Total views : 293
A Study on the Characteristics of Patients Deceased at Convalescent Hospitals
Background/Objectives: This study seeks to provide a basic set of data for developing welfare policies for the elderly population. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A total of 1,537 deceased patients among admitted patients in convalescent hospitals in Daejeon, Chungnam, Chungbuk and Sejong were selected as study subjects. For analysis, the statistics program R was used. A total of 1,537 deceased patients among admitted patients in convalescent hospitals in Daejeo, Chungnam, Chungbuk and Sejong were selected as study subjects. Findings: In terms of main diagnosis, Pneumonia, organism unspecified (J18) was ranked the highest, followed by Dementia in Alzheimer's disease (F00) and Malignant neoplasm of bronchus and lung (C34) but when looked at by gender, there was a difference in the ranking. This difference was also statistically significant. This study sought to analyze the general characteristics, admission characteristics, characteristics of the treatment department, main diagnosis, and the average length of hospital stay and treatment cost and to identify the significance behind these categories. Improvements: The findings of these studies are expected to provide a more realistic and meaningful set of data.
Convalescent Hospitals, Characteristic of Patient, Main Diagnosis, Patients Deceased.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs. National Census Statistics. 2015 Aug.
- Kim MS. Thanatonic perspective on good death. The Journal of Humanities Studies. 2015 Sep; 100:103–22.
- Jung GH. Family life of baby boomers and the prospect for later life. Forum for Health and Welfare. 2012.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Current Status on Welfare Facilities for the Elderly. 2014.
- Ciro CA, Ottenbacher KJ, Graham JE. Fisher S, Berges I, Ostir GV. Patterns and correlates of depression in hospitalized older adults. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2012 Jan; 54(1):202–5.
- Hwang H-J, Kim K-H. Yearly progress of died patients using medical recorded information. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S7):643–9.
- Kim KH, Kim YH, Han ST, Kang HC. A study on the characteristics of main diagnoses of died patients. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S8):52–7
- Global Health Observatory Data. World Health Organization. 2014.
- Yu JJ. Thanatology for the improvement of the quality of life and death’ forum. Seoul: Korea Thanatology Association; 2014.
- Kim MS. Than atonic perspective good death. Journal of Religion and Health. 2015.
- Samsung Life Insurance Retirement Research Center. Preparation for Retirement. 2012 Mar.
- Kim MS. Philosophical studies on cognition and attitude of Koreans towards death, studies in Confucianism. The Journal of Confucianism Research Institute. 2010 Aug; 22:73–108.
- Moon EY, Kang HY. A study on living conditions and policies of senior single women households in Seoul. Seoul Foundation of Women and Family. 2014 Jul.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.