Total views : 182
A Study on Influence of Process Parameters on Tool Wear of PVD Coated Cutting Tools in Orthogonal Machining of Al6351: A Finite Element Analysis
Objectives: In this effort, Finite Element Methods (FEM) were applied to judge the impact of various cutting factors on the machining of Aluminum alloy Al6351 by using diverse inserts. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Stress variations on the tool inserts were examined by the FEA using ANSYS. Finite Element Study stood incorporated in learning of power in variety of coatings and uncoated cutting insert on manufacturing of Al 6351. Various coatings like TiN, TiC, Al2O3 and uncoated tungsten carbide inserts were used in this learn. The happening and allotment of various stress in the cutting insert were premeditated and related for uncoated and various coatings. Findings: The stress on the cutting tool rise with feed. Though an effective force in machining was nearly similar observed in overall experiments, cutting insert stress stood prejudiced with respect to feed force and machining force and without the passive force importance on metal cutting in aluminum alloy. Application/Improvements: Investigating the stress distribution in tool inserts and microscopic images depicting the tool wear and the type of wear.
Finite Element Analysis, Orthogonal Machining, PVD Coated Cutting Tools
- Sugihara T, Nishimoto Y, Enomoto T. On-machine tool resharpening process for dry machining of aluminum alloys employing LME phenomenon Precision Engineering. 2015; 40: 241–48.
- Khettabi R, Fatmi L, Masounave J, Songmene V. On the micro- and nanoparticle emission during machining of tita¬nium and aluminum alloys CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology 2013; 6(3): 175–180.
- Rotella G, Umbrello D. Numerical simulation of surface modification in dry and cryogenic machining of AA7075 alloy. Procedia CIRP. 2014; 13: 327–32.
- Hu J, Chou Y K, Thompson R G. Nanocrystalline dia¬mond coating tools for machining high-strength Al alloys. International Journal of Refractory Metals and Hard Materials. 2008; 26(3): 135–144.
- Yigit M, Arısoy A, Guo C, Kaftanoglu B, Ozel T. Investigations on microstructural changes in machining of Inconel100 alloy using face turning experiments and 3D finite element simulations. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. 2016; 107: 80–92.
- Zhou L, Wang Y , Ma Z Y ,Yu X L Finite element and exper¬imental studies of the formation mechanism of edge defects during machining of SiCp/Al composites. International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture. 2014; 84: 9–16.
- Kamble Vijay A, Gore P N. Use of FEM and Photo Elasticity for Shape Optimization of S Type Load Cell. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Mar; 5(3). DOI No: 10.17485/ijst/2012/v5i3/30395
- Seshadri R, Naveen I, Srinivasan S, Viswasubrahmanyam M, Vijay Sekar K S, Kumar P M. Finite Element Simulation of the Orthogonal Machining process with Al 2024 T351 Aerospace Alloy. Procedia Engineering. 2013; 64: 1454–63.
- Styger G, Rudolph F, Laubscher L, Gert A, Oosthuizen O. Effect of constitutive modeling during finite element analy¬sis of machining-induced residual stresses in Ti6Al4V. Procedia CIRP. 2014; 13: 294–301.
- Ducobu F, Arrazola P J, Riviere-Lorphevre E, Filippi E. Finite element prediction of the tool wear influence in Ti6Al4V machining. Procedia CIRP. 2015; 31: 124–29.
- Saoubi R M, Ruppi S. Wear and thermal behaviour of CVD a-Al2O3 and MTCVD Ti(C, N) coatings during machin¬ing. CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology. 2009. 58(1): 57–60.
- Senthil Anbazhagan A M, Dev Anand M. FEM with Analytical Approach based Wind and Seismic Design Recommendations for Vertical Tall Process Column. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(13). DOI No: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i13/90554
- Kose E, Kurt A, Seker U. The effects of the feed rate on the cutting tool stresses in machining of Inconel 718. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2008; 196(1-3): 165–173.
- Shobana K H. Mohan D. Metal Ion Removal from the Aqueous Feed Using PVDF/PS Blend Ultrafiltration Membranes. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 June; 3(6). DOI NO: 10.17485/ijst/2010/ v3i6/29778
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.