Total views : 356
Design and Development of Experimental Hardware in Loop Model for the Study of Vibration Induced in Tall Structure with Active Control
Background/Objectives: This paper focuses on the active control of vibration in tall structure prone to high winds and earthquakes using the active mass dampers. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The prototype model was fabricated to measure the response of external forces and control methods have been implemented to minimize the damping. Modeling of servomotor and tall structure was studied theoretically and experimentally in view of controlling the angular velocity and position of the servomotor while displacement for the tall structure. Findings: PID controller was implemented on the structure for effective damping of the vibration which was easy in computation and cost effective. Application/Improvements: The proposed study is very useful for practical implementations in small scale industries.
Active Control, Active Mass Dampers, Structure Vibration.
- Ali MM, Moon KS. Structural Developments in Tall Buildings: Current Trends and Future Prospects. Architectural Science Review. 2007; 50(3):205–23.
- Seto K. Large Scale Structures and Their Vibration Problems. Journal of System Design and Dynamics. 2007; 1(2):105–19.
- Yoshida O, Dyke S. Seismic control of a nonlinear benchmark building using smart dampers. Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 2004;130(4):386–92.
- Aldawod M et al. Active control of along wind response of tall building using a fuzzy controller. Engineering Structures. 2001; 23(11):1512–22.
- Pourzeynali S, Lavasani HH, Modarayi AH. Active control of high rise building structures using fuzzy logic and genetic algorithms. Engineering Structures. 2007; 29(3):346–57.
- Safak E. Adaptive Modeling, Identification, and control of dynamic structural Systems. I: Theory. Journal of Engineering Mechanics. 1989; 115(11):2386–405.
- Kwok KCS, Samali B. Performance of tuned mass dampers under wind loads. Engineering Structures. 1995; 17(9):655–67.
- Ricciardelli F, Pizzimenti AD, Mattei M. Passive and active mass damper control of the response of tall buildings to wind gustiness. Engineering Structures. 2003; 25(9):1199– 209.
- Lei Y, Wu D-T, Lin S-Z. Integration of decentralized structural control and the identification of unknown inputs for tall shear building models under unknown earthquake excitation. Engineering Structures. 2013; 52(9):306–16.
- Love JS, Tait MJ, Toopchi-Nezhad H. A hybrid structural control system using a tuned liquid damper to reduce the wind induced motion of a base isolated structure. Engineering Structures. 2011; 33(3):738–46.
- Bahar A. Hierarchical semi-active control of base-isolated structures using a new inverse model of magnetorheological dampers. Computers and Structures. 2010; 88(7-8):483–96.
- Guclu R. Sliding mode and PID control of a structural system against earthquake. Mathematical and Computer Modelling. 2006; 44(1-2):210–7.
- Jamil M, Sharkh SM, Nasir M, Javid, Nagendra. Active control of vibrations of a tall structure excited by external forces. 6th International Bhurban Conference on Applied Sciences and Technology (IBCAST), Islamabad, Pakistan. 2009 Jan. p. 05–08.
- Jamil M. Modelling and Identification for Active Control of Tall Structure Excited By External Forces. Proceeding of 13th IEEE/IFAC Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics, Poland. 2007 Mar. p. 1–5.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.