Total views : 243
A Novel Optimization Technique for Combined Economic and Emission Dispatch Problem considering Congestion Management
Background/Objective: In power systems, the dispatch of real power plays a pivotal role in mitigating the transmission congestion, yet at a very low and affordable cost. Thus, in this paper, the rescheduling of real power generation has been dealt with a view to manage the congestion in transmission. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this paper, the congestion management in a deregulated electricity market has been endeavored for the problems of Combined Economic and Emission Dispatch (CEED) by employing a novel technique of optimization through Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) algorithm. In a real time transmission system, the congestion is an inevitable condition that occurs when the power flow in the line exceeds than that of its limit. In this work, the optimized solution for CEED problem has been obtained via ABC algorithm. An encoding scheme based on generating unit is used. Findings: By employing a robust and efficient methodology using ABC algorithm, an optimal technique on congestion management has been proposed, which takes into account of corrective re-dispatch of real power through the transmission system, under the CEED – environment on a restructured power system. The proposed method has been tested on an IEEE 30-bus system and their results have also been validated to show the efficacy of the proposed methodology, which throw light upon the fact that it has emerged out as an effective tool in handling the transmission congestion in a deregulated environment that results in the minimization of cost of re-dispatch on one hand and in a secured operating condition on the other. Application/Improvements: This work can be extended in the future by including reactive power support, which can further minimize the total operating cost of the system.
Artificial Bee Colony, Combined Economic Emission Dispatch, Congestion Management, Deregulated Electricity Market, Transmission Congestion.
- Kumar K, Ashwani SC, Srivastava S, Singh SN. Congestion management in competitive power market: a bibliographical survey. Electric Power Systems Research. 2005; 76(1-3):153–64.
- Yu Y, Chien-Ning C, Marija D, Ilic I. Congestion clusters-based markets for transmission management. Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting. IEEE. 1999; 2:821–32.
- Kumar K, Ashwani SC, Srivastava S, Singh SN. A zonal congestion management approach using ac transmission congestion distribution factors. Electric Power Systems Research. 2004; 72(1):85–93.
- Meena T, Selvi K. Cluster based congestion management in deregulated electricity market using PSO. Annual IEEE INDICON, IEEE. 2005; 627–30.
- Kumar K, Ashwani A, Srivastava SC, Singh SN. A zonal congestion management approach using real and reactive power rescheduling. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2004; 19(1):554–62.
- Hazra H, Jagabondhu J, Avinash A. IEEE Transactions. 2007; 27(4):1726–34.
- Fu F, Jian J, John W, Lamont L. A combined framework for service identification and congestion management. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. 2001; 16(1):56–61.
- Dutta D, Sudipta S, Singh SP. Optimal rescheduling of generators for congestion management based on particle swarm optimization. IEEE Transactions. on Power Systems. 2008; 28(4):1560–9.
- Pandey P, Seema N, Tapaswi S, Srivastava S. Nodal congestion price estimation in spot power market using artificial neural network. IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution. 2008; 2(2):280–90.
- Yesuratnam G, Thukaram D. Congestion management in open access based on relative electrical distances using voltage stability criteria. Electric Power Systems Research. 2007; 77(12):1608–18.
- Karaboga K, Dervis D, Basturk B. A powerful and efficient algorithm for numerical function optimization: artificial bee colony (ABC) algorithm. Journal of Global Optimization. 2007; 39(3):459–71.
- Kulkarni K, Kothari AG, Kothari K. Combined economic and emission dispatch using improved back propagation neural network. Electric Machines and Power Systems. 2001; 28(1):31–44.
- Tankasala J, Reddy G. Artificial Bee Colony Optimization for Economic Load Dispatch of a Modern Power system. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. 2013; 3(1):1–6.
- Alsac O, Stott B. Optimal load flow with steady-state security. IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems. 1974; 3(1):745–51.
- Balachandhar SR, Kannan KR. Newton’s Law of Gravity – Based Search Algorithms. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013; 6(2):1–2.
- Balasubramanium KP, Santhi RK. Best Compromised Schedule for Multi – Objective Unit Commitment Problems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(2):1–10.
- Paramasivan P, Santhi RK. APPFPA based best compromised solution for dynamic economic emission dispatch. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(6):1–8.
- Eghbalpour H, Rad MN, Hassani R. A Multi operator imperialist competitive algorithm for solving non convex economic dispatch problem. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(6):1–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.