Total views : 234
The Practice of Teaching Volunteers with Skills of Deaf Communication to Participate in the XVIII Deaflympics Winter Games: Research and Results
Objectives: 2015 XVIII Winter Deaflympics in Khanty-Mansiysk provided a unique opportunity to use the world’s leading experience in the integration of people with disabilities in the full life of Russian society through the implementation of a special program that teaches the deaf communication skills to volunteers. The following article is based on the practical experience of the Russian State Social University Volunteer Center which attracted volunteers to a variety of events and activities for people with disabilities and contains the results of the research of the Games personnel training using the examples from center activity. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The paper presents the modern methods of teaching volunteers the deaf communication skills, allowing us to obtain knowledge and practical experience of interaction with the target group of the Games; reveal the basic properties and principles of deaf commentary; gain practical experience through direct interaction and barrier-free communication. Findings: Additionally, this article analyzes the results of empirical studies of personal characteristics of volunteers with deaf communication skills as well practical recommendations aimed at improving the efficiency of the selection process in volunteer practice for this kind of major sports events. Such integrated approach to the training of deaf communication-skilled volunteers was used for the first time and it showed good results. Application/ Improvement: The practical significance of the study is displayed in the fact that its conclusions and recommendations can be successfully used in the organization of professional selection and psycho-pedagogical support for training, retraining, training and analyzing the activities of the deaf communication volunteers.
Deaf Communication and Integration, Persons with Disabilities, Russian Sign Language, Sign language, Volunteer, Volunteering
- Anderzhanova ZA. Socio-pedagogical support of volunteer activities in orphanages as a condition to stimulate their social activity. [Abstract from PhD thesis on Pedagogical Sciences]. Moscow, RSSU.2011; 9(14):1–6.
- Troska ZA, Sinyachkina KA. The problems of people with disabilities of hearing and dissemination of sign language.New Science: Problems and Prospects. 2015; 1(5-2):103–8.
- Hutzler Y. Theory and organization of adaptive physical education: Introduction to the profession. History, organization and general characteristics of adaptive physical education. Ed. SP Yevseyev. M, editor. Soviet Sport; 2002.p. 1–59.
- Panagiotopoulou R. Citizen participation in the Olympic Games. Barcelona: Centre d’Estudis Olímpics UAB; 2005.p. 1–29 .
- Manual for Beijing Olympic Volunteers. The Beijing Olympic Games and the Olympic Volunteering. 2016.Available from: http://www.communitycollaborations.org/ pdf/3.pdf
- Zaitseva GL. Sign language. Dactylology. - M. Vlados; 2000. p. 10.
- Osokina LM, Kamneva VP. Basics of social work with people with hearing disabilities. Moscow: Tutorial; 2010. p. 1–5.
- Gorlova NI, Krutitskaya YeV. Expert evaluation of social projects. Expertise features in the area of volunteering. Tutorial. Gorlova NI, Editor. Moscow: Sholokhov Moscow State University for the Humanities Publishing Center; 2015. p. 117–26.
- Gorlova NI, Troska ZA, Starovojtova LI, Kononova TB. Volunteers training for audio description service within the Sochi 2014 Project as exemplified by activity of the Russian State Social University Volunteer Center: Research and Findings. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(14):91096.
- Krutitskaya YeV. Competence approach to the organization of voluntary activities of young people in higher education.Volunteer. All-Russian Scientific and Practical Journal. SPB. 2013; 2(1-2):1–26.
- Anderzhanova ZA. Specificity of volunteer activities in the United States. Social Policy and Sociology. 2010; 9(2):38–55.
- Anderzhanova ZA. Engaging in volunteer activity of children in orphanages as a factor in their socialization. Social Policy and Sociology. 2010; 3(57):203–10.
- Osokina LM. Sign language as a foreign language. B 1. M; 2011.
- Osokina LM. Professional-personal qualities of the deaf sign language interpreter. Lecture series. M; 2004. p. 65.
- Gorlova NI, Starovojtova LI, Troska ZA, Tyapkina TY. Model of stress resistance formation in volunteers through participation in the”Sochi” Project. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(14):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.