Total views : 286
Modeling in Studying the Accultural Strategies of Youth
Background/Objectives: Development of mathematical methods and their penetration into ethno sociology expanded the horizons of modeling applications in the study of ethno-social processes and, in particular, ethnically mixed families, which determines urgency and significance of this research. Methods: To study the influence of the type of family on the accultural strategies selected by the child the following methods were applied: simulation, typologization, mass sociological survey, technique of Sh. Schwartz for studying value orientations, and individually-typological questionnaire by L. N. Sobchik. The study was conducted in the Republics of Khakassia and Sakha (Yakutia). Findings: The findings have proved the effectiveness of the use of modeling to study the dynamics of ethnically mixed and ethnically homogeneous families in Russia, as well as youth typology. The results of the specific socio-psychological studies carried out by the authors enable to conclude that modeling as a method of studying the ethno-social processes taking into account the different levels of diverse tendencies, as well as the phenomena determined by them, make it possible not only to reconstruct the reality, describe and explain the running processes, identify the vectors of their development, but also to take into account regularities determined by it in the elaboration of educational and socio-economic programs of development of regions and the country as a whole, including those concerning the formation of youth policy and the demographic situation. Applications/Improvements: These original results offer a new angle in studying the role of the family in the formation of the child's behavior patterns, his values, and the choice of the future environment.
Ethnosocial Processes, Modeling, Types of Families.
- Danilevsky NY. Russia and Europe. Moscow: IC “Drevnee i sovremennoe”. 2002.
- Sorokin PA. Man. Civilization. Society. Moscow: Politizdat; 1992.
- Petukhov AY. Modeling of branched chain reactions in political and social processes. Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics. 2015; 11(5):3401-8
- Celeste L, Brown R, Tip LK, Matera C. Acculturation is a two-way street: Majority-minority perspectives of outgroup acculturation preferences and the mediating role of multiculturalism and threat. International Journal of Intercultural Relations. 2014; 43:304-20. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijintrel. 2014.10.002
- Yeong KS, Yijie W, Qi C, et al. Parent-child acculturation profiles as predictors of chinese american adolescents’ academic trajectories. Journal of Youth and Adolescence. 2015; 44(6 SI):1263-74 DOI: 10.1007/s10964-014-0131-x
- Mancini T, Bottura B. Acculturation processes and intercultural relations in peripheral and central domains among native Italian and migrant adolescents: An application of the Relative Acculturation Extended Model (RAEM). International Journal of Intercultural Relations. 2014; 40:49-63. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijintrel.2013.12.002
- Tip LK, Gonzalez R, Brown R, et al. Effects of ingroup norms on domain-specific acculturation preferences: Experimental evidence from two cultural contexts. International Journal of Intercultural Relations. 2015; 47:113-30. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijintrel.2015.03.027
- Nejlor N. Machine simulation experiments with models of economic systems: Translated from English. Moscow: Mir; 1975.
- Bhati K, Hoyt WT, Huffman KL. Integration or Assimilation? Locating qualitative research in psychology. Qualitative Research in Psychology. 2014; 11(1):98-114. DOI: 10.1 080/14780887.2013.772684
- Ginis LA. Scientific forecasting in the modern world. Taganrog: TTI SFU Press, 2011.
- Ruth M, Hannon B. Modeling dynamic economic systems. New York: Springer Verlag; 1997.
- Kont O. Positivism overall overview. Translated from French: Shapiro IA, Radlov JL. Moscow: Bookhouse “Librokom”; 2011.
- Quesnay F, Physiocrats, Selected economic works. AI, Kazarin, Editor. Moscow: Eksmo; 2008.
- Tihanychev OV. About registration of the international borders when modeling the interethnic interaction. Sociosphere. 2014; 197-201.
- Anikonov YE. Mathematical modeling of ethnic processes. Mathematical Problems of Ecology. Novosibirsk: Institute of Mathematics; 1994. p. 3-6.
- Guts AK. Global Ethnic Sociology. Omsk: Omsk State University Press; 1997.
- Mikhailov AP. Mathematical modeling of power distribution in hierarchical structures. Mathematical Modeling. 1994; 6(6):108-38.
- Samarskii A, Mikhailov AP. Mathematical modeling: Ideas. Methods. Moscow: Science. Fizmatlit; 1997.
- Erokhina EA. Siberian vector of internal geopolitics of Russia (monograph). Novosibirsk: Novosibirsk State University Press; 2012.
- Popkov YV. Ethnosocial processes and ethnosocial policy. Bulletin of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2012; 82(6):407-13.
- Popkov YV, Kostyuk VG, Abramova MA, Goncharova GS, Erokhina EA, Madyukova SA, Udalova IV, Ushakov DV, Tyugashev EA, Markhinin VV. Socio-Cultural Approach to the Regulation of Inter-Ethnic Interactions. Popkov Y, Kostiuk VG, Editors. Novosibirsk: Siberian Scientific Publishing House; 2013.
- Epstain JM, Axtell R. Growing Artificial Societies. Washington: Brookings Institution Press; 1996.
- Gilbert N, Troitzsch K. Simulation for the social scientist. Buckingham, Philadelphia: Open University Press; 1999. Available from: http://www.unikoblenz.de/~kgt/Learn/ Textbook/Book.html
- Ioyleva GV. The specifics of modeling and the thought experiment in scientific knowledge. Bulletin of the Northern (Arctic) Federal University. 2015; 1:57-66.
- Karandashev VN. A Technique for Studying Human Values by Schwarz: Concept and Guidance. St. Petersburg: Rech; 2004.
- Sobchik LN. Individual-typological questionnaire. Practical Guidance For Conventional And Computer Test Options. Moscow: Borges; 2010.
- Abramova MA, Goncharova GS. Accultural strategies as a basis for national policy. SOCIS: Sociological Studies. 2009. p. 108-15.
- Abramova MA, Goncharova GS, Kostyuk VG. Socio-cultural types of young people. Novosibirsk, Autograph. 2014.
- National composition of the population of Russia. Data of the 2010 All-Russian Population Census. Available from: http://www.gks.ru/free_doc/new_site/perepis2010/croc/ Documents/Vol4/pub-04-01.pdf
- All-Russian Population Census of 2010. 2015. Available from: http://www.gks.ru/free_doc/new_site /perepis2010/ croc/perepis_itogi1612.htm
- Babenko OV. Language as a basic feature of ethnos uniting within the conditions of modern challenges. Journal of Language and Literature. 2015; 6(3):168-70.
- Abramova MA, Goncharova GS, Savelyev LY. Typology of Russian families in the aspect of interethnic interaction. Bulletin of the Novosibirsk State University. 2015; 13(3):88- 94.
- Berry JW, Immigration, acculturation and adaptation. Applied Psychology: An International Review. 1997; 46(1):5- 34.
- Tajfel H, Editor. Differentiation between social groups. London: Academic Press; 1978.
- Brewer M. The social self, on being the same and different at the same time. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. 1991; 475-82.
- Kalin R, Berry JW. Ethnic and civic self-identity in Canada: Analyses of the 1974 and 1991 national surveys. Canadian Ethnic Studies. 1995; 27:1-15.
- Civil Ethnic and Regional Identity: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow. Moscow: Russian Political Encyclopedia. 2013.
- Epstein JM, Axtell R. Growing Artificial Societies. Washington: Brookings Institution Press; 1996.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.