Total views : 308
Reliable and Authenticated Rumor Riding Protocol for Unstructured Peer-to-Peer Network
Objectives: Due to the distributed network topology of peer-to-peer network, there are high possibilities for the malicious node, thereby making security a very important criterion in managing the network performance. Methods: Security in the network is ensured by validation using Rumor Recovery (RR) protocol. Trust table verification method guarentees the validity of initiator node and sower node validity. In this method, the initiator node sends its query message to the responder node according to the rumor generation and recovery phase and query issuance phase of the RR protocol. Responder node validation process is used for saving responding nodes from attacks. Findings: In this paper, we mainly concentrate on the detection and elimination of initiator node attack, replay attack, and sower attack. The performance metrics considered for evalution are delay, delivery ratio and throughput. Simulation results show that the proposed Trusted Rumor Riding (TRR) protocol. 1. Out performs RR protocol by 34% in terms of delay, 1% in terms of delivery ratio and 17% in terms of throughput while detecting and eliminating the initiator attack; 2. Out performs RR by 98% in terms of delay, 41% in terms of delivery ratio and 19% in terms of throughput while detecting and eliminating the replay attack; and 3. Out performs RR by 95% in terms of delay, 9% in terms of delivery ratio and 36% in terms of throughput while detecting and eliminating the sower attack. Most of the existing works did not consider these three attacks; only few works considered it, but those were failed to meet the quality of service requirements. The detected attacks are avoided in a effective manner to provide the secure communication. Applications/Improvement: From the results, it is concluded that the proposed TRR protocol can detect several attack while satisfying the quality of service needs.
Malicious Node, Peer-To-Peer Network, Rumor Riding, Security, Trust Node, Validation.
- Takeda A, Chakraborty D, Kitagata G, Hashimoto K, Shiratori N. A new scalable distributed authentication for P2P network and its performance evaluation. WSEAS Transactions on Computers. 2008 Oct; 7(10):1628-37.
- Cheng W, Tan Z. Correlation trust authentication model for peer-to-peer networks. Advanced Materials Research. 2013 Sep: 2237-42.
- Arulkumar CV, Jeyakumar K, Malarmath M, Shanmugapriya T. Secure communication in unstructured P2P networks based on reputation management and self certification. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012 Apr; 44(15):1-3.
- Devika P, Ponmaga RS. Bruit bait: Peer To Peer systems. IJCER. 2012 Jul.
- Mangi FA, Memon I, Jamro DA, Memon MH, Basit MA. The rumor riding anonymity approach for decentralized Peer To Peer systems. IJCSI. 2013 May; 10(3):180-7.
- Gupta R, Singh YN. Reputation aggregation in Peer-to-Peer network using differential gossip algorithm. IEEE Transaction on Knowledge and Data Engineering. 2015 Oct; 27(10):2812-23.
- Liu Y, Han J, Wang J. Rumor riding: Anonymizing unstructured Peer-to-Peer systems. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2011 Mar; 22(3):464-75.
- Lu L, Han J, Hu L, Huai J, Liu Y, Ni LM. Pseudo trust: Zero-knowledge authentication in anonymous Peer-to-Peer. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2007 Mar:1325-37.
- Valarmathi R, Kadhar Nawaz GM. Secure data transfer through audio signal with LSA. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(1):17-22.
- Thiyagarajan M, Raveendra C, Thiagarasu V. Web service authentication and multilevel security. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1-7.
- Ganeshkumar K, Arivazhagan D. Generating a digital signature based on new cryptographic scheme for user authentication and security. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Oct; 7(S6):1-5.
- Wang L. Attacks against Peer-to-Peer networks and counter measures. Seminar on Network Security; 2006 Dec. p. 1-6.
- Delafrooz N, Farzanfar E. Determining the Customer lifetime value based on the benefit clustering in the insurance industry. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1-8.
- Aarthi R, Anjana KP, Amudha J. Sketch based image retrieval using information content of orientation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1-5.
- Justin Samuel S, Jenitha SJ. Enhanced security and authentication mechanism in cloud transactions using HMAC. IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research; 2014 Dec. p. 1-4.
- Christo MS, Meenakshi S. Trusted rumor riding protocol in P2P network. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016 Mar; 9(1):440-6.
- Network Simulator [Online]. 2012. Available from: http:///www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.