Total views : 308
Finite Element Analysis of Wrinkling and Shearing of Sheet Metal Forming
Objectives: The objective of this work is to perform the sheet metal forming punch and die clearance for the forming of automatic ticket vending machine kiosk. Methods/Analysis: Modeling of sheet metal, punch and die is done. Sheet metal forming simulation is performed using ANSYS LS-DYNA and energy graph were obtained to validate the theoretically obtained clearance values. Findings: Different punch and die clearance values are simulated to show the wrinkling and shearing of sheet metal during the forming process. The theoretically obtained clearance value is verified with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) simulation. Applications/Improvements: This work shows the sheet metal forming and the effect of various punch and die clearance values at the time of forming operation.
Clearance, Die Design, Finite Element Analysis, Sheet Metal Forming.
- Wang W, Zhao Y, Wang Z, Hua M, Wei X. A study on variable friction model in sheet metal forming with advanced high strength steels. Tribology International. 2015 Sep; 93(2016):17–28.
- Schwarze M, Vladimirov IN, Reese S. Sheet metal forming and springback simulation by means of a new reduced integration solid-shell finite element technology. Comput Methods Appl Engrg. 2010 Oct; 200(2011):454–76.
- De Magalhaes Correia JP, Ferron G, Moreira LP. Analytical and numerical investigation of wrinkling for deep-drawn anisotropic metal sheets. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. 2003 Aug; 45(2003):1167–80.
- Kawka M, Olejnik L, Rosochowski A, Sunaga H, Makinouchi A. Simulation of wrinkling in sheet metal forming. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2001; 109(2001):283–9.
- Firat M. Computer aided analysis and design of sheet metal forming processes: Part III: Stamping die-face design. Materials and Design. 2006 March; 28(2007):1311–20.
- Clausmeyer T, Guner A, Tekkaya AE, Levkovitch V, Svendsen B. Modeling and finite element simulation of loading-path-dependent hardening in sheet metals during forming. International Journal of Plasticity. 2014 Feb; 63(2014):64–93.
- Xu J, Guo B, Wang C, Shan D. Blanking clearance and grain size effects on micro deformation behavior and fracture in micro-blanking of brass foil. International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture. 2012 Apr; 60(2012):27–34.
- Hongzhi D, Zhongqin L. Investigation of sheet metal forming by numerical simulation and experiment. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2000 Jan; 103(2000):404–10.
- Lei L-P, Hwan S-M, Kang B-S. Finite element analysis and design in stainless steel sheet forming and its experimental comparison. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2000 Aug; 110(2001):70–7.
- Fang G, Zeng P, Lou L. Finite element simulation of the effect of clearance on the forming quality in the blanking process. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2001 Feb; 122(2002):249–54.
- Hatanaka N, Yamaguchi K, Takakura N. Finite element simulation of the shearing mechanism in the blanking of sheet metal. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2003; 139(2003):64–70.
- Cheng HS, Cao J, Yao H, Liu SD, Kinsey B. Wrinkling behavior of laminated steel sheets. Journal of Materials Processing Technology. 2004; 151(2004):133–40.
- Logesh K, Bupesh VK, Raja, Velu R. Experimental investigation for characterization of formability of epoxy based fiber metal laminates using erichsen cupping test method. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(33):1–6.
- Kalpakjian S, Schmid SR. Manufacturing engineering and technology. 4th ed. India: Pearson Education; 2009. p. 420–21.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.