Total views : 261
Optimization of Query Processing Time using Taguchi Method for RFID Data Management
Background: RFID technology is being adopted by a number of applications including supply chain management. Due to the adoption of RFID technology challenging problems have appeared. The RFID database system handles huge amounts of path oriented, time dependent data. Methods: This paper focuses on minimizing the query processing time by using Taguchi optimization method. Simulations show how the factors considered impact RFID data processing efficiency. Findings: So the effectiveness of the system depends on the factors such as the number of tags accessed at a time, the data preprocessing techniques adopted, and selection of suitable indexing techniques and so on. However, few of the techniques adopted by existing methods focus on the efficiency of RFID data processing. Applications/Improvements: Taguchi method is applied to predict the best design combinations that achieve minimum query processing time.
Data Compression, Data Indexing, RFID, Taguchi Method.
- Sundaram BR, Vasudevan SK, Aravind E, Karthick G, Harithaa S. Smart car design using RFID. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(11):1–5.
- Blessingson WJ, Jinila YB. Multi utility/tracing kit for vehicles using RFID technology. 2010 Proceedings of the Recent Advances in Space Technology Services and Climate Change, RSTCC; Chennai. 2010. p. 273–6.
- Bollampally K, Dzever S. The impact of RFID on pharmaceutical supply chains: India, China and Europe Compared. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(S4):176–88.
- Kumari S. Real time authentication system for RFID applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Mar; 7(S3):47–51.
- Gonzalez H, Han J, Li X, Klabjan D. Warehousing andAnalysis of Massive RFID Data Sets. ICDE ’06, Proc 2006 Int’l Conference on Data Engineering; 2006. p. 1–18.
- Lee C-H, Chung C-W. RFID data processing in supply chain management using a path encoding scheme. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2011; 23(5):742–58.
- Lee C-H, Chung C-W. Efficient storage scheme and query processing for supply chain management using RFID. Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data; 2008. p. 291–302.
- Gonzalez H, Han J, Cheng H, Li X, Klabjan D, Wu T. Modeling massive RFID data sets: A gateway-based movement graph approach. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2010; 22(1):90–104.
- Fodor IK. A survey of dimension reduction techniques. USA: Lawrence Livennore National Laboratory; 2002.
- Anu VM, Mala GSA. RFID data encoding scheme in supply chain management with aid of orthogonal transformation and Genetic Algorithm (GA). IRECOS. 2013; 8(11):2562–9.
- Anu VM, Mala GSA, Mathi K. Comparison of RFID data processing using dimensionality reduction techniques. The Proceedings of the International Conference on Control, Instrumentation, Communication and Computational Technologies, ICCICCT 2014; Kanyakumari. 2014. p. 265–8.
- Smith LI. A tutorial on principal components analysis. USA: Cornell University; 2002.
- Ghodsi A. Dimensionality reduction a short tutorial. Ontario, Canada: University of WaterlooWaterloo; 2006.
- Tsui KL. An overview of Taguchi method and newly develop statistical methods for robust design. IIE Transactions. 1992; 24(5):44–57.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.