Total views : 223
PWM-based Controller of Output Voltage for Wind- Driven Individual Self-Excited Induction Generator
Background/Objectives: The objective of this research owes to propose a fixed voltage controller for wind energy based individual Self-Excited Induction Generator (SEIG). The ideology is that simple as to exploit the use of a voltage source inverter, employing with the fundamental principle of PWM technique that in corporate an individual battery source for the smooth operation. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The incidence of depressed voltage regulation because of the unexpected alteration in the speed and the load is one of the main demerits of the SEIG. In order to overcome this complicated situation, a modification of phase shift in the sinusoidal PWM is introduced, which standardizes the voltage of SEIG, when it is subjected to unexpected alteration in the load. Findings: It is likely to attain a fixed value of voltage when the load is altered from empty load to the complete load. The simulation of the presented scheme has been carried out by MATLAB/SIMULINK modeling. The consistency of the proposed model is determined by the outcomes of the prototype testing. Application/Improvements: By varying the modulating index of the voltage source inverter, the stabilization of output voltage for SEIG has been achieved. One of its major advantages is that by simply checking the dc link voltage, the characteristics of the current state can be predictable.
Alteration in Load, Induction Generator, PWM, Self-Excited, Voltage Controller, Voltage Source Inverter.
- Fernandes B. Novel voltage controller for stand - Alone induction generator using PWM – VSI. IEEE Conference Record of Industry Applications Conference 41st IAS Annual Meeting; 2006.
- Available from: dspace.library.iitb.ac.in
- Basset ED, Potter FM, Capacitance excitation of induction generators. Transaction on American Institute of Electrical Engineering.1935; 54(5):540–5.
- Rai HC, Tandon AK. Voltage regulation of SEIG using passive elements. 6th European Conference on Electrical Machines and Drives; 1983; 1(1):240–5.
- Brennan MB, Abbondanti A. Static excitation for induction generator. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 1977; 13(5):422-8.
- Malik NH, Al-Bahrani AH. Influence of the terminal capacitor on the performance characteristics of SEIG. IEEE Proceedings of Institute ion of Electrical Engineering - Part C; 1999. p. 168–73.
- Alghuwainew SM. Steady state analysis of a self-excited induction generator by shunt saturable reactor. IEEE Conference on Electrical Machines and Drives; 1997. p. 101–3.
- Novotny DW, Studtmann GH. Self-excitation in inverter driven induction machine. IEEE Transactions on Power Apparatus and Systems.1997; 96(4):1117–25.
- Bhadra SN, Ratnam KV, Manjunath A. Study of voltage build up in a self-excited, variable speed induction generator/static inverter system with DC side capacitor. IEEE Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy System; 1996. p. 964–70.
- Li D, Guo H. Control strategy of three phase PWM by three half bridge topology bidirectional DC/DC converter and resonant. TELKOMNIKA Indonesian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering. 2014; 12(1):6111-8.
- Ravi S. Design and implementation of a microcontroller based buck boost converter as a smooth starter for permanent magnet motor. Telkomnika International Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. 2016; 1(1):566-74.
- Manjula HS, Kumar MS. Current Harmonic’s reduction using hysteresis current controller for a wind driven self-excited induction generator drives. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(13):234-8.
- Meenakshi V, Anbarasi GS, Jebaselvi S, Paramasivam P. Space vector modulation technique applied to doubly fed induction generator. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(33):1-8.
- Datta S, Mishra JP, Roy AK. Modified speed sensor-less grid connected DFIG based WECS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(16):1-12.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.