Total views : 260
Comparative Study of Various WSN Routing Protocols
Objectives: Main objective behind choosing this topic is that energy awareness which is an essential consideration in Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN). This paper presents classifications of various routing protocols of sensor networks. Here, protocols are described under appropriate categories. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This paper follows the method of classifying the networking protocols based on their network architecture and performing comparison analysis specific to bandwidth utilization viewpoint. Findings: In this paper, we categorize the protocols on the basis of their network architectures. This paper compares their scalability and power usage to differ them. It discusses designing a protocol to utilize bandwidth and energy for various applications. Also it defines how nodes become self-organized and secure in WSN. We present how big networks are established and make them efficient. Application/Improvements: Data must be aggregated so traffic jams are avoided. Nodes will become energy efficient therefore lifespan of network increases. Now energy is saved.
Energy Efficient, Network Lifetime, Protocols, Routing, WSN.
- Kumar P, Singh JP, Kumar D, Singh MP. Energy efficient multi-hop routing based on improved LEACH-CE for Wireless Sensor Network. IEEE Region 10 Conference on TENCON 2015. 2015. p. 1–6.
- Tyagi P, Jain S. Comparative study of routing protocols in Wireless Sensor Network. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2012 Sep; 2(9):1–7.
- Baranidharan B, Srividhya S, Santhi B. Energy efficient hierarchical unequal clustering in wireless sensor networks.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(3):1–5.
- Devi DMR, Thambidurai P. Similarity measurement in recent biased time series databases using different clustering methods. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2014 Jan; 7(2):1–10.
- Sheshasayee A, Sharmila P. Comparative study of fuzzy C means and K means algorithm for requirements clustering.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(6):1–5.
- Singh SK, Singh MP, Singh DK. Routing protocols in wireless sensor networks– A survey. IJCSES. 2010 Nov; 1(2):1–21.
- Gill RK, Chawla P, Sachdeva M. Study of LEACH routing protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. International Conference on Communication, Computing and Systems (ICCCS–2014); 2014. p. 1–3.
- Misra S, et al. Guide to Wireless Sensor Networks. Computer Communications and Networks. 4th ed. Springer-Verlag London Limited; 2009.
- Tripathi A, Yadav N, Dadhich R. Selection of node density in spin for data centric wireless sensor networks. International Conference on Technologies for Sustainable Development (ICTSD-2015); Mumbai, India. 2015 Feb 4-6. p. 1–6.
- Rajeshwari P, Shanthini B. Mini prince hierarchical energy efficient clustering algorithm for WSN. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 23 (Sensing, Signal Processing and Security). 2015; 1:108–17.
- Kansal P, Kansal D, Balodi A. Comparison of various routing protocol in wireless sensor network. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2010Aug; 5(11):1–5.
- Malik M, Singh Y, Arora A. Analysis of LEACH protocol in wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2013 Feb; 3(2):1–6.
- Yassein MB, AL-zou’bi A, Khamayseh Y, Mardini W.Improvement on LEACH protocol of wireless sensor networks.International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications. 2009 Jun; 3(2):1–5.
- Lindsey S, Raghavendra CS. PEGASIS: Power-efficient gathering in sensor information systems. Computer Systems Research Department the Aerospace Corporation; Los Angeles, CA. 2002. p. 1125–30.
- Ahmed O, Sajid A, Mehmood MA. Comparison of routing protocols to assess network lifetime of WSN. IJCSI. 2011 Nov; 8(3):1–5.
- Biradar RV, Patil VC, Sawant SR, Mudholkar RR.Classification and comparison of routing protocols in wireless sensor networks. UbiCC Journal. 2009; 4:1–8.
- Krishnaveni P, Sutha J. Analysis of routing protocols for wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering. 2012; 2(11):1–7.
- Al-Karaki JN, Ul-Mustafa R, Kamal AE. Data aggregation and routing in wireless sensor network: Optimal and heuristic algorithm. Journal of Computer Networks. 2009 May; 53(7):945–60.
- Hadjila M, Feham M. A comparative study of the wireless sensor networks routing protocols scalability. IJDPS. 2011 Jul; 2(4):1–8.
- Norouzi A, Zaim AH. An integrative comparison of energy efficient routing protocols in wireless sensor network.Wireless Sensor Network. 2012; 4(3):65–75.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.