Total views : 244
A Stable and Energy Efficient Zone based Cooperative Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Network
Background/Objectives: In the current work, a new zone based and energy-efficient cooperative routing protocol is presented by equally distributes the load of network among all nodes by establishing zones; separation of zones depends on the directions that address some of the requirements of Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs). Methods/Statistical Analysis: Based on the analysis, cooperative communication improves the reliability and can be made the network topology more energy-efficient and stable. Reduction in the Transmission Time (TT) from source to destination by using Cluster Coordinates (CCOs) in inter-cluster and relay nodes in intra-cluster communication helps to prolong the network lifetime. The primary problem with existing solutions is the location of the Base Station (BS) increases transmission load upon Cluster Head (CH) which is nearby to the BS, so cluster depletes energy earlier as compared to others. Findings: The performance of proposed protocol is tested for dead nodes, alive nodes and packet send to BS. In homogeneous scenario, the results reveal that proposed Zone based Cooperative Routing Protocol (ZCRP) performs better in terms of energyefficiency and stability as compared to Chain based Cooperative Routing Protocol (CBCCP), Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy (LEACH) and Stable Electron Protocol (SEP). Application/Improvements: Based on the performance of ZCRP, this can be beneficial for those real time applications where data delivered on time is essential like Border surveillance, healthcare systems and many others.
Base Station (BS), ClusterCoordinates (CCOs), Cluster Head (CH), Transmission Time (TT), Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs).
- Laneman JN, Tse DN, Wornell GW. Cooperative diversity in wireless networks: Efficient protocols and outage behavior. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory. 2004 Dec; 50(12):3062–80.
- Olempia KJ, Pandeeswaran C, Natarajan P. A survey on energy efficient contention based and hybrid MAC protocols for wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr 6; 9(12):9–12. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i12/89932.
- Arvind RV, Raj RR, Raj RR, Prakash NK. Industrial Automation using Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar 10. 9(11). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i11/88455.
- Thenmozhi E, Audithan S. Energy efficient cluster head selection and data convening in wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May 9; 9(15). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i15/77749.
- Baba SB, Rao KM. Improving the network life time of a wireless sensor network using the integration of progressive sleep scheduling algorithm with opportunistic routing protocol. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May 16; 9(17). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i17/93011.
- Reddy MS, Rao KR. Fire accident detection and prevention monitoring system using wireless sensor network enabled android application. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May 18; 9(17). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i17/93097.
- Brante G, Kakitani MT, Souza RD. Energy efficiency in cooperative wireless sensor networks. INTECH Open Access Publisher; 2012. p. 373–94.
- Zhou Z, Zhou S, Cui JH, Cui S. Energy-efficient cooperative communication based on power control and selective single-relay in wireless sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. 2008 Aug; 7(8):3066–78.
- Bhende MS. Review paper on topology issues in wireless sensor network. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications. 2012; 2(3):1680–4.
- Jamil S, Jamil S, Ahmed S, Zubair M, Sikandar F. COPE: Cooperative power and energy-efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. 2015 IEEE/ACIS 14th International Conference on In Computer and Information Science (ICIS); 2015 Jun 28. p. 47–52.
- Zhou Z, Zhou S, Cui S, Cui JH. Energy-efficient cooperative communication in a clustered wireless sensor network. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2008 Nov; 57(6):3618–28.
- Deepak KS, Babu AV. Improving energy efficiency of incremental relay based cooperative communications in wireless body area networks. International Journal of Communication Systems. 2015 Jan 10; 28(1):91–111.
- Shah AS, Islam MS. A survey on cooperative communication in wireless networks. International Journal of Intelligent Systems and Applications. 2014 Jun 1; 6(7):66.
- Rani S, Malhotra J, Talwar R. Energy efficient chain based cooperative routing protocol for WSN. Applied Soft Computing. 2015 Oct 31; 35:386–97.
- Krishan P. Comparison and performance analysis of dynamic and static clustering based routing scheme in wireless sensor network. 2013 Apr; 2(4):1808–12.
- Anastasi G, Conti M, Di Francesco M, Passarella A. Energy conservation in wireless sensor networks: A survey. Ad hoc Networks. 2009 May 31; 7(3):537–68.
- Muruganathan SD, Ma DC, Bhasin RI, Fapojuwo AO. A centralized energy-efficient routing protocol for wireless sensor networks. Communications Magazine. 2005 Mar; 43(3):8–13.
- Suri P, Bedi RK, Gupta SK. Review paper on various clustering protocols used in Wireless Sensor Network (WSN). 2015 International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Signals, Communication and Optimization (EESCO); 2015 Jan 24. p. 1–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.