Total views : 108
Half Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide 90° Coupler
Objectives: In the microwave band, couplers based on substrate integrated waveguides (SIW) take advantage of this technology’s performance such as low profile, low insertion losses, low interference. On the other hand suffers from the inconvenient of size. The motivation of this work is to develop a SIW 90° coupler using the new HMSIW technology to obtain a more compact SIW 90° coupler. Methodology: Recently, a new planar structure of waveguides has been proposed, called substrate waveguide (SIW). They are richly used and applied to stimulate high-quality devices for waves and millimeter waves thanks to its performances such as low-loss, high density of integration. A new half-mode substrate integrated waveguide 90° coupler (HMSIW) is proposed, with the aim of maintaining good coupler performance with a reduction of more than half of size. Findings: As compared with SIW coupler, the size of the HMSIW coupler is cuted down by approximately 62%. 90-degree phase shift delimited by the output port and the coupling port in the frequency bandwidth from about 10 GHz to 12.9 GHz is the coupler’s requirements. Since the proposed HMSIW couplers have characterized with a compact size, they could be integrated with other passive and active components. Application/Improvements: The HMSIW coupler achieves good performance that’s why they could be employed in communication applications and as essential elements for the manufacturing of other microwave devices.
Communication Applications, 90° Coupler, Half Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide, Microwave Devices, Substrate Integrated Waveguide
- Yang N, Caloz C, Wu K. TE210 mode balanced oscillator using substrate integrated waveguide resonator.IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation. 2011 Jul; 5(10):1188-94. Crossref.
- Zelenchuk D, Fusco V. Low insertion loss substrate integrated waveguide quasi-elliptic filters for V-band wireless personal area network applications. IET Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation. 2011 Jun; 5(8):921-7. Crossref.
- Zhai GH, Hong W, Wu K, Chen JX, Chen P, Wei J, Tang HJ. Folded Half Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide 3 dB Couple. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters. 2008; 18(8):5012-4. Crossref.
- Castellano T, Losito O, Mescia L, Chiapperino MA, Venanzoni G, Mencarelli D, Angeloni G, Renghini C, Carta P, Prudenzano F. Feasibility Investigation of Low Cost Substrate Integrated Waveguide (SIW) Directional Couplers. Progress in Electromagnetics Research B. 2014; 59:31-44. Crossref.
- Rajkumar S, Saravanan SV, Devendran S and Krishna Kumar M. Improving the Performance of Antenna using Substrate Integrated Waveguide Coupler. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(47):1-4. Crossref.
- Madhav BT, Sai Gupta G, Rahul M, Krishna Lahari M and Sameera M. Linearly Polarized Microstrip Planar Filtennafor X and Ku Band Communication Systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(38):12-7. Crossref.
- Masoud KE, Pejman M. Compact Size, Equal-Length and Unequal-Width Substrate Integrated Waveguide Four Channel Phase Shifter. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):5-8.
- Wu XH and Kishk AA. Hybrid of Method of Moments and Cylingdrical Eigenfunction Expansion to Study Substrate Integrated Waveguide Circuits. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. 2008; 56:2270-6.Crossref.
- Wu LS, Zhou XL, Yin WY, Liu LC, Mao JF and Peng HL. A New Type of Periodically Loaded Half-Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide and Its Applications. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. 2010; 58(4):882-93. Crossref.
- Zhong CL, Xu J, Yu ZY, Wang MY and Li JH. Half mode substrate integrated waveguide broadband bandpass filter.Progress in Electromagnetics Research Letters. 2008; 4:1318. Crossref.
- Cho DK and Lee HY. A New Broadband MicrostriptoSIW Transition Using Parallel HMSIW. Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science. 2012; 12(2):1715. Crossref.
- Cheng Y, Hong W and Wu K. Half Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide (HMSIW) Directional Filter. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters. 2007; 17(7):504-6. Crossref.
- Rana B and Parui SK. Design of Compact Slot Antenna Array using Half-Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide Technology. Journal of Physical Sciences. 2014; 18:46-53.
- Wu LS, Xia B, Mao J and Yin WY. A Half-Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide Ring for Two-Way Power Division of Balanced Circuit. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters. 2012; 22(7):333-5. Crossref.
- Zou Y, Tong CM, Li CZ and Pang WJ. Wideband Hybrid Ring Coupler Based on Half-Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide. IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters. 2014; 24(9):596-8. Crossref.
- Liu B, Hong W, Zhang Y, Tang HJ, Yin X and Wu K. Half Mode Substrate Integrated Waveguide 180 3-dB Directional Couplers. IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques. 2007; 55(12):2586-92. Crossref.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.