Total views : 99
A Study on Dynamic Address based Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Objective: To present the operational features and to make a comparative study of four major dynamic addresses based routing protocols of mobile ad hoc networks. Further, we discuss the strengths and challenges in dynamic address rout - ing protocol designs. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this paper, we have used packet forward strategy to compare four routing protocols and we have also discussed the operational features of dynamic based routing protocols through their network architecture. Findings: Dynamic addressing scheme has been proposed which uses the routing address instead of the node address for selecting the routes in the network. In this scheme, mobile nodes having dynamic routing address is done i.e., its change with movement of the node to reflect the node’s position in the network topology. Application/ Improvements: This study provides new challenges and future research directions to enhance the scalability of MANET using dynamic address based routing protocol.
Dynamic Address, Distributed Hash Table, Packet Forwarding Strategy, Scalability
- Pei G, Gerla M, Hong SX. Lanmar: Landmark routing for large scale wireless ad hoc networks with group mobility.ACM MobiHOC’00; USA. 2000 Nov. p. 11–8.
- Ramanathan R, Steenstrup M. Hierarchically-organized, mul - tihop mobile wireless networks for quality-of-service support. Mobile Networks and Applications. 1998 Jun; 3(1):101–19.
- Pei G, Gerla M, Hong X, Chiang CC-C. A wireless hier - archical routing protocol with group mobility. Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, WCNC; 1999 Sep. p. 1538–42.
- Royer B. Multi-level hierarchies for scalable ad hoc routing. Wireless Networks. 2003 Sep; 9(5):461–78.
- Abid SA, Othman M, Shah N, Ali M, Khan AR. 3D-RP: A DHT-based routing protocol for MANETs. Computer Journal. 2014; 58(2):1–29.
- Awad AR, Dressler DG. Exploiting virtual coordinates for improved routing performance in sensor networks.IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2011 Nov; 10(9):1214–26.
- Boukerche A, Turgut B, Aydin N, Ahmad A, Boloni B, Turgut D. Routing protocols in ad hoc networks: A survey. Computer Networks. 2011 May; 55(13):3032–80.
- Devipriya D, Devi BRS, Thenkumari K. Efficiency improve - ment in wireless sensor networks using ABC algorithm for cluster-based packet forwarding. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(30):1–6.
- Vijayan K, Raaza A. A novel cluster arrangement energy effi - cient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1–9.
- Sirisha G, Babu RB, Rao KR. Establishing path quality man - agement in wireless sensor networks through cluster head determination. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2016 Feb; 9(5):1–9.
- Thenmozhi E, Audithan S. Energy efficient cluster head selec - tion and data convening in wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(15):1–6.
- Eriksson J, Faloutsos M, Krishnamurthy SV. Scalable ad hoc routing: The case for dynamic addressing INFOCOM.23rd Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies; USA. 2004 Mar. p. 1108–19.
- Ibrar M, Ahmad M, Umar M, Habib M, Iqbal M. Stability analysis of DHT based multi-path routing protocol under group-based mobility models and entity-based mobil - ity models in mobile ad-hoc networks. IEEE Conference Information Technology, Networking, Electronic and Automation Control; 2016 May.
- Jung M, Kim DY, Kim S. Efficient remote software man - agement method based on dynamic address translation for IoT software execution platform in wireless sensor net - work. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jun; 9(24):1–7.
- Eriksson J, Faloutsos M, Krishnamurthy S. DART: Dynamic address routing for scalable ad hoc and mesh networks. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. 2007 Feb; 15 (1):119–3.
- Caleffi M, Ferraiuolo G, Paura L. Augmented tree based routing protocol for scalable ad hoc networks. MHWMN ‘07: Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Heterogeneous Multi-Hop Wireless and Mobile Networks; Italy. 2007 Nov. p. 1–6.
- Caleffi M, Paura L. Opportunistic routing for disruption tolerant networks. AINA09: The IEEE 23rd International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications; 2009 May. p. 826–31.
- Caleffi M, Paura L. M-DART: Multi-path dynamic address routing wireless communication and mobile. Computing.2011 Jul; 11(3):392–409.
- Eriksson J, Faloutsos M, Krishnamurthy S. Book chapter: Routing scalability in MANETs handbook on theoreti - cal and algorithmic aspects of sensor, ad hoc wireless, and peer-to-peer networks. Auerbach Publications; 2006.
- Couto DSJD, Aguayo A, Bicket J, Morris R. A high through - put path metric for multi-hop wireless routing, Wireless Networks. 2005 Sep; 11(4):419–34.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.