene E, Piligrimiene Z. Selecting celebrities in advertising: the case of lithuanian sports celebrity in nonsport product advertisement. Economics and Management. 2011; 16:1215–24.
- Korablyeva GB, Merenkova AV. The social space of the modern city. Yekaterinburg: Ural University Publishing, 2015. Available from: http://elar.urfu.ru/handle/10995/35772, Date accessed: 03/01/2016.
- President of the federation: Statistics of Lyzhnya Rossii speaks of the great popularity of cross-country skiing. ITARTASS Information Agency, 2014. Available from: http:// itar-tass.com/sport/932426 Date accessed: 01/03/2016.
- Vishnevskiy YR. The ratio of population of the Sverdlovsk region in physical education and sport: the results of sociological monitoring. Yekaterinburg: Ural University Press, 2013. Available from: http://elar.urfu.ru/handle/ 10995/22488, Date accessed: 01/03/2016.
- Vishnevskiy YR, Shapko VT. Sociology: Textbook for technical colleges. 3rd ed. Yekaterinburg: Ural State Technical University, 2007.
- Krayevskiy VV. Education and training in the context of science teaching. World of Psychology. Moscow. 2001; 4:209–16.
- Stolyarov VI, Barinov SY. Theoretical bases of students’ sports culture: Monograph. Moscow: GTSOLIFK Spartiansky Humanist Center, 2009.
- Blanter M. Football march, Available from: http://dimtrack. ru/music/futbolnij-gimn-sssr_futbolnij-marsh, Date accessed: 01/03/2016.
- Galkin VV, Sysoyev VI. Economics Physical Culture and Sports. Moscow: Publishing house of the Moscow Academy of Economics and Law, 2005.
- Youth in Russia. The stat. Sat. UNICEF, Rosstat, Moscow, 2010.
- Law of Sverdlovsk region from 16.07.2012 N 70-OZ (Ed. 10.10.2014) “On physical culture and sport in the Sverdlovsk region. Available from: http://base.consultant.ru/regbase/ cgi/online.cgi?req=doc;base=RLAW071;n=140513, Date accessed: 01/03/2016.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.