Total views : 242
An Efficient Integral Power-Elector Method with Enhanced AODV to Avoid Sleep Deprivation in Manet
Objectives: To Enhance Ad hoc On-demand Distance Vector routing (AODV) mechanism with Integral power-elector algorithm and power neural technique to manage node from sleep deprivation attack in Mobile Ad hoc Network (MANET). Methods: Sleep deprivation Attack in MANETs make frequent request to the nodes and deplete the battery level. Colony formation technique implemented using power - elector algorithm with power consumption value of mobile nodes as a key value. A group of wireless devices such as Colonies with Processing head and transmission head avoid the sleep deprivation attack by forwarding the packets to the intended destination. Results are simulated through ns-2 tool. Findings: An efficient power-elector method with power consumption value as a key is introduced. The enhanced AODV protocol with extra two fields added helps to know about the Size of packets to be transmitted and also identifies the number of packets to be transmitted to destination. The algorithm imports colony formation technique and adds up with colony chaining method with optimal value checks for each colony nodes for successful transmission of packets by avoiding the sleep deprivation Attack. The Power value of nodes compared and the proposed methodology shows an improvement. Results are simulated through ns 2.34. Improvement: The proposed method has shown improvement on the power values of node. The existing protocol without proposed method decreases the power value while the proposed method improves it and results are shown.
AODV, Colony, MANET, Power Consumption, Sleep Deprivation Attack.
- Krishnan MBM, Balachander T, Rajasekar P. Agent based trust estimation for mobile ad hoc network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9):223–7.
- Kim D, Garcia-Luna-Aceves JJ, Obraczka K, Cano JC. Power-aware routing based on the energy drain rate for mobile ad hoc networks. Proceedings of IEEE; 2002 Oct. p. 565–9.
- Priyadsrini S, Navamani TM, Mahadevan V. An efficient route discovery in MANET’S with improved route lifetime. International Journal of Information and Electronics Engineering. 2012 Jull 2(4):1–4.
- Denko MK. Detection and prevention of DOS attack in MANET using reputation based incentive scheme. Proceedings of Systemics, cybernetic and informatics. 2010; 3(4):1–9.
- Madhurikkha S, Sabitha R. An efficient credence based scheme to fight against packet dropping attack in mobile ad hoc network. Proceedings of International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10(8):6224–8.
- Abdelhaq M, Alsaqour R. The impact of resource consumption attack on mobile ad hoc network routing. International Journal of Network Security. 2014 Sep; 16(5):376–81.
- Zhu J. On the power efficiency and optimal transmission range of wireless sensor nodes. IEEE International Conference on Electro/Information Technology, EIT; 2009 Jun. p. 277–81.
- Rout S, Turuk AK, Sahoo B. Energy aware routing protocol in MANET using power efficient topology control method. Proceedings of International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012Apr; 43(5):33–42.
- Bhattasali T, Chaki R, Sanyal S. Sleep deprivation attack detection in wireless sensor network. Proceedings of International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Feb; 40(15):1–7.
- Zhao Q, Nakamoto Y. Energy-efficient sensor and task scheduling for extending battery life in a sensor node. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, Networks and Applications; 2013 Aug. p. 96–100.
- Sarkar M, Roy DB. Prevention of sleep deprivation attacks using clustering. 2011 3rd International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology (ICECT); 2011 Apr. p. 391–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.