Total views : 203
Improved Cooperative Bait Detection Method using Multiple Disjoint Path Technique
The important aim of this research is to present the bait detection method for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks (MANETs) with goal of security and routing performance improvement. Methods/Statistical analysis: The proposed method is based on recently presented technique known as CBDS (Cooperative Bait Detection Scheme) which have been introduced for defending against different types of attacks in MANET. The practical analysis of CBDS method is conferred that performance of end to end delay and packet delivery ratio is poor in presence of attacks in network. Therefore, in this paper, improved CBDS (ICBDS) method is proposed with goal improving end to end delay and PDR performances. Findings: The simulation and practical analysis of the proposed ICBDS method is done using NS2 tool by considering the different network scenarios and attacks. The results of proposed work against existing CBDS methods claim that the performance of end to end delay and PDR is improved for any numbers of attackers in network. ICBDS technique overcomes the limitations of existing CBDS technique while preserving the MANET security as it is using disjoint path method. The performance of end to end delay is minimized by approximately 22 % whereas PDR performance is increased by 17 % approximately. Application/ Improvements: The application area for this proposed method is local banking operations, military application etc. The possible improvement to ICBDS technique will be the consideration of all types of MANET attacks.
Attacks, Bait Detection, CBDS, Disjoint Path, MANET Security.
- Elhadi M, Shakshuki S, Kang N, Tarek R, Sheltami S. EAACK- A secure intrusion-detection system for MANETs. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2013; 60(3):1089–98.
- Liu K, Deng J, Varshney PK, Balakrishnan K. An acknowledgment-based approach for the detection of routing misbehaviour in MANETs. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2007; 6(5):536–50.
- Marti S, Giuli TJ, Lai K, Baker M. Mitigating routing misbehaviour in mobile adhoc networks. Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, Boston, MA; 2000. p. 255–65.
- Sheltami T, Al-Roubaiey A, Shakshuki E, Mahmoud A. Video transmission enhancement in presence of misbehaving nodes in MANETs. Multimedia Systems. 2009; 15(5):273–82 .
- Liu K, Pramod D, Varshney K, Balakrishnan K. An acknowledgement based approach for the detection of routing misbehavior in MANETs. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2007; 6(5):536–50 .
- Xue Y, Nahrstedt K. Providing fault-tolerant ad hoc routing service in adversarial environments. Wireless Personal Communications. 2004; 29:367–88.
- Baadache A, Belmehdi A. Avoiding blackhole and cooperative blackhole attacks in wireless adhoc networks. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security. 2010; 7(1):1–5.
- Marti S, Giuli TJ, Lai K, Baker M. Mitigating routing misbehaviour in mobile adhoc networks. Proceedings of the 6th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, USA; 2000. p. 255–65.
- Vishnu K, Paul J. Detection and removal of cooperative black/gray hole attack in mobile ad hoc networks. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010; 1(22):28–32 .
- Kozma W, Lazos L. REAct: Resource-Efficient Accountability for node misbehavior in adhoc networks based on random audits. WiSec '09 Proceedings of the second ACM conference on Wireless network security; 2009. p. 103–10.
- Wang W, Bhargava B, Linderman M . Defending against collaborative packet drop attacks on MANETs. Proceedings 28th IEEE International Symposium Reliable Distributed System. New Delhi, India; 2009 Sep. p. 1–6.
- Chang JM. Defending against collaborative attacks by malicious nodes in MANETs: A cooperative bait detection approach. Systems Journal. 2014; 9(1):65–75.
- Jabamani SS, Rajinikanth E. Integrity key based mechanism to debase packet dropping in MANETS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(14). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i14/90204.
- Rajendiran M, Srivatsa SK. Route efficient on demand multicast routing protocol with stability link for MANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Jun; 5(6). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2012/v5i6/30477.
- Sahoo AJ, Akhtar MAK. Possibility and necessity measures to enhance reliability and cooperation in MANETS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(3). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2014/v7i3/47650.
- Sumathi A, Sundaram BV. An ANN approach in ensuring CIA triangle using an energy based secured protocol E-AODV for enhancing the performance in MANETS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(34). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i34/85243.
- Rao M, Singh N. Performance evaluation of AODV nth BR routing protocol under varying node density and node mobility for MANETs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i17/70445.
- Bai PTK, Sundararajan M. Performance efficiency of OLSR and AODV protocols in MANETS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i14/73048.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.