Total views : 2179
Method for Transportation Cost Calculation on the Basis of Full Cycle (Round Trip)
Background/Objectives: This paper considers the issue of transportation cost calculation in terms of a "Full Truck Load, FTL" model for the "to and fro" trip which is called a "round trip". Methods/Statistical analysis: The authors applied statistical analysis to determine all the possible options of round trips for a specific direction that have already been carried out by a particular transport company, to break them down into component parts, to calculate the cost of each of them and to receive a general assessment of the profitability/unprofitability of the round trip. Findings: The paper has studied all the main types of round trips and gives examples of them with a detailed analysis of their sectors. The authors have analyzed the factors influencing the transportation costs, as well as fixed and variable costs as a basic set of parameters for the cost calculation. The formula for the calculation of these parameters is given based on the experience of logisticians and dispatchers of large transport companies. As a result of this study, the authors have proposed a new method for calculation of transportation cost according to the round trip statistical analysis data. The study and analysis of statistical data on return variants of specific transport companies have allowed identifying some characteristics, according to which a starting point of return can be considered the metropolitan region of departure of the means of transportation mainly for "income producing" trips to another area, and the end point of return can be considered the point of next entry of the means of transportation in the metropolitan region. Application/Improvements: This method makes it possible to get a proper assessment of profitability or unprofitability of a transportation direction taking into account the accumulated traffic statistics regarding a particular transport company.
Full Truck Load (FTL), Round Trip, Transportation, Vehicle Routing Problem (VRP).
- Dantzig GB, Ramser JH. The Truck Dispatching Problem. Management Science. 1959; 6(1):80–91.
- McKinnon A, Browne M, Whiteing A, Cullinane SH. Green Logistics: Improving the environmental sustainability of logistics. London: Kogan Page. 2010.
- Bertazzi L, Savelsbergh M, Speranza MG. Inventory Routing. In: Golden B, Raghavan S, Wasil E editors. The Vehicle Routing Problem: Latest Advances and New Challenges. New York: Springer Science+Business Media. 2008; 49–72. Doi:10.1007/978-0-387-77778-8.
- De Jaegere N, Defraeye M, Nieuwenhuyse V, Leuven KU. The vehicle routing problem: state of the art classification and review. Available from: https://lirias.kuleuven.be/bitstream/ 123456789/457452/1/KBI_1415.pdf. Date accessed: 14/01/2015.
- Granichin O, Skobelev P, Lada A, Mayorov I, Tsarev A. Cargo transportation models analysis using multi-agent adaptive real-time truck scheduling system. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence (ICAART’2013). 2013 Feb 15-18, Barcelona, Spain: SciTePress, Portugal. 2013; 2. p. 244–9. ISBN 978- 989-8565-39-6.
- Skobelev P, Lada A, Mayorov I. Finding an initial plan of transport resources FTL allocation in a special VRP problem using linear programming methods. Proceedings of the 19th World Multi-Conference on Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics (WMSCI 2015), Orlando, Florida, USA. International Institute of Informatics and Systemics. 2015 Jul 12-15; 116–21. ISBN 978-1-941763-24-7
- Ivaschenko A, Lada A, Mayorov I, Skobelev P, Tsarev A. The analysis of efficiency of application of the multi-regional traffic control system in real time. Proceedings of the 4th Multi-Conference on the Problems of Control of MCPM- 2011, October 3-8, 2011, v. Divnomorskoe, Gelendzhik, Russia. Taganrog: Publishing House of TIT SFU. 2011; 1:353–6. ISBN 978-5-8327-0404-3.
- Vaisblat AV, Diyazitdinova AR, Ivashchenko AV, Skobelev PO, Tsarev AV. Organization of interactive communication in multi-agent management system in transportation and shipping company. Proceedings of the XII International Conference Problems of control and simulation of complex systems Samara: Samara Scientific Center RAS. 2010; 620–8.
- MONOPOLY website. Available from: http://monopoly. su/. Date accessed: 27/04/2016.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.