Total views : 339
Analysis and Simulation of Magnetically Coupled Y Shape Impedance Source Inverter
Objectives: Proposed impedance network also has more degrees of freedom for varying its voltage gain, and hence, improving the versatility of the inverter. A switching algorithm is applied to this topology to control the charging time and discharging interval of inverter inductor. Methods/Statistical Analysis: On the basis of the conventional Z-source inverter[ZSI], this paper offer a novel on new type impedance source inverter which only contains one capacitor with tightly coupled three winding transformer, whose obtained voltage gain is presently not matched by existing networks operated at small duty ratio. The inverter can increase the boost factor through adjusting shoot-through duty ratio and varying the number of turns in the three winding transformer. Findings: The proposed impedance network also has more degrees of freedom for varying its voltage gain, and hence, improving the versatility of the inverter. A switching algorithm is applied to this topology to control the charging time and discharging interval of inverter inductor. A simple control strategy is applied to this configuration which is responsible for regulating the transfer power to the maximum amount and also to justify the amount of Total Harmonic Dissortion (THD) in minimum point. The working principle of the proposed Y-Source Inverter has been demonstrated by mathematical analysis in detail. The MATLAB/Simulink Simulation results are conducted to validate the analysis. Application/Improvements: For regulating the transfer power to the maximum amount in PV applications
MATLAB/Simulink, Switching Algorithm, Z-Source Inverter.
- Peng FZ. Z-source inverter. IEEE Transaction on Industry Application. 2003 Mar-Apr; 39(2):504–10.
- Cha H, Peng FZ, Yoo DW. Distributed impedance network (Z network) dc-dc converter. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2010 Nov; 25(11):2722–33.
- Tang Y, Xie S, Zhang C. Z-source ac-ac converters solving commutation problem. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2007 Nov; 22(6):2146–54.
- Fang XP, Qian ZM, Peng FZ. Single-phase Z-source PWM ac-ac converters. IEEE Power Electronics Letter. 2005 Dec; 3(4):121–4.
- Anderson J, Peng FZ. Four quasi-Z-source inverters. Proceeding of IEEE PESC'08; Rhodes, Greece. 2008 Jun. p. 2743–9.
- Loh PC, Gao F, Blaabjerg F. Embedded EZ-source inverters. IEEE Transaction on Industrial Application. 2010 Jan/Feb; 46(1):256–67.
- Zhu M, Yu K, Luo FL. Switched inductor Z-source inverter. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2010 Aug; 25(8):2150–8.
- Nguyen MK, Lim YC, Cho GB. Switched-inductor quasi-Zsource inverter. IEEE Transaction on Power Electronics. 2011 Nov; 26(11):3183–91.
- Zhu M, Li D, Loh PC, Blaabjerg F. Tapped-inductor Z-source inverters with enhanced voltage boost inversion abilities. Proceeding of IEEE International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies; Kandy, Sri Lanka. 2010 Dec. p. 1–6.
- Li D, Gao F, Loh PC, Zhu M, Blaabjerg F. Hybrid-source impedance networks: Layouts and generalized cascading concepts. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2011; 26(7):2028–40.
- Tang Y, Xie S, Zhang C. An improved Z-source inverter. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2011 Dec; 26(12):3865–8.
- Qian W, Peng FZ, Cha H. Trans-Z-source inverters. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2011 Dec; 26(12):3453–63.
- Loh PC, Li D, Blaabjerg F. T-Z-source inverters. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2013 Nov; 28(2):4880–4.
- Bifilar Coil. Available from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifilar_coil
- Siwakoti YP, Loh PC, Blaabjergand GF. Town, Y-source impedance network. Proceeding of APEC 2014; Fort Worth, TX. 2014 Mar. p. 3362–6.
- Prakash G, Subramani C. Modulation and analysis of quasi z-source inverter for solar photovoltaic system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(19):1–7.
- Sivapriyan R, Umashankar S. Comparative analysis of PWM controlling techniques of single phase Z-source inverter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(26):1–5.
- Kamalakkannan S, Kirubakaran D. Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) for a PV powered Z-source inverter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jul; 9(28):1–8.
- Bharatiraja C, Jeevananthan S, Latha SR, Mohan V. Vector selection approach-based hexagonal hysteresis space vector current controller for a three phase diode clamped MLI with capacitor voltage balancing. IET Power Electron. 2016 Jun; 9(7):1350–61.
- Bharatiraja C, Jeevananthan S, Munda JL, Latha R. Improved SVPWM vector selection approaches in OVM region to reduce common-mode voltage for three-level neutral point clamped inverter. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2014 Oct; 79(1):285–97.
- Bharatiraja C, Jeevananthan S, Latha R. FPGA based practical implementation of NPC-MLI with SVPWM for an autonomous operation PV system with capacitor balancing. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2014 Oct; 61(1):489–509.
- Bharatiraja C, Munda JL. Simplified SVPWM for Z source T-NPC-MLI including neutral point balancing. 4th IEEE Symposium on Computer Applications and Industrial Electronics (ISCAIE2016); Malaysiya. 2016.
- Prakash G, Subramani C, Bharatiraja C, Shabin M. A low cost single phase grid connected reduced switch PV inverter based on time frame switching scheme. International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems. 2016 Mar; 77:100–11.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.