Total views : 195
A Unified Seamless Transfer Control Scheme for Grid-Connected and Islanding Modes of Operation of Grid- Connected PV System
Objectives: This paper proposes a concept of micro-grid under smart distribution environment conditions with distributed generation resources like solar, wind etc. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: In present scenario, the importance of distribution sources is very high for maintaining the system reliability and also for providing backup generation under islanding condition and also as well as in grid-connected conditions. Findings: In this paper, a new control concept has been proposed for the seamless transfer who is based on Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) control for islanding and grid connected modes. In this paper the phase locked loop is used to maintain phase synchronization between grid and load voltages under grid and islanding conditions. And also, this paper proposes a current and voltage controller for stability analysis. The proposed method interfaces the PV system to the grid effectively. This proposed system is implemented and verified by using Matlab/Simulink. Applications/ Improvement: The proposed architecture is greatly beneficial for practical implementation of standalone and Islanded hybrid systems.
Grid and Islanding Conditions, Phase Locked Loop, Photovoltaic System, Seamless Transfer.
- Tran TV, Nho EC, Lee HH, Kim HG, Chun TW. PLL-Based Seamless Transfer Control Between Grid-Connected and Islanding Modes in Grid-Connected Inverters. IEEE Transactions On Power Electronics. 2014; 29(10):5218-28.
- Miret J, Camacho A, Castilla M, Vicuna LGD, Matas J. Control scheme for photovoltaic three-phase inverters to minimize peak current during unbalanced grid-voltage sags. IEEE Trans. Power Electron. 2012; 27(10):4262–71 .
- Dang K, Yu J, Dang T, Han B. Benefit of distributed generation on line loss reduction. In: Proc. IEEE-Int. Conf. Electr. Control Eng. 2011 Sep, p. 2042-45.
- Reddy KP, Rao MVG. Modelling and Simulation of Hybrid Wind Solar Energy System using MPPT. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(23):1-5.
- Somanath N, Reddy DS. Efficient Power Management Strategies for Inter-Grid Connected PV-FC Hybrid System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(22):1-7.
- Fuchs FW, Wessels C, Dannehl J. Limitation of voltage-oriented PI current control for grid-coupled PWM rectifier by means of LCL filters. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 2009; 56(2):380–88.
- Liu T, Xia C, Song Z. Predictive current control scheme of three-phase grid coupled converters with constant switching frequency for wind energy systems. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 2013; 60(6):2451-64.
- Thogersen PB, Fuchs FW, Dannehl J. PI state current control strategy of grid-coupled PWM converters by means of LCL filters. IEEE Trans. Power Electron. 2010; 25(9):2320-30.
- Huerta JME, Geonzalez SA, Moreno JC, Gil PG. A robust predictive current control scheme for three-phase grid-connected inverters. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 2009; 56(6):1993–2004.
- Hyun DS, Park BG, Kim RY, Lee KJ. Robust predictive current control strategy based on a disturbance estimation in three-phase grid coupled inverter. IEEE Trans. Power Electron. 2012; 27(1):276-83.
- Mohamed Y, AR I. Mitigation of converter-grid resonance, grid-induced distortion, and parametric instabilities for converter-based distributed generation. IEEE Trans. Power Electron. 2011; 26(3):983-96.
- Hashemi M, Mahdian H, Ghadimi AA. A New Method for Islanding Detection the Grid Connected Inverters in Case of Unbalanced Loads. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(8):1-12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.