Total views : 305
A Study on the Size of Bore on Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Background/Objectives: An objective of this study is to analyze the size of bore on signal to noise ratio in magnetic resonance imaging. Methods/Statistical Analysis: During this process, the magnetic field also shows irregularity due to the environmental factors. Therefore in this study, magnetic field non-uniformity according to the bore size of MRI will be examined as well as the influence on the image through SNR measurement. Findings: Avanto with bigger bore size has shown higher SNR value, and especially, it has shown 6 times or greater difference in TSE(Turbo Spin Echo) technique. Improvements: It would be imperative to conduct a test with a small bore size and a uniform magnet when the MRI test failure rate is high due to claustrophobia.
Bore size, Claustrophobia, Magnetic field, Magnetic Resonance Image (MRI), Pulse sequence, Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR).
- Peter A, Timothy E. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 3rd Edition. Blackwell Science Ltd, 1993 .
- Mitchell, Donald G, Cohen, Mark . MRI Principles. Elsevier Science Health Science div. 5th Edition. 2007.
- Jahng G-H, LiK-L, Ostergaard L, Fernando Calamante F. Perfusion Magnetic Resonanace Imaging Korean J l. 2014 Sep-Oct; 15(5):554–77.
- Bachmann R, Reilmann R, Schwindt W, Kugel H, Heindel W, Kramer S. FLAIR imaging for multiple sclerosis: a comparative MR study at 1.5 and 3.0T. Eur Radiol.2006 Apr, 16(4):915–21.
- Schindera ST, Merkle EM, Dale BM, DeLong DM, Nelson RC . Abdominal magnetic resonance imaging at 3.0T: what is the ultimate gain in signal-to-noise ratio. Acad Radiol. 2006 Oct; 13(10):1236–43.
- Huh Y-M, Jun Y-W, Song H-T, Kim S, Choi J-S, Lee J-H, Yoon S, Kim K-S, Jeon-Soo Shin J-S, Suh J-S, Cheon J. In Vivo Magnetic Resonance Detection of Cancer by using Multifunctional Magnetic Nanocrystals. J Am Chem Soc. 2005; 127 (35):12387–91.
- of patients during MRI Examination Korea Safety Management and Science. 2015; 17(4 ):231–40.
- Patton J. MR imaging instrumentation and image artifacts. Radiographics. 1994 Sep; 14(5):1083–96.
- Sobol WT. Recent Advance trends in MRI technology. Saudi j ophthalmol. 2012 Oct; 26(4):393–9 .
- Madhulika B, Abhay B, Divakar Y, Priya G. A Proposed Stratification Approach for MRI Images. Indian Jounal of Science and technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22):1–10.
- Neha B, Hardik M. Comparative study of different methods for brain tumor extraction from MRI images using image procession. Indian Jounal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan ; 9(4):1–5.
- Jeon BK, Yeo JD. Effects of Music Therapy on the Anxiety of Patients who Take the Magnetic Resonance Imaging(MRI) Test. 2011 Jun; 11(6):1–5.
- Gutberlet M, Noeske R, Schwinge K, Freyhardt P, Felix R, Niendorf TF. comprehensive cardiac magnetic resonance imaging at 3.0T– feasibility and implications for clinical applications. Invest Radiol. 2006 Feb; 41(2):154–67.
- YH Park. A study on the influence of main magnetic field inhomogeneity on signal to noise ratio(SNR) in magnetic resonance imaging(MRI). Korean university, 2011
- Deniz E, Erik G, Rui Y, Jose C, Jeffrey R. Measuring the signal- to-noise ratio in magnetic resonance imaging: a caveat. Signal Processing. 2004 Jun; 84(6):1035–40.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.