Total views : 251
Enhancement of the Regional Business Legal Structure within the Eurasian Economic Union based on the Use of the European Union’s Experience
Background: The research explains why the regional legal structure is expected to stimulate the creation of new transnational corporations and to contribute to the global competitiveness increase of the Eurasian Economic Union. Methods: The following different methods were used to solve the tasks of the research: the literature research, the comparative legal analysis, the retrospective analysis and logical approach. Findings: The research resulted in the proposals and recommendations for the development of a new regional legal structure within the Eurasian Economic Union based on the most successful international experience. It is obvious that the competitive advantage of the EAEU depends on the productivity of the companies operating in it. The encouragement of the corporate productivity can be achieved by creating the regional business legal structure. This legal structure would facilitate cross-border mergers between strong national companies and encourage competitive governance, which would create favorable environment for the development of business. It eventually would stimulate the shift of the EAEU businesses to the global level. Improvements: The possible enhancement of a new regional business legal structure within the Eurasian Economic Union has never been studied before. Therefore, the research conducted in the frame of this paper is believed to become a theoretical basis for the future studies on transnational corporations within the newly created EAEU. From the practical standpoint, the results of this research might be used for the development of the EAEU corporate law and future amendments to the legislation of its Member States in order to facilitate corporate integration within the region.
Cross-border Mergers, Eurasian Economic Union, European Union, National Competitive Advantage, Societas Europaea, Transnational Corporations.
- Muchlinski P. Multinational enterprises and the law. 2 edition, Oxford: Oxford UP; 2007 Aug.
- Porter ME. Competitive advantage of nations, Harvard Business Review; 1990 Mar–Apr.
- Treaty on the Eurasian Economic Union [Internet]. 2014. [Cited 2016 Jan 09]. Available from: http://www.un.org/en/ga/sixth/70/docs/treaty_on_eeu.pdf.
- Nakamura T. East Asian regionalism from a legal perspective: current features and a vision for the future, London: Routledge; 2009.
- Dash KC. Regionalism in South Asia: negotiating cooperation, institutional structures, London: Routledge; 2008.
- Basu DS, Kawai M. Trade regionalism in the Asia-Pacific: developments and future challenges, 1st edition, Singapore; 2016 Feb.
- Oloruntoba SO. Regionalism and integration in Africa: EU-ACP economic partnership agreements and euro-nigeria relations, United States: Palgrave Macmillan; 2016.
- Hussain AI, Dominguez R. North American regionalism and global spread, United States: Palgrave Macmillan; 2015.
- Vivares E. Exploring the New South American Regionalism (NSAR), Farnham: Ashgate; 2014.
- Wunderlich JU. Regionalism, Globalisation and International Order: Europe and Southeast Asia, Aldershot, England: Ashgate; 2007.
- Telò M. European union and new regionalism: competing regionalism and global governance in a post-hegemonic era, Farnham: Ashgate; 2014.
- Warleigh A, Robinson N, Rosamond B. New regionalism and the European union: dialogues, comparisons and new research directions, Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge; 2011.
- Kondratiev N. Theoretical and methodological bases of the development of transnational corporations in the context of the systematic economic transformation. Ph D. Thesis in Economics, Chelyabinsk; 2012.
- Mamonov VY. Development of the mechanism of transnational corporations’ management. Candidate Thesis in Economics and Management of the National Economy, Saratov; 2011.
- Smirnov S. TNC in Kazakhstan. Central Asia and Caucasus. 2006; 4(40):1–7.
- Zhatkanbayev YeB, Baizakova KI, Kurenkeeva GT. National interests of Kazakhstan and challenges of globalization, Almaty; 2004.
- Dmitrakovich FA . Development of transnational corporations and their impact on the development of the Republis of Belarus. Candidate Thesis in Economics, Minsk; 2001.
- Kalinin DS. Formation of the industrialization of the engineering companies strategy of the Republic of Belarus. Candidate Thesis in Economics, Minsk; 2008.
- Melnikov YeA. Institutional factors of transnational corporations development in the frame of the Commonwealth of Independent States. Candidate Thesis in Economics and Management of the National Economy, Moscow; 2005.
- Kirshner JA. A third way: regional restructuring and the Societas Europaea, European Company and Financial Law Review. 2010 Oct; 7(3):444–78.
- Gerven DV, Storm P. The European company. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge UP; 2006.
- Arnò G, Cancarini S. Societas Europaea: analysis of community provisions and of their implementation in the member states, Assago (Milano): IPSOA; 2010.
- Yildirim D. De Societas Europaea: Zijn De Voorgestelde Wijzigingen Van Het SE-statuut Een Verbetering Ten Opzichte Van De Huidige Bepalingen Van Het SE-statuut. [Societas Europaea: are the proposed amendments to the SE Statute, an improvement compared to the current provisions of the SE Statute?]. Rotterdam: Erasmus Universiteit. 2012.
- Broek HVD. Cross-border Mergers within the EU: Proposals to Remove the Remaining Tax Obstacles. Alphen Aan Den Rijn: Wolters Kluwer Law & Business, Kluwer Law International; 2011 Dec.
- Guzmán-Carrasco G. The Andean multinational enterprise regime: emergence, decay, and reform. International law: Revista Colombiana de derecho internacional, Bogota; 2005.
- Taccone JJ, Nogueira U. CARICOM report # 1. Inter-American Development Bank. Interrogation and regional programs department. Buenos Aires; 2002.
- Kreuzer KF. Legal aspects of international joint ventures in agriculture. Rome: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations; 1990.
- Council Regulation (EC) No 2157/2001 on the Statute for a European company (SE) [Internet]. 2001. [Cited 2016 Jan 09]. Available from: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2001:294:0001:0021:en:PDF.
- Directive 2005/56/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 October 2005 on cross-border mergers of limited liability companies [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jan 09]. Available from: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=URISERV%.
- Council Regulation (EC) No 139/2004 on the Control of Concentrations between Companies (the EC Merger Regulation) [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jan 09]. Available from: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=URISERV:l26096.
- Agreement for the Establishment of a Regime for CARICOM Enterprises [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jan 09]. Available from: http://www.caricom.org/jsp/secretariat/legal_instruments/agreement_cer.jsp?menu=secretariat.
- Commission Decision 292 – Uniform Code on Andean multinational enterprises [Internet]. [Cited 2016 Jan 09]. Available from: http://www.jstor.org/stable/20693612.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.