Total views : 197
Predictive Factors of Health Conservation of Middle-Aged Women
Objectives: The objective of this research is to identify the relationship among health promoting behavior, perceived health status, depression, wisdom, and health conservation, clarify the factors that influence on health conservation, and provide fundamental resources for improvement of life and maintenance of health status of middle-aged women. Methods/Statistical Analysis: As for research design, it is the secondary data analysis research in the use of data of middle-aged women among resources collected for the influencing factors on health conservation of middle-aged adults by Lee & Kim. Subjects were 84 middle-aged women residing in the city of C or D. Data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson’s correlation coefficient, and stepwise multiple regression. Findings: there was a statistically significant correlation on health promoting behaviors and health conservation, perceived health status and health conservation, depression and health conservation, and wisdom and health preservation of middle-aged women. As for factors that influenced on health conservation, wisdom was 42.7% followed by 8.4% for health promoting behaviors, 3.4% for depression, and 2.8% for perceived health status. Total explanatory power on health conservation of them was 57.3%. Applications/Improvements: Considering wisdom, health promoting behaviors, perceived health status, and depression that were known as predictive factors for health conservation of middle-aged women, it is suggested to develop the nursing mediation for improving health conservation. Especially, wisdom of those in middle age was closely related to health. Depression was confirmed to be a variable to be dealt with for women unlike men. It is suggested to repeat the research about health conservation of middle-aged women to clarify predictive variables other than what was revealed in the results of this study. It is also recommended that nurses utilize results of this study in the practice in local community and help improve health conservation of middle-aged women.
Depression, Health Conservation, Health Promoting Behavior, Middle-Aged Women, Statistical Analysis, Wisdom.
- Park SA, Kim JS. Family and Culture. 2013; 25(4):12051.
- Satishkumar R, Sugumaran V. Vibration Based Health Assessment of Bearings Using Random Forest Classifier, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar; 9(10):16.
- Sung, KW. Scale Development on Health Conservation of the Institutionalized Elderly, Journal of Korean Academic Nursing. 2005; 35(1):11324.
- Ehjezab B, Farajzadegan Z, Taleghani F, Aflatoonian A, Morowatisharifabad AM. Health Promoting Behaviors in a Population Based Sample of Middle-Aged Women and its Relevant Factors in Yazd, Iran, International Journal of Preventive Medicine. Special issue, 2012, p. 19198.
- Oh ET, Oh HO. Relationship among Mid-Life Crisis, Health Promotion Behavior and Life Satisfaction, The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2011; 50(6):32536.
- Lin HW, Hsu HC, Chang MC. Gender Differences in the Association between Stress Trajectories and Depressive Symptoms among Middle-Aged and Older Adults in Taiwan, Journal of Women and Aging. 2011; 23(2):23345.
- Lee HK, Kim HK. Factors Influencing on Happiness in Relation to the aging of Elderly, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015; 10(17):3840311.
- Oh WO, Kim EJ. Factors Influencing Health Conservation among Elders, Journal of Korean Academic Fundamental Nursing. 2009; 16(2):13443.
- Sung KW, Pain P. Wisdom and Health Conservation in Older Adults with Chronic Disease, Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing. 2014; 16(1):8593.
- Kwon HJ, Oh JW, Yang HN. Associations of Physical Activity with Perception of Stress and Self-Rated Health in Korean Female Students with Early Menarche, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(8):16.
- Yanuar F. The Health Status Model in Urban and Rural Society in West Sumatera, Indonesia: An Approach of Structural Equation Modeling. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(4):18.
- Suh YO. Health Promoting Lifestyle, Hardiness and Gender Role Characteristics in Middle-Aged Women, Journal of Korean Academy of Women's Health Nursing. 1994; 2(1):11930.
- Walker SN, Sechrist KR, Pender NJ. The Health Promoting Life Style Profile, Development and Psychometric Characteristics, Nursing Research. 1987; 36(2):7681.
- Speake DL, Cowart ME, Pellet K. Health Perception and Lifestyle of the Elderly, Research in Nursing and Health. 1989; 12(5):93100.
- Chon KK, Choi SC, Yang BC. Integrated Adaptation of CES-D in Korea, Korean Journal of Psychology. 2001; 6(1):5976.
- Sung KW, Lee SY, Park JH. Scale Development of Wisdom among Korean Elderly, Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society. 2010; 30(1):6580.
- Sung KW. Scale Development on Health Conservation of the Institutionalized Elderly, Journal of Korean Academic Nursing. 2005; 35(1):11324.
- Levine ME. Adaptation and Assessment: Rationale for Nursing Intervention, The American Journal of Nursing. 1966; 66(11):245053.
- Kim HK. Health Conservation in Community-Dwelling Older Korean Adults: Association of Pain, Perceived Health Status, Social Networks, Self-Efficacy, and Wisdom, Advanced in Information Sciences and Service Sciences. 2015; 7(1):2638.
- Shin EH, Kim HK. Work-Family Conflict, Perceived Health Status, Fatigue, Health Promoting Behavior and Health-Related Quality of Life for Married Working Women, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2014; 9(22):1552746.
- Kim MH, Min KH. Age Differences of Wisdom and its Correlation with successful aging among Middle-Aged and Elder Adults, Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society. 2010; 30(3):94771.
- Sohn SY. A Study on Health Status and Health Related Quality of Life by Job Characteristics in Korean Adult Women, Korean Journal Occupational Health Nursing. 2009; 18(1):3342.
- Hong YL, Yi GE, Park HS. A Structural Model for Health Promotion and Life Satisfaction of Life in College Students in Korea, The Journal of Korean Community Nursing. 2000; 11(2):33346.
- Han KS, Kim JH, Lee KM, Park JS. Correlation between Quality of Life and Health Promoting behaviors among Hospital Staff Nurses, Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. 2004; 13(4):43037.
- Eom HJ, Lee HJ. Predictors of Quality of Life Among Workers in Public Health Corporations, The Korean Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing. 2009; 16(2):15361.
- Chun JR, Hong HG. Factors Affecting on Personal Health Record, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015Apr, 8(S8):17.
- Ramya GR, Sivakumar PB. Advocacy Monitoring of Women and Children Health through Social Data, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6):16.
- Choi WH. The Relationship of Depression, Fatigue, and Quality of Life in Middle-Aged Adults, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management. 2012; 6(2):9199.
- Park ES, Choi JS. The Effect of Health Status on General Quality of Life and Oral Health Related Quality of Life in Middle-Aged Adults, The Korean Society of Dental Hygiene Science. 2012; 12(6):62433.
- Shin KR, Kong ES, Kim GB, Kim NC, Kim CH, Kim CK. Lived Experience with aging in Middle-Aged Women, Journal of Korean Academy Nursing. 2002; 3(6):87887.
- Oh JE. An Integrated Perspective of Mid-Life Crisis: Focused on the most Important Three Dimensions in Human Development, Phenomenon and Perception, The Korean Journal of Humanities and the Social Sciences. 2013; 37(3):14166.
- Kavitha R, Kannan E, Kotteswaran S. Implementation of Cloud Based Electronic Health Record (EHR) for Indian Healthcare Needs, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(3):15.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.