Total views : 314
Secure Data Dissemination Scheme for Vehicular Relay Network based on Predictive Clustering
Background/Objectives: In the current work, a new approach named as Secure Data dissemination scheme for Vehicular Relay Network based Predictive Clustering has been accomplished by incorporating fuzzy decision system and secure vehicle authentication mechanism to improve our existing solution Energy Efficient Predictive Clustering approach. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In past several years, tremendous growth has been observed in vehicular network capabilities for information processing, which makes it an enthralling research area. Integration of vehicular network with next generation of wireless communication technologies provides increased comfort and safety for passengers in the vehicle. The network topology of vehicular networks is highly dynamic in nature that results in high overhead because of the missing central control and increased network traffic. However, to maintain quality of service without compromising any critical parameters is a challenging task in the vehicular networks. Hence, there is a requirement of an intelligent data dissemination technique that minimizes the complexity of the network by providing a backbone architecture that collects the node into multiple clusters. Findings: The performance evaluation of the introduced scheme is estimated using pervasive simulations confirm the effectiveness of the proposed scheme in terms of improved cluster stability and longer cluster head lifetime that decrease the overhead while also demonstrating improved reliability. Application/ Improvements: This scheme helps in improving the data deamination and security in the vehicular relay network that can be beneficial for those real time applications where data delivered on time is essential like emergency alerts, critical passenger information and traffic information.
Clustering, Curve Cryptography, Elliptic, Fuzzy Decision System, Predictive Clustering, VANETs.
- Bhoi SK, Khilar PM. Vehicular communication: A survey. IET Networks. 2014; 3(3):204-17.
- Al-Sultan S, Al-Doori MM, Al-Bayatti AH, Zedan H. A comprehensive survey on vehicular Ad Hoc network. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2014; 37:380-92.
- Zeadally S, Hunt R, Chen YS, Irwin A, Hassan A. Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETS): Status, results and challenges. Telecommunication Systems. 2012; 50(4):217-41.
- Sichitiu ML, Kihl M. Inter-vehicle communication systems: A survey. IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials. 2008; 10(2):88-105.
- Saravanan D, Agalya V, Amudhavel J, Janakiraman S. A brief survey on performance analysis and routing strategies on vanets. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(11).
- Li F, Wang Y. Routing in vehicular ad hoc networks: A survey. IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine. 2007; 2(2):12-22.
- Trullols O, Fiore M, Casetti C, Chiasserini CF, Ordinas JMB. Planning roadside infrastructure for information dissemination in intelligent transportation systems. Computer Communications. 2010; 33(4):432-42.
- Sussman JS. Perspectives on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). USA: Springer Science and Business Media; 2008.
- Dimitrakopoulos G, Demestichas P. Intelligent transportation systems. IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine. 2010; 5(1):77-84.
- Group IEEEW. Standard Specification for Telecommunications and Information Exchange Between Roadside and Vehicle Systems-5 GHz Band Dedicated Short Range Communications (DSRC) Medium Access Control (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications. ASTM DSR STD E2313-02. 2002.
- Hafeez KA, Zhao L, Liao Z, Ma BNW. Impact of mobility on VANETs’ safety applications. Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM); Miami, FL. 2010. p. 1-5.
- Yin J, ElBatt T, Yeung G, Ryu B, Habermas S, Krishnan H, et al. Performance evaluation of safety applications over DSRC vehicular ad hoc networks. Proceedings of the 1st ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. 2004. p. 1-9.
- Jaiganesh S, Jarina S, Amudhavel J, Premkumar K, Sampathkumar S, Vengattaraman T. Performance analysis of collision avoidance frame works in vanets. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(11).
- Kumar N, Chilamkurti N, Park JH. ALCA: Agent learning---based clustering algorithm in vehicular ad hoc networks. Personal and Ubiquitous Computing. 2013; 17(8):1683-92.
- Kumar N, Lee JH. Peer-to-peer cooperative caching for data dissemination in urban vehicular communications. IEEE Systems Journal. 2014; 8(4):1136-44.
- Guerrero-Ib JA, Flores-Cort C, Zeadally S. Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks (VANETS): architecture, protocols and applications. In Next-Generation Wireless Technologies. London: Springer-Verlag; 2013. p. 49-70.
- Kumar N, Chilamkurti N, Rodrigues JJPC. Learning automata-based opportunistic data aggregation and forwarding scheme for alert generation in vehicular ad hoc networks. Computer Communications. 2014; 39:22-32.
- Yang C-C. The application of optical CDMA-based fiber radio networks in wireless sensor networks. Journal of Computer Science and Communications. 2009; 1(2):61-7.
- Zhang Z, Boukerche A, Pazzi R. A novel multi-hop clustering scheme for vehicular ad-hoc networks. Proceedings of the 9th ACM International Symposium on Mobility Management and Wireless Access; 2011. p. 19-26.
- Maglaras LA, Katsaros D. Distributed clustering in vehicular networks. IEEE 8th International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (WiMob); 2012. p. 593-9.
- Caballero-Gil C, Caballero-Gil P, Molina-Gil J. Using groups to reduce communication overhead in VANETS. The 2nd International Conference on Advances in P2P Systems; 2010. p. 26-31.
- Bali RS, Kumar N, Rodrigues JJPC. An efficient energy-aware predictive clustering approach for vehicular ad hoc networks. International Journal of Communication Systems. 2015; 10:1002.
- Wang Z, Liu L, Zhou M, Ansari N. A position-based clustering technique for ad hoc intervehicle communication. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part C: Applications and Reviews. 2008; 38(2):201-8.
- Dror E, Avin C, Lotker Z. Fast randomized algorithm for hierarchical clustering in vehicular ad-hoc networks. The 10th IFIP Annual Mediterranean Ad Hoc Networking Workshop (Med-Hoc-Net); Favignana Island, Sicily. 2011. p. 1-8.
- Su H, Zhang X. Clustering-based multichannel MAC protocols for QoS provisionings over vehicular ad hoc networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology. 2007; 56(6):3309-23.
- Rawshdeh ZY, Mahmud SM. Toward strongly connected clustering structure in vehicular ad hoc networks. IEEE 70th Vehicular Technology Conference Fall (VTC-Fall); 2009. p. 1-5.
- Lin CR, Gerla M. Adaptive clustering for mobile wireless networks. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 1997; 15(7):1265-75.
- Almalag MS, Weigle MC. Using traffic flow for cluster formation in vehicular ad-hoc networks. IEEE 35th Conference on Local Computer Networks (LCN); 2010. p. 631-6.
- Jang JSR, Sun CT, Mizutani E. Neuro-fuzzy and soft computing: A computational approach to learning and machine intelligence. Upper Saddle River, USA: Prentice Hall; 1997.
- Ershadi M, Arsanjani MA, Nayebvali R, Akrami S. Prioritizing PMO functions in organizations: A group fuzzy decision making approach. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(13).
- Hankerson D, Menezes A, Vanstone S. Guide to elliptic curve cryptography. USA: Springer Science and Business Media; 2006.
- Vijayakumar P, Indupriya S, Rajashree R. A hybrid multilevel security scheme using DNA computing based color code and elliptic curve cryptography. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10).
- Malik A, Pandey B. An intelligent authentication based vehicle initiated broadcast-dynamic path data collection scheme in VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16).
- Jadhav SS, Jongkun L. A TPM-based architecture to secure VANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15).
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.