Total views : 515
Literature Review on Impact of CRM, SRM, Information Sharing and Goal Congruence on Retail-SCM
Background/Objectives: Literature review has been conducted in the area of Supply Chain Management (SCM) to comprehend the various Supply Chain Management Practices (SCMPs), adopted by firms and how these can impact the performance of the organization and thus be a source of competitive advantage to the firm. Additionally, the SCMPs, which are particularly relevant for the retail sector, were identified and a conceptual retail supply chain model was proposed for further validation. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A total of 100 selected refereed journal articles were systematically studied. Findings: A couple of key findings emerged; there are several research articles on SCM in the manufacturing sector, but the field is relatively new with reference to the Retail-SCM. The literature review aids to develop an understanding of the relevant Retail-SCMPs which have an impact on SCP and FP. The proposed conceptual model can then be validated through multivariate data analysis. Applications/Improvements: The findings and subsequent methodological discussions aim at providing practical guidance to Retail-SCM researchers and practioners.
Firm Performance, Retailer, Supply Chain Management, Supply Chain Management Practices, Supply Chain Performance.
- Ketchen DJ, Hult GTM. Bridging organization theory and supply chain management: The case of best value supply chains. Journal of Operations Management. 2007; 25(2):573-80.
- Crook TR, Combs JG. Sources and consequences of bargaining power in supply chains. Journal of Operations Management. 2007; 25(2):546-55.
- Chen IJ, Paulraj A. Towards a theory of supply chain management: The constructs and measurements. Journal of Operations Management. 2004; 22(2):119-50.
- Lambert DM, Cooper MC, Pagh JD. Supply chain management: Implementation issues and research opportunities. International Journal of Logistics Management. 1998; 9(2):1-20.
- Croom S, Romano P, Giannakis M. Supply chain management: An analytical framework for critical literature review. European Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management. 2000; 6(1):67-83.
- Sachan A, Datta S. Review of supply chain management and logistics research. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management. 2005; 35(9):664-705.
- Burgess K, Singh PJ, Koroglu R. Supply chain management: A structured literature review and implications for future research. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 2006; 26(7):703-29.
- Seuring S, Gold S. Conducting content-analysis based literature reviews in supply chain management. Supply Chain Management: An International Journal. 2012; 17(5):544-55.
- Randall WS, Gibson BJ, Defee CC, Williams BD. Retail supply chain management: Key priorities and practices. International Journal of Logistics Management. 2011; 22(3):390402.
- Defee CC, Randall WS, Gibson B. Journal of Roles and capabilities of the retail supply chain organization. Journal of Transportation Management. 2009; 21(2):31-47.
- Taylor JC, Fawcett SE. Retail on-shelf performance of advertised items: An assessment of supply chain effectiveness at the point of purchase. Journal of Business Logistics. 2001; 22(1):73-89.
- Saini H, Saini D, Gupta N. E-business System Development: Review on Methods, Design Factors, Techniques and Tools with an Extensive Case Study for Secure Online Retail Selling Industry. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009; 2(5):82-90.
- Williams BD, Waller MA. Top-Down Versus Bottom-Up Demand Forecasts : The Value of Shared Point-of-Sale Data in the Retail Supply Chain. 2011; 32(1):17-26.
- Bookbinder J, Zarour F. Direct Product Profitability And Retail Shelf Space Allocation Models. Journal of Business Logistics. 2006; 22(2):183-208.
- Lowson RH. Retail Operational Strategies in Complex Supply Chains. International Journal of Logistics Management. 2001; 12(1):97-111.
- Gawankar S, Kamble S, Rakesh V. Development , measurement and validation of supply chain management practices scale in Indian retail sector. International Journal of Procurement Management. 2013; 6(5):495-522.
- Bloom PN, Perry VG. Retailer power and supplier welfare: The case of Wal-Mart. 2001; 77:379-396.
- Prajogo D, Olhager J. Journal of Supply chain integration and performance: The effects of long-term relationships, information technology and sharing, and logistics integration. International Journal of Production Economics. 2012; 135(1):514-22.
- Germain R, Claycomb C, Droge C. Supply chain variability, organizational structure, and performance: The moderating effect of demand unpredictability. Journal of Operations Management. 2008; 26(5):557-70.
- Li S, Rao S, Ragunathan T, Ragunathan B. Development and validation of a measurement instrument for studying supply chain management practices. Journal of Operations Management. 2005; 23(6):618-41.
- Robb DJ, Xie B, Arthanari T. Supply chain and operations practice and performance in Chinese furniture manufacturing. International Journal of Production Economics. 2008; 112(2):683-99.
- 22. Vickery SK, Jayaram J, Droge C, Calantone R. The effects of an integrative supply chain strategy on customer service and financial performance: an analysis of direct versus indirect relationships. Journal of Operations Management. 2003; 21(5):523-39.
- Sundram VPK, Ibrahim AR, Govindaraju VGRC. Supply chain management practices in the electronics industry in Malaysia: Consequences for supply chain performance. Benchmarking An International Journal. 2011; 18(6):83455.
- Sahay BS, Mohan R. Supply chain management practices in Indian industry. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management. 2003; 33(7):582-606.
- Gowen III CR, Tallon W. Journal of Enhancing supply chain practices through human resource management. Journal of Management Development. 2003; 22(1):32-44.
- Beamon BM. Supply chain design and analysis: Models and methods. International Journal of Production Economics. 1998; 55:281-94.
- Gunasekaran A, Chung WWC. Special issue on supply chain management for the 21st century organizational competitiveness. International Journal of Production Economics. 2004; 87(3):209-12.
- Qrunfleh S, Tarafdar M. Supply chain information systems strategy: Impacts on supply chain performance and firm performance. International Journal of Production Economics. 2013:1-11.
- Narasimhan R, Das A. The impact of purchasing integration and practices on manufacturing performance. Journal of Operations Management. 2001; 19(5):593-609.
- Tan KC, Lyman SB, Wisner JD. Supply chain management: A strategic perspective. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 2002; 22(6):614-31.
- Joe Z. Quantitative models for performance evaluation and benchmarking. 3rd ed. New York: Springer; 2014. Available at: http://www.deafrontier.net/spreadsheet_books.html.
- Bayraktar E, Demirbag M, Koh SCL, Tatoglu E, Zaim H. A causal analysis of the impact of information systems and supply chain management practices on operational performance: Evidence from manufacturing SMEs in Turkey. International Journal of Production Economics. 2009; 122(1):133-49.
- Day M, Lichtenstein S. Strategic supply management: The relationship between supply management practices, strategic orientation and their impact on organisational performance. Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management. 2006; 12(6):313-21.
- Chow WS, Madu CN, Kuei C-H, Lu MH, Lin C, Tseng H. Supply chain management in the US and Taiwan: An empirical study. Omega 2008; 36(5):665-79.
- Feldmann M, Muller S. An incentive scheme for true information providing in Supply Chains. Omega 2003; 31(2):6373.
- Fynes B, Voss C, de Burca S. The impact of supply chain relationship quality on quality performance. International Journal of Production Economics. 2005; 96(3):339-54.
- Kannan V, Tan KC. Just in time, total quality management, and supply chain management: Understanding their linkages and impact on business performance. Omega 2005; 33(2):153-62.
- Kaynak H, Hartley JL. Exploring quality management practices and high tech firm performance. The Journal of High Technology Management Research. 2005; 16(2):255-72.
- Banker RD, Lee SY, Potter G, Srinivasan D. The impact of supervisory monitoring on high end retail sales productivity. Annals of Operations Research. 2009; 173(1):25-37.
- Narasimhan R, Kim SW. Effect of supply chain integration on the relationship between diversification and performance: Evidence from Japanese and Korean firms. Journal of Operations Management. 2002; 20(3):303-23.
- Narasimhan R, Jayaram Journal of An empirical investigation of the antecedents and consequences of manufacturing goal achievement in North American , European and Pan Pacific firms. Journal of Operations Management. 1998; 16:159-76.
- Tracey M, Vonderembse MA. Manufacturing technology and strategy formulation : Keys to enhancing competitiveness and improving performance. Journal of Operations Management. 1999; 17:411-28.
- Tan K, Kannan VR, Handfield RB, Soumen G. Supply chain management : An empirical study of its impact on performance. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 1999; 19(10):1034-52.
- Zairi M. Best practice in supply chain management: The experience of the retail. European Journal of Innovative Management. 1998; 1(2):59-66.
- Min S, Mentzer JT. Developing and measuring supply chain management concepts. Journal of Business Logistics. 2004; 25(1):63-99.
- Carr AS, Smeltzer LR. The relationship of strategic purchasing to supply chain management. European Journal of Purchasing and Supply Management.. 1999; 5(1):43-51.
- Nyaga GN, Whipple JM, Lynch DF. Examining supply chain relationships: Do buyer and supplier perspectives on collaborative relationships differ? Journal of Operations Management. 2010; 28(2):101-14.
- Kannan VR, Tan KC. Buyer-supplier relationships: The impact of supplier selection and buyer-supplier engagement on relationship and firm performance. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management. 2006; 36(10):755-75.
- Martin JH, Grbac B. Using supply chain management to leverage a firm’s market orientation. Industrial Marketing Management. 2003; 32(1):25-38.
- Larson PD, Kulchitsky JD. The Use and Impact of Communication Media in Purchasing and Supply Management. Journal of Supply Chain Management. 2000; 36(3):29-39.
- Kent JL, Mentzer JT. The effect of investment in interorganizational information technology in a retail supply chain. Journal of Business Logistics. 2003; 24(2):155-175.
- Green(Jr) KW, Whitten D, Inman RA. The impact of logistics performance on organizational performance in a supply chain context. Supply Chain Manag: An International Journal. 2008; 13(4):317-27.
- Hamister JW. Supply chain management practices in small retailers. International Journal of Retail Distribution Management. 2012; 40(6):427-50.
- Rosenzweig ED, Roth AV, Dean JW. The influence of an integration strategy on competitive capabilities and business performance: An exploratory study of consumer products manufacturers. Journal of Operations Management. 2003; 21(4):437-56.
- Lin C, Chow WS, Madu CN, Kuei C-H, Pei Yu P. A structural equation model of supply chain quality management and organizational performance. International Journal of Production Economics. 2005; 96(3):355-65.
- Gharakhani D, Mavi RK, Hamidi N. Impact of supply chain management practices on innovation and organizational performance in Iranian Companies. African Journal of Bussiness Management. 2012; 6(19):5939-49.
- Adjei MT, Griffith DA, Noble SM. When do relationships pay off for small retailers? Exploring targets and contexts to understand the value of relationship marketing. Journal of Retail. 2009; 85(4):493-501.
- Baltacioglu T, Ada E, Kaplan MD, Yurt And O, Cem Kaplan Y. A New Framework for Service Supply Chains. Service Industrial Journal. 2007; 27(2):105-24.
- Mostafa MM. Does efficiency matter?: Examining the efficiencyprofitability link in the US specialty retailers and food consumer stores. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management. 2010; 59(3):255-73.
- Singh RK, Garg SK, Deshmukh SG. Strategy development by small scale industries in India. Industrial Management and Data Systems. 2010; 110(7):1073-93. doi:10.1108/02635571011069112.
- Wong CY, Boon-itt S, Wong CWY. The contingency effects of environmental uncertainty on the relationship between supply chain integration and operational performance. Journal of Operations Management. 2011; 29(6):604-15.
- Brown JR, Dant RP, Ingene C., Kaufmann P. Journal of Supply chain management and the evolution of the Big Middle. Journal of Retail. 2005; 81(2):97-105.
- Flynn BB, Huo B, Zhao X. The impact of supply chain integration on performance: A contingency and configuration approach. Journal of Operations Management. 2010; 28(1):58-71.
- Weber CA. A data envelopment analysis approach to measuring vendor performance. Supply Chain Manag: An International Journal. 1996; 1(1):28-39.
- Drzymalski J, Odrey NG, Wilson GR. Aggregating performance measures of a multi-echelon supply chain using the analytical network and analytical hierarchy process. International Journal of Services, Economics and Management. 2010; 2(3-4):286-306.
- Sharma MK, Bhagwat R. An integrated BSC-AHP approach for supply chain management evaluation. Measuring Business Excellence. 2007; 11(3):57-68.
- Handfield RB, Nichols EL. Key issues in global supply base management. Industrial Marketing Management. 2004; 33(1):29-35.
- Udomleartprasert P, Jungthirapanich C. The supportive infrastructures enhancing the supply chain performance. In: IEEE International Engineering Management Conference (IEEE Cat. No.04CH37574). IEEE; 2004; 3:1203-07.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.