Total views : 204
Productivity Improvement through Automated Loading of Brake Plates into Conveyor System in an Automobile Industry
Objectives: The objective of this work is to implement a low cost automation technique in an auto ancillary plant for enhancing the quality and productivity by reducing time and cost. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Industries around the globe are keen to implement automation so as to reduce human effort and error. The present study focus on eliminating the existing drawbacks on loading of brake plates into the conveyor system for washing purpose in an automotive ancillary unit. A conceptual model was created using drafting tools and its working is validated using analysis software. Findings: The implementation of this low cost automation system would facilitate the management to reduce manual involvement in material handling, reduction of accidents and also in improving the safety of the workers. Improvements: This technique would also serve to be the most effective and efficient method for handling the machined parts thereby improving the product quality and total productivity of the organization.
Auto Ancillary, Brake Plates, FEM, Low Cost Automation, Manual Loading
- Groover MP. Automation, production systems, and computer. Integrated Manufacturing. 3rd ed. Prentice-Hall; 2008. p. 15–8.
- Tamizharasi G, Kathiresan S, Balaji D, Jegathiesan S. Low cost automation in a power press. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(32):1–5.
- Choe P, Tew JD, Tong S. Effect of cognitive automation in a material handling system on manufacturing flexibility. International Journal of Production Economics. 2015; 170(Part C):543–52.
- Onnasch L. Crossing the boundaries of automation function allocation and reliability. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies. 2015; 76:12–21.
- Shi JJ, Guo W, Zhao A. An intelligent automation system of yeast fermentation industry. International Conference on Control, Automation and Robotics. Singapore: IEEE Publishers; 2015 May 20-22. p. 182–5.
- Trybus B, Wietecha M. Low-cost multifunction controller prototype for sawmill wood processing. Proceedings of Challenges in Automation, Robotics and Measurement Techniques; Warsaw, Poland. 2016 Mar 2-4.
- Sasiadek JZ, Wang Q. Low cost automation using INS/ GPS data fusion for accurate positioning. Robotica. 2003; 21(3):255–60.
- Patil S, Patil A, Gunjawate P, Rakate G. Low cost automation for manufacturing of conveyor chain bushes. IOSR Journal of Engineering. 2013; 3(12):1–6.
- Mohd EN, Ishak AS. Thermodynamic study of corrosion inhibition of mild steel in corrosive medium by piper Nigrum extract. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(17):1–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.