Total views : 318
An Optimized Particle Swarm Optimization based ANN Model for Clinical Disease Prediction
Objective: Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) and Artificial Neural Network (ANN) are two broadly used for rule generation process in data mining. ANN have been widely used for pattern extraction from medical databases. Methods: Heart disease is one of the leading death cause disease in all over the world in the present situation. A large number of research works have been carried out for diagnosing heart failures using data mining techniques. As the number of heart disease features increasing along with a number of instances, the traditional approaches such as PSO, ANN and BPSO are fail to predict the exact disease causing features. Findings: In this research work, an improved ANN approach model called Optimized Artificial Neural Network (OANN) was implemented on the medical data sets. In this paper, an Optimized Particle Swarm Optimization (PSO) technique is used for disease dimension reduction. Filter based Artificial Neural Network is used for classifying the disease type as positive or negative based on the disease features. Applications/Improvements: The performance of the proposed algorithm is analyzed by using the traditional approaches of Performance plot, Regression, ROC Value and Confusion Matrix. It is proved that the performance of the whole ANN network is optimized after the inclusion of proposed PSO for Feature Reduction.
ANN, Attribute Selection, Medical Datasets, OANN, PSO.
- Jadhav SM, Nalbalwar SL, Ghatol AA. Arrhythmia disease classification using artificial neural network model. 2010 IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC); 2010. p. 294–302.
- Xue B, Zhang M, Browne WN. Particle swarm optimisation for feature selection in classification: Novel initialisation and updating mechanisms. Applied Soft Computing. 2014; 18:261–76.
- Pawel M, Zygmunt C, Kotas R. Classification support algorithms for patient’s general condition based on artificial neural network. IEEE 2013 Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Mixed Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (MIXDES); 2013. p. 189–97.
- Ozbakır L, Delice Y. Exploring comprehensible classification rules from trained neural networks integrated with a time-varying binary particle swarm optimizer. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. 2011; 24(3):12–9.
- Kiranyaz S, Ince T, Gabbouj M. Stochastic approximation driven particle swarm optimization with simultaneous perturbation- Who will guide the guide? Applied Soft Computing. 2011 Mar; 11(2):102–21.
- Kuo RJ, Syu YJ, Chen Z-Y, Tien FC. Integration of particle swarm optimization and genetic algorithm for dynamic clustering. Information Sciences: An International Journal. 2012 Jul; 195:102–12.
- Kiranyaz S, Ince T, Yildirim A, Gabbouj M. Evolutionary artificial neural networks by multi-dimensional particle swarm optimization. Neural Networks. 2009 Dec; 22(10):12–21.
- Jin C, Jin S-W. Prediction approach of software fault-proneness based on hybrid artificial neural network and quantum particle swarm optimization. Applied Soft Computing. 2009 Dec; 35:129–38.
- Nagarajan E, Sravani VS. Knowledge abstraction from MIMIC II using apriori algorithm for clinical decision support system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(8):728–30.
- Kalaiselvi C, Nasira GM. Prediction of heart diseases and cancer in diabetic patients using data mining techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(14):78–91.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.