Total views : 240
Simulation of 32-Point Split-Radix Multipath Delay Commutator (SRMDC) based FFT Architecture
Background: Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) processor is the important method in Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) communication systems. Split-Radix Fast Fourier Transform (SRFFT) estimates the least number of multiplications compared to other FFT algorithm; hence SRFFT is the best for the implementation of low power FFT processor. Methods: In this paper, the proposed “pipelined 32-point Split-Radix Multi-path Delay Commutator (SFMDC) FFT” architecture is designed. The MDC architecture has advantages in reducing the low chip area and lower power consumption. The SR-FFT algorithm has changing the numbers of butterfly elements in successive stages. The 32-point SR-MDC FFT architecture is to determine the frequency transformation techniques. The Split-Radix FFT algorithm is based on radix-2 and radix-4 algorithm and it is related to mixed radix FFT. Findings: The performance evaluation of proposed architecture is determined through VLSI System. Less area, low power consumption and high speed are the main parameters in this design. The proposed structure provides high throughput rate and low hardware complexity. Improvements: The goal of this proposed work is to reduce the slices and LUTs and power consumption and also to enhance the performances of the FFT processor than the existing method. The proposed method has been evaluated by using ModelSim 6.3C and synthesis results has been validated by using Xilinx Plan ahead 12.4.
Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), Multipath Delay Commutator (MDC), Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM), Split-Radix Fast Fourier Transform (SRFFT), Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI).
- Mark AR. On hardware implementation of the Split-Radix FFT. IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing.1998; 36(10):1575–81.
- Takahashi D. An extended Split-Radix FFT algorithm. IEEE Signal Processing Letters. 2001; 8(5):145–7.
- Bu-Ching L, et al. Expandable MDC-based FFT architecture and its generator for high-performance applications. 2010 IEEE International SOC Conference (SOCC); Las Vegas, NV. 2010. p. 188–92.
- Kim G, Shin SK, Sunwoo MH. New parallel MDC FFT processor with efficient scheduling scheme. 2014 IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on Circuits and Systems (APCCAS); Ishigaki. 2014. p. 667–70.
- Zhuo Q, et al. FPGA implementation of low-power Split-Radix FFT processors. 2014 24th International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL); USA. 2014. p. 1–2.
- Jesus G, Michell JA, Buron AM. VLSI configurable delay commutator for a pipeline Split-Radix FFT architecture. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 1999; 47(11):3098–107.
- Duhamel P. Split-Radix FFT algorithm. Electronic letters. 1986; 34(2):285–95.
- Wen-Chang Y, Jen CW. High-speed and low-power Split-Radix FFT. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. 2003; 51(3):864–74.
- Malathy K. Justus Rabi B. A novel VLSI based Radix-2 Single Path Delay Commutator (R2SDC) FFT architecture design. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(11).
- Kalaivani D, Karthikeyen S. VLSI implementation of area-efficient and low power OFDM transmitter and receiver. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(18).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.