Total views : 195
Using Coordinate based Mobile Sink Technique to Improve the Performance of Wireless Sensor Network
Objectives: The main objectives of this research are to improve performance of LEACH protocol for data gathering by deploying multiple sinks. The movement of the sinks are depends upon the signal strength and bee colony algorithm. By using the proposed technique performance of LEACH protocol is increased. Method Analysis: To improve performance of LEACH protocol is improved by deploying multiple sinks and movement of the sinks are decided using bee colony. Findings: By Appling bee colony with LEACH protocol for multiple sink movement various energy parameters are analyzed and compared with existing algorithm. It is seen that energy consumption of the network reduced and network is increased. The improvement leads to batter data gathering from cluster heads and throughput of the network is increased.
Ad-Hoc on Demand Distance Routing Protocol (AODV), Base Station (BS), Cluster Head (CH), Clustering, Low Energy Adaptive Clustering Hierarchy (LEACH), Mobile Sink in Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Willig A. Wireless sensor networks: Concept, challenges and approaches. Elektrotechnik and Informationstechnik. 2006; 123(6):224–31.
- Chuang PJ, Yang SH, Lin CS. Energy-efficient clustering in wireless sensor networks. Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag; 2009. p. 112–20.
- Kallapur PV, Geetha VA, Tellajeera S. Clustering in wireless sensor networks: performance comparison of LEACH and LEACH-C protocols using NS2. Procedia Technology. 2012; 4:163–70.
- Gautam N, Pyun JY. Distance aware intelligent clustering protocolfor wireless sensor networks. Journal of Communications and Networks. 2010; 12(2):122–9.
- Ameen MA, Liu J, Kwak K. Security and privacy issues in wireless sensor networks for healthcare applications. Journal of Medical Systems. 2012; 36(1):93–101.
- Cheng C-T, Tse CK, Lau FCM. A delay-aware data collection network structure for wireless sensor networks. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2010; 11(3):699–10.
- Han X, Cao X, Lloyd EL, Shen C-C. Fault-tolerant relay node placement in heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2010; 9(5):643–56.
- Lee E, Park S, Yu F, Kim S-H. Communication model and protocol based on multiple static sinks for supporting mobile users in wireless sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics. 2010; 56(3):1652–60.
- Zou Y, Wang G. Intercept behavior analysis of industrial wireless sensor networks in the presence of eavesdropping attack. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. 2016; 12(2):780–7.
- Chen F, Guo L, Chen C. A survey on energy management in wireless sensor networks. IERI Procedia. 2012; 3:60–6.
- Slama I, Jouaber B, Zeghlache D. Multiple mobile sinks deployment for energy efficiency in large scale wireless sensor networks. e-Business and Telecommunications. Berlin Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag; 2009. p. 412–27.
- Madhumathy P, Sivakumar D. Reliable data gathering by mobile sink for wireless sensor networks. 2014 International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing; Melmaruvathur. 2014. p. 1348–52.
- Du C, Zhou Z, Shu L. An efficient technique of scheduling mobile sinks in hybrid WSN. IEEE 40th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, IECON’14; Dallas, TX. 2014. p. 3885–91.
- Kaur J, Gaba GS, Miglani R, Pasricha R. Energy efficient and reliable WSN based on improved Leach-R clustering techniques. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(16):1–6.
- Bhuvaneswari PTV, Vaidehi V. Enhancement techniques incorporated in Leach- A Survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009 May; 2(5):36–44.
- Thenmozhi E, Audithan S. Energy efficient cluster head selection and data convening in wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(15):1–6.
- Sirisha G, Babu RB, Rao KR. Establishing path quality management in wireless sensor networks through cluster head determination. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.