Total views : 241
Reactive Power Constrained Locational Marginal Pricing using Loss Distribution Matrix
Objective: The objective of this paper is to obtain LMP with constrained reactive power by using optimal power flows. Methods: Loss distribution matrix method has been used to obtain loss distribution matrix. In this paper, by constraining reactive power to Matrix Loss Distribution methodology we obtain LMP. The benefit of Matrix Loss Distribution is illustrated through the case study IEEE 14 bus system and a numerical example on 5 Bus system has been discussed in detail. Findings: Matrix Loss Distribution method developed by V. Sarkar has been modified in this paper by considering reactive power.
Fictitious Nodal Demand (FND), Locational Marginal Pricing (LMP), Loss Distribution Matrix (LDM), Vector Loss Distribution (VLD).
- Rourke SBE. Locational Marginal Pricing of electricity. 2003. p. 1–126.
- Sarkar V, Khaparde SA. Reactive power constrained OPF scheduling with 2-D Locational Marginal Pricing. IEEE Trans on Power Systems. 2013 Feb: 28(1):501–12.
- Sarkar V, Khaparde SA. DCOPF-based marginal loss pricing with enhanced power flow accuracy by using Matrix Loss Distribution. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 2009 Aug; 24(3):1435–45.
- Rui B. Congestion and price prediction in Locational Marginal Pricing Markets considering load variation and uncertainty. Rui Bo University of Tennessee – Knoxville. 2009. p. 1–285. Available from: email@example.com
- Wu T, Alaywan Z, Papalexopoulos AD. Locational Marginal Price calculations using the distributed-slack power-flow formulation. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 2005 May; 20(2):1188–90.
- Wang Q, Zhang G, McCalley D, Zheng T, Litvinov E. Risk-based Locational Marginal Pricing and Congestion Management. IEEE Trans on Power Systems. 2014 Sep; 29(5):2518–28.
- Zhong J, Bhattacharya K. Reactive power management in deregulated electricity markets - A review. IEEE Trans Power System. 2002; 2:1287–92.
- Finney JD, Othman HA, Rutz WL. Evaluating transmission congestion constraints in system planning. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 1997 Aug; 12(3):1143–50.
- Cheng X, Overbye TJ. An energy reference bus independent LMP decomposition algorithm. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 2006 Aug; 21(3):1041–9.
- Xie K, Song YH, Stonham J, Yu E, Liu G. Decomposition model and interior point methods for optimal spot pricing of electricity in deregulation environments. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 2000 Feb; 15(1):39–50.
- Dai Y, Ni YX, Shen CM, Wen FS, Han ZX, Wu FF. A study of reactive power marginal price in electricity market. Elect Power Syst Res. 2001 Jan; 57(1):41–8.12. Li F, Bo R. DCOPF-based LMP simulation: Algorithm, comparison with ACOPF and sensitivity. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 207 Nov; 22(4):1475–85.
- Reasons for restructuring/deregulation of power industry – NPTEL. 2012. Available from: http://www.nptel.ac.in/ courses/108101005/1
- Fundamentals of Locational Marginal Pricing - NPTEL: Electrical. 2012. Available from: http://www.nptel.ac.in/ courses/108101005/28
- Bharatwaj NV, Abhyankar AR, Bijwe PR. Improved loss distribution and modeling in DCOPF. Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2013; 53:416–25.
- Fuller JDD. Nodal, uniform or zonal pricing: Distribution of economic surplus. IEEE Trans Power Syst. 2005 May; 20(2):875–82.
- Cain MB, O’Neill RP, Castillo A. History of optimal power flow and formulations. History of Optimal Power Flow and Formulations. 2012. p. 1–18.
- Li F. Continuous Locational Marginal Pricing (CLMP). IEEE Trans on Power Systems. 2007 Nov; 22(4):1638–46.
- Rajalakshmi L, Suganyadevi MV, Parameswari S. Congestion management in deregulated power systemby locating series FACTS Devices. International Journal of Computer Applications.2011 Jan; 13(8):19–22.
- Rui B. Marginal loss pricing - 101 Hand calculation Ph.d. SMIEEE. 2012. Available from: https://sites.google.com/ site/eeruibo/
- Balaraman S, Kamaraja N. Transmission congestion management using Particle swarm optimization. Journal of Electrical Systems. 2011; 7(1):54–70.
- Gokul CHM, Sarada K. AC optimal power flow calculation for Locational Marginal Pricing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17):1–6.
- Jamalmanesh A, Javadi MS, Azami R. Incidence matrixbased security constraint unit commitment considering line and unit contingencies, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Jan; 5(2):1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.