Total views : 219
A Survey on Collaborative Categorization using Fuzzy Logic for Improved User Suggestions
Background/Objectives: This paper presents a review on the usage of social tags that can be employed for recommending in social networks. It also focusses on pros and some algorithms as solutions to the problems. Recommender systems are the one used for providing information regarding the categories that belongs to the items which makes use of fuzzy clustering, in which the membership degree of the object is not available in the calculated categories. If calculated categories are available it will provide good quality recommendations to the user. Methods/Analysis: The method suggested in this work is to utilize fuzzy logic to classify the similar users from the clustered users based on their profiles and taste of viewing similar items. Fuzzy logic here plays a vital role in providing recommendation to the similar users once the classification is done. Findings: Hence, by surveying some papers on recommendation in social networking, we propose a solution by creating a dynamic system which would provision recommendations to the user to make the domain selection more effectively. The domains refers to books, movies, songs, which are purely dynamic. This methodology helps to display the most viewed item as the top most item and displays the item ratings in the webpage. The main approach used here is fuzzy logic with the detailed representation of features of objects and modeling user profiles. Applications/Improvements: This type of dynamic domain system will provide better results when compared to the conventional recommendation systems as it allows users to give comments on various products on different domains. This type of recommendation can be consumed by many social networking sites for gaining page rating and it can be further improved in future by combining the online dictionary to classify the terms used in user rating.
Collaborative Filtering, Fuzzy Logic, Recommender Systems, Similarity, Tags, User Profiles.
- Revathy S, Parvaathavarthini B, Rajathi S. Futuristic validation method for rough fuzzy clustering. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(2):120–27. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i2/58943.
- Zenebe A, Norcio AF. Representation, similarity measures and aggregation methods using fuzzy sets for content-based recommender systems. Fuzzy Sets and Systems. 2009 Jan; 160(1):76–94.
- Anand D, Mampilli BS. Folksonomy-based fuzzy user profiling for improved recommendations. Expert Systems with Applications. 2014 Apr; 41(5):2424–36.
- Anand D, Bharadwaj KK. Utilizing various sparsity measures for enhancing accuracy of collaborative recommender systems based on local and global similarities. Expert Systems with Applications. 2011 May; 38(5):5101–09.
- Babu MSP, Kumar BRS. An implementation of the user-based collaborative filtering algorithm. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies. 2011; 2(3):1283–86.
- Zheng N, Li Q. A recommender system based on tag and time information for social tagging systems. Expert Systems with Applications. 2011 Apr; 38(4):4575–87.
- Al-Shamri MYH, Bharadwaj KK. Fuzzy-genetic approach to recommender systems based on a novel hybrid user model. Expert Systems with Applications. 2008 Oct; 35(3):1386–99.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.