Total views : 382
Thermal Analysis of Ceramic Conventional Ball Bearings
Objective: To analyze the heat transfer in a ceramic conventional ball bearing and to study the heat dissipation, temperature profile, deformation and thermal stresses occurring in a bearing as a function of rotational speed. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The Finite Element Method (FEM) was used to analyze the heat flow and other parameters in a bearing. Modeling of the system was done using SOLIDWORKS. The analysis was done to study the heat dissipation in the bearing. The model was imported in ANSYS by giving all the parameters. The temperature profile in the bearing was obtained by changing the properties. Structural analysis was performed and the deformation of the bearing at various points were calculated. Findings: It was observed that the temperature of the bearing increases with increase in the heat generation. The effects of temperature for different bearing speeds have been studied and it has been found that the rotational speeds have predominant effect on the temperature. The temperature of the bearing increases with the increase in speed. The maximum temperature is a function of heat generation. With the increase of the rotational speed the displacement increases which causes deformation and stresses. The rotational speed also has more effect on the stiffness. Application/Improvements: Bearing is used to support the shaft. As an improvement the vibration characteristics can be analyzed and simulated.
Ball Bearing, Deformation, Finite Element Method (FEM), Temperature Distribution, Thermal Analysis.
- Anbazhagan AMS, Anand MD. Design and crack analysis of pressure vessel saddles using finite element method. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(21):1–12.
- Krishnamani S, Mohanraj T. Thermal analysis of ceramic coated aluminum alloy piston using finite element method. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(22):1–5.
- Alfares MA, Abdallah, Elsharkawy A. Effects of axial preloading of angular contact ball bearings on the dynamics of a grinding machine spindle system. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2003; 136:48–59.
- Jedrzejewski J, Kwasny W. Modeling of angular contact ball bearings and axial displacements for high-speed spindles. Manufacturing Technology. 2010; 59:377–82.
- Bao-min W, Xue-Song M, Chi-bing H. Effect of inner ring centrifugal displacement on the dynamic characteristics of high-speed angular contact ball bearing. International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation; 2010.
- Gao J, Zhang R. Contact simulation of thrust ball bearing based on ANSYS. Advanced Materials Research. 2010; 154–155:1629–33.
- Jin C, Wu B, Hu Y. Heat generation modelling of ball bearing based on internal load distribution. Tribology International. 2011.
- Guo B, Han YQ, Lei WJ. Finite element analysis of hybrid ceramic ball bearing contact. Key Engineering Materials. 2011; 474–476:2064–70.
- Wang C, Yul W, Ren C. An accurate method for calculating the contact subsurface stress field of hybrid ceramic ball bearing. Solid State Phenomena. 2011; 175:215–18
- Yu DM, Shangb CP, Wang D, Gao ZH. Bearing loads study for high-speed motorized spindle. Key Engineering Materials. 2011; 480–481:1511–15.
- Yin B, Xia X. Key technology of contact problem of deep groove ball bearing based on ANSYS. Advanced Materials Research. 2011; 230–232:1067–71.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.