Total views : 1941
Cluster Based Mutual authenticated key agreement based on Chaotic Maps for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Implementing security in mobile ad hoc networks is very challenging due to its dynamic, heterogeneous and distributed nature. In order to deploy security most important pre requisite is ‘authentication’. However, providing security based on public key infrastructure with central third party authentication is difficult to deploy in MANETs Environment. Energy efficiency is another powerful factor due to its constrained battery power of nodes in MANETs. Methods/Analysis: In order to achieve security along with energy efficiency, we design & evaluate mechanism based on chaotic maps and knapsack algorithm, which addresses two vital characteristics: authentication & lifetime of network. We divide the MANETs into number of clusters with cluster heads and assign the key management task to cluster heads. Findings: Proposed work achieves the network life time based on new metric called ‘Optimized data packets processing capacity’ and authentication with the help of Chebyshev polynomials. Application/Improvements: Our proposed scheme abstains from computing overhead such as modular exponentiation and scalar multiplications of an elliptical curve. Moreover it is robust to different network attacks and assures that the secrete session key is established only between two intended entities.
Authentication, Cluster, Chebyshev Polynomials, Key Agreement, MANETs, Optimization.
- Mohammad AAK, Sharifi A, Sharifi H. Secured- Bandwidth Reservation Distance Vector Routing Protocol. International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science Applications and Management Studies. 2012; 1(3):1–4.
- Sasila Jabamani S, Rajinikanth E. Integrity Key based Mechanism to Debase Packet Dropping in Manets. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(14). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i14/90204.
- Muthuramalingam S, Suba Nachiar T. Enhancing the Security for Manet by Identifying Untrusted Nodes using Uncertainity Rules. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i4/87043.
- Jesudoss A, Subramaniam NP. EAM: Architecting Efficient Authentication Model for Internet Security using Image-based One Time Password Technique. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(7). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i7/85017.
- Rafidha Rehiman KA, Veni S. A Secure Authentication Infrastructure for IoT Enabled Smart Mobile Devices – An Initial Prototype. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(9). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i9/86791.
- Vijayakumar K, Somasundaram K. Study on Reliable and Secure Routing Protocols on Manet. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(14). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i14/84433.
- Gautam S, Kumar R. A Review of Energy-Aware Routing Protocols in MANETs. International Journal of Modern Engineering Research (IJMER). 2012; 2(3):1129–33.
- Babu KS, Chandra K, Sekharaiah. Securing AODV with Authentication Mechanism Using Cryptographic Pair of Keys. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security. 2013; 11(2):42–5.
- Rafaeli S, Hutchison D. A survey of key management for secure group communication. ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR). 2003; 35(3):309–29.
- Wang N-C, Fang S-Z. A hierarchical key management scheme for secure group communications in mobile ad hoc networks. Journal of Systems and Software. 2007; 80(10):1667–77.
- Kim Y, Perrig A, Tsudik G. Simple and fault-tolerant key agreement for dynamic collaborative groups. Proceedings of the 7th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security. ACM. 2000. p. 235–44.
- Ateniese G, Steiner M, Tsudik G. Authenticated group key agreement and friends. Proceedings of the 5th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security. ACM. 1998. p. 17–26.
- Burmester M, Desmedt YG. Efficient and secure conference-key distribution. Security Protocols. Springer-Veralg: Berlin Heidelberg. 1997; 119–29.
- Blom R. An optimal class of symmetric key generation systems. Advances in cryptology. Springer-Verlag: Berlin Heidelberg. 1985; 335–38.
- Blundo C, et al. Perfectly secure key distribution for dynamic conferences. Information and Computation.1998; 146(1):1–23.
- Jambhekar D, Dhawale CA. Bit Level Key Agreement and Exchange Protocol for Digital Image Steganography. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i15/70915
- Wang X-Y, Chen F, Wang T. A new compound mode of confusion and diffusion for block encryption of image based on chaos. Communications in Nonlinear Science Numerical Simulation. 2010; 15(9):2479–85.
- Li C, Li S, Alvarez G, Chen G, Lo K-T. Cryptanalysis of two chaotic encryption schemes based on circular bit shift and XOR operations. Physics Letters A. 2007; 369(1–2):23–30.
- Bose R. Novel public key encryption technique based on multiple chaotic systems. Phys Rev Lett. 2005 Sep; 95(9):098702.
- Kocarev L, Tasev Z. Public-key encryption based on Chebyshev maps. Proceedings of the IEEE 2003 International symposium on Circuits and Systems. 2003; 3:28–31.
- Xiao D, Shih FY, Liao X. A chaos-based hash function with both modification detection and localization capabilities. Communications in Nonlinear Science Numerical Simulation. 2010; 15(9):2254–61.
- Amin M, Faragallah OS, Abd El-Latif AA. Chaos-based hash function (CBHF) for cryptographic applications. Chaos, Soliton Fractls. 2009; 42(2):767–72.
- Wang X, Zhao J. An improved key agreement protocol based on chaos. Commun Nonlinear Science Numerical Simulation. 2010; 15(12):4052–57.
- Yoon E, Jeon I. An efficient and secure Diffie–Hellman key agreement protocol based on Chebyshev chaotic map. Communications in Nonlinear Science Numerical Simulation. 2011; 16(6):2383–89.
- Lai H, et al. Applying semigroup property of enhanced Chebyshev polynomials to anonymous authentication protocol. Mathematical Problems in Engineering. 2012; 17.
- Zhao F, Gong P, Li S, Li M, Li P. Cryptanalysis and improvement of a three-party key agreement protocol using enhanced Chebyshev polynomials. Nonlinear Dynamics. 2013; 74(1):419–27.
- Ozkaynak F, Yavuz S. Designing chaotic S-boxes based on time-delay chaotic system. Nonlinear Dynamics. 2013; 74(3):551–57.
- Alvarez G. Security problems with a chaos-based deniable authentication scheme. Chaos Solitons Fractals. 2005; 26(1):7–11.
- Xiao D, Liao X, Deng S. A novel key agreement protocol based on chaotic maps. Information Sciences. 2007; 177(4):1136–42 .
- Han S. Security of a key agreement protocol based on chaotic maps. Chaos Solitons Fractals. 2008; 38(3):764–68.
- Chiang, C-C, Wu H-K, Liu W, Gerla M. Routing in clustered multihop, mobile wireless networks with fading channel. In proceedings of IEEE SICON. 1997; 97(4):197–211.
- Mason JC. Handscomb D C. Chebyshev polynomials. CRC Press: USA, 2002.
- Zhu H. Flexible and Password-Authenticated Key Agreement Scheme Based on Chaotic Maps for Multiple Servers to Server Architecture. Wireless Personal Communications. 2015; 82(3):1697–718.
- Zhen P, et al. Key agreement protocol based on extended chaotic maps with anonymous authentication. Chaotic Modelling and Simulation (CMSIM0). 2014; 3(3):221–31
- Cai Z, et al. A Chebyshev-Map Based One-Way Authentication and Key Agreement Scheme for Multi-Server Environment. International Journal of Security and its Applications. 2015; 9(6):147–56.
- Mohammad AAK, Mirza A, Razzak MA. Reactive Energy Aware Routing Selection Based on Knapsack Algorithm (RER-SK). In Emerging ICT for Bridging the Future-Proceedings of the 49th Annual Convention of the Computer Society of India CSI, Springer International Publishing: Switzerland, 2015; 289–98.
- Martello, S, Toth P. Knapsack Problems, J. 1990.
- Wang X, Zhao J. An improved key agreement protocol based on chaos. Communications in Nonlinear Science Numerical Simulation. 2010; 15(12):4052–57.
- Yoon EJ, Jeon I. An efficient and secure Diffie–Hellman key agreement protocol based on Chebyshevchaotic map. Communications in Nonlinear Science Numerical Simulation. 2011; 16(6):2383–89.
- Ammayappan K, et al. An ECC-based two-party authenticated key agreement protocol for mobile Ad Hoc networks. Journal of Computers. 2011; 6(11):2408–16.
- Chai Z, Cao Z, Lu R. Threshold password authentication against guessing attacks in Ad hoc networks. Ad Hoc Networks. 2007; 5(7):1046–54.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.