Total views : 589
A Performance Model for FMCG Sector Employees Using Linguistic Fuzzy Multi Criteria Group Decision Making
Objectives: To propose a model for ranking the performance of the employees of FMCG sector. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this paper, authors have used Min Max Method. The data for 100 employees have been generated for identifying the performance of employees through linguistic theory model. The main factors which affect the performance of the employee can be mainly categorized in four sections: job performance, job capacities, job behavior and personal. For each performance criterion the linguistic values has been assigned. Then the relative importance of linguistic variables is calculated. Findings: The major step in the decision making process is to establish a fuzzy association relation between a precise category and every employee's performance for that group. Considering the significance allocated to each criterion set the highest value for that grouping, the association relation is established by taking the complement of the category set importance. This complement produces a smallest performance value assigned to all employees as per the category. At the end, combined the performances of the employee across all groups in order to achieve a complete assessment by applying the min function to the set. Author got the results that 80 employees needed training in job performance as they have overall rating 0.2; whereas 16 employees needed training in job capacities as they have overall rating 0.40 and 4 employees can be promoted as they have overall rating 0.41 which is highest. Applications/Improvements: The proposed approach of fuzzy evaluation methodology can be used for other sectors like evaluation of students, evaluation of product or quality assessment of software, teacher or supplier evaluation with small modifications.
Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Fuzzy Numbers, Fuzzy MCDM, Linguistic Variables.
- Shaout A, Khalid Yousif M. Employee Performance Appraisal System Using Fuzzy Logic. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technology. 2014 Aug; 6(4):1-19.
- Zadeh LA. Fuzzy Sets, Information and Control. 1965; 8:338–53.
- What-is-FMCG. Date accessed: 03/03/2015: Available from: http://www.about-fmcg.com.
- Bellman RE, Zadeh LA. Decision-making in a fuzzy environment, management science. 1970 Dec; 17(4):1-25.
- Zemkova B, Talasova J. Fuzzy sets in HR Management. Acta Polytechnica Hungarica. 2011 Jan; 8(3):113-24.
- Ma J, Ruan D, Xu Y, Zhang G. A fuzzy-set approach to treat determinacy and consistency of linguistic terms in multi-criteria decision making. International Journal of Approximate Reasoning. 2007 Feb; 44(2):165-81.
- Nasirzadeh F, Khanzadi M, Mianabadi H. A Fuzzy Group Decision Making Approach to Construction Project Risk Management. International Journal of Industrial Engineering. 2013 Mar; 24(1):71-80.
- Morrison EW. Role definitions and organizational citizenship behavior: The importance of the employee’s perspective. Academy of Management Journal. 1994 Dec; 37(6):1543-67.
- Velasquez M, Hester PT. An analysis of multi-criteria decision making methods. International Journal of Operations Research. 2013; 10(2):56-66.
- Dodangeh J, Sorooshian S, Afshari AR. Linguistic Extension for Group Multicriteria Project Manager Selection. Journal of Applied Mathematics. 2014 Mar.
- Chang TH, Wang TC. Using the fuzzy multi-criteria decision making approach for measuring the possibility of successful knowledge management. Information Sciences. 2009 Feb; 179(4):355-70.
- Madhoushi M, Aliabadi AN. Supplier Performance Evaluation Based On Fuzzy Logic. International Journal of Applied Science & Technology. 2011 Sep; 1(5):1-5.
- Aruldoss M, Lakshmi TM, Venkatesan VP. A survey on multi criteria decision making methods and its applications. American Journal of Information Systems. 2013 Dec; 1(1):31-43.
- Das P. Decision-making scenario towards Supply chain performance assessment in Fuzzy Context (Doctoral dissertation). 2013 Dec; p. 1-35.
- Zadeh LA. The concept of a linguistic variable and its application to approximate reasoning, Parts 1–3. Information Sciences. 1975; 8:199–249.
- Akman G, Baynal K. Logistics Service Provider Selection through an Integrated Fuzzy Multicriteria Decision Making Approach. Journal of Industrial Engineering. 2014 Apr; 2014:1-17.
- Fuzzy-set based logic. Date accessed: 3/09/2014: Available from: http://ir.ccsuniversity.ac.in/jspui/bitstream/1/3138/1/ CH_5 Pg 74-93.pdf.
- Macwan N, Sajja PS. Fuzzy Logic: An Effective User Interface Tool for Decision Support System. 2014 May; 3(3):1-6.
- Mardani A, Jusoh A, Zavadskas EK. Fuzzy multiple criteria decision-making techniques and applications-Two decades review from 1994 to 2014. Expert Systems with Applications. 2015 May; 42(8):4126-48.
- Mohamed NH, Lamsali H, Sathyamoorthy D. Multi-criteria decision making (mcdm) for technical evaluation of tenderers: a review of methods employed. 2015 Apr; 8(1):90-102.
- Rahardjo J, Sutapa IN. Aplikasi Fuzzy Analytical Hierarchy Process dalam Seleksi Karyawan. Journal Teknik Industri. 2002 Dec; 4(2):82-92.
- Afshari AR, Yusuff RM, Derayatifar AR. An application of Delphi method for eliciting criteria in personnel selection problem. Scientific Research and Essays. 2012 Aug; 7(33):2927-35.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.