Total views : 339
An Ontological Approach for Originating Data Services with Hazy Semantics
Objective: The tremendous growth in volume of data is increasing the complexity of data handling. The existing content based search is not only complex and expensive, but also leads to poor processing and unacceptable latency for massive amount of data. Data accessed from large dataset using existing approach will slow down the query response rate. High resource cost is the severe performance bottleneck caused by query operations. The semantic based search can be carried out on the data, In order to reduce the complexity in data handling. The proposed method uses Resource Description Framework (RDF) with Ontology Web Language (OWL). Thus the RDF is used for non domain based search and OWL is used for domain based search. The non domain based search provides the composition of best data services from master RDF. The triplets from different RDF are combined to form master RDF. And the domain based search is one which provides recommendations for the user based on their search query. The main objective of this approach is to provide semantic search using RDF and recommendation using OWL. The search result will be the high similarity result sets as the method uses the combinational RDF to form large master RDF. Statistical Analysis/Methods: The user is provided with two methods of searching which is domain based search and non domain based search. The domain based search is one which provides recommendation for the user based on the search query. And the non domain based search originates the data services from master RDF. Agriculture data set is chosen as a sample data set for domain based search which can be extended further for any other domain. The web services which contain general information about the world and also related web services is chosen as a data set for non domain based search. Findings: The statistical analysis of ontology based semantic search with keyword based search produced the precision value of 0.8 out of 1.0 using the search results obtained from both semantic search and keyword based search. Applications/Improvements: The application can be further improved by adding realistic data sets and increasing the size of the database. The domain based approach is not restricted only to agriculture but it can also be extended to some other applications like Health care, pattern recognition and so on.
Correlation, Data Services, Domain, Hazy Semantics, Ontology, Triplets.
- Mozhdeh Nazari Soleimandarabi, Seyed Abolghasem Mirroshandel. A Novel Approach for Computing Semantic Relatedness of Geographic Terms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 October; 8(27). DOI: 10.17485/ ijst/2015/v8i27/60811
- Benjelloun O, Sarma AD, Halevy AY. Databases with uncertainty and lineage. VLDB J. 2008; 17(2):243–64.
- Abdelamid Malki, Mahmoud Barhamgi, Sidi-Mohamed Benslimane, Djamal Benslimane, Mimoun Malki. Composing Data Services with Uncertain Semantics. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2015 April; 27(4).
- Pavlos Fafalios, Yannis Tzitzikas. X-ENS: Semantic Enrichment of Web Search Results at Real-Time. Institute of Computer Science, FORTH-ICS, GREECE, and Computer Science Department, University of Crete, GREECE. 2013 July; 1-8
- Hogan A, Harth A, Umbrich J, Kinsella S, Polleres A, Decker S. Searching and browsing linked data with WSE: the semantic web search engine. Web Semantics: Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web, 2011; 9(4).
- Benouaret K, Benslimane D, et.al. Fudocs: A web service composition system based on fuzzy dominance for reference query answering. PVLDB. 2011; 4(12):1430–33.
- Barhamgi M, Benslimane D, Medjahed B. A query rewriting approach for web service composition. IEEE Trans. Serv. Comput. 2010 Sep.; 3(3):206–22.
- Martin DL, Paolucci M, Burstein MH, McDermott DV, Parsia B, Sycara KP. Bringing semantics to web services: The owl-s approach. In Proc. Semantic Web Services Web Process Composition. 2004; 26–42.
- Ying Yan, Chen Wang, Aoying Zhou, Weining Qian, Li Ma, Yue Pan. Efficiently Querying RDF Data in Triple Stores, Beijing, China, 2008 April 21-25; 1053-54. DOI: 2008 978- 1-60558-085-2/08/04
- Tumer D. Shah MA, Bitirim Y. An empirical evaluation on semantic search performance of keyword-based and semantic search engines: google, yahoo, msn and hakia. Dept. of Comput. Eng., Eastern Mediterranean Univ., Famagusta; Shah, M.A. Bitirim, Y. IEEE. 2009; 51-55. ISBN: 978-1- 4244-3839-6. DOI: 10.1109/ICIMP.2009.16.
- Sharifullah, Jibran Mustafa. Effective semantic search using thematic similarity. Journal of King Saud University - Computer and Information Sciences. 2014 July; 26(2): 161–69.
- Shabana Asmi P, Justin Samuel S. An analysis and accuracy prediction of heart disease with association rule and other data mining techniques. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology. 2015 20th Sep.; 79(2):254-60.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.