Total views : 431
Design and Analysis of Second Order Passive Filters for Grid Connected Inverter with Series and Parallel Damping Resistors
Background/Objectives: Grid connected inverters are widely used to integrate renewable sources into the grid. The suitable power quality is required which can be either achieved using active or passive filters. This paper focuses on second order passive filters such as inductor capacitor (LC) and LC inductor (LCL) which can be used to attenuate harmonics for grid connect inverters. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To overcome the resonance of LCL filters passive damping6-8 or active damping can be used. Active power filters are more expensive because of sensors and control systems additional cost. Passive damping strategies due to simple circuit and low cost are more favored. A LCL filter equipped with series or parallel resistor with a capacitor forms a LCL filter with damped resistor Addition of resistor to filter circuit will cause an increase in power losses. The peak resonance of LCL filter depends upon the value of resistor so select a value of resistor which decline peak resonance of filter. Findings: At resonance frequency they have some issues related to stability. LCL filter can be equipped with damping resistor but there are some power loss and introduction of voltage, current harmonic. Mathematical characteristics of passive filters such as LC, LCL, LCL with series resistor and LCL with parallel resistors are discussed in terms of effectiveness and stability in this paper. Application/Improvements: It is very useful for industrial application and power electronic converter.
Capacitor (C), Grid Voltage (Ug), Inductor (L), Inverter Voltage (UInv).
- Mufti GM, Jamil M, Waqas A, Ali MU. Two level voltage source grid connected inverter for solar photovoltaic system. International Journal of Control and Automation. 2015; 8(10):391–8.
- Jamil M, Arshad R, Rashid U, Gillani SO, Ayaz Y, Khan MN. Robust repetitive current control of two level utility connected converter using LCL filter. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. 2015; 40(9):2653–70.
- Khawaja SS, Jamil M, Awais Q, Asgher O, Ayaz Y. Analysis of classical controller by variation of inner loop and controller gain for two-level grid connected converter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(20):1–12.
- Tang Y, PLoh P, Wang P, Choo F, Gao F. Exploring inherent damping characteristic of LCL-filters for three-phase grid-connected voltage source inverters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2012; 27(3):1433–43.
- Dannehl R, Liserre M, Fuchs F. Filter based active damping of voltage source converters with LCL filter. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2011; 8(8):3623–33.
- Turner R, Walton S, Duke R. Stability and bandwidth implications of digitally controlled grid connected parallel inverters. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2010; 57(11):3685–94.
- Rockhill AA, Liserre V, Teodorescu R, Rodriguez R. Grid-filter design for a multimegawatt medium-voltage voltage-source inverter. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2011; 58(4):1205–17.
- Hannegowda P, John V. Filter optimization for grid interactive voltage source inverters. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2010; 57(12):4106–14.
- Hojabri M, Toudeshki A. Power quality consideration for off-grid renewable energy systems. Energy and Power Engineering. 2013; 5(5):377–83. DOI: 10.4236/epe.
- Antunes FLM, Araujo SV. LCL filter design for grid-connected npc inverters in offshore wind turbines. The 7th International Conference in Power Electronics; Daegu, Korea. 2007; p. 1133–8.
- Kojabadi H. A novel DSP-based current controlled PWM strategy for single phase grid connected inverters. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2006; 21(4):985–93.
- Kim H, Sul SK. A novel filter design for output LC filters of PWM inverters. Journal of Power Electronics. 2007; 11(1):74–81.
- Ahmed KH. Passive filter design for three phase inverter interfacing in distributed generation. Electric Power Quality and Utilization. 2007; 8(2):49–58.
- Renzhong X, Lie X, Junjun Z, Jie D. Design and research on the LCL filter in three-phase PV grid-connected inverters. International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering. 2013; 5(3):322–5.
- Wang TCY, Ye Z, Sinha G, Yuan X. Output filter design for a grid interconnected three-phase inverter. 2003 IEEE 34th Annual Power Electronics Specialist Conference, PESC '03; 2003. p. 779–84.
- Hojabri M., Hojabri M, Toudeshki A. Passive damping filter design and application for three-phase PV grid-connected inverter. International Conference on Technological Advances in Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (ICTAEECE); 2015. p. 17–23.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.