Total views : 240
Assessment of the Potential of Clusterization of Fuel and Energy Complex of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
Background/Objectives: The article deals with the issues of clusterization of the region's economy. The objective of research is to assess the potential of clusterization of basic region's economic sectors. Methods/Statistical Analysis: On the ground of study of methodical basis of clusterization the authors suggest a complex methodical approach to the establishment of regional industrial cluster. It consists of 3 stages and defines a system of internal coefficients and key figure blocks, characterising potential of clusterization of the region's economy. Author's approach also suggests criteria of assessment of clusterization of basic region's economic sectors (low, middle and high). Findings: According to suggested methodical approach the authors analysed and assessed social and economic figures of subjects of the Far Eastern Federal District. This revealed that in the Sakha Republic (Yakutia) the "extraction of commercial minerals" and "production and distribution of electricity, gas and water" are main types of economic activity, which can serve as basis for establishment of regional industrial and intraregional clusters. For practical approval of potential of clusterization the authors have considered fuel and energy complex of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia) (FEC SR (Ya)). Applications/Improvements: The results of calculations show high level of potential of clusterization. The authors also suggest a structural pattern (a model) of fuel and energy cluster of SR (Ya).
Assessment Method, Fuel and Energy Cluster, Index System, Methodical Approach, Potential of Clusterization, Types of Economic Activity.
- Porter ME. Competition. Pub. House Williams: Moscow, 2005.
- Gallyamova DK. Cluster Policy as an Instrument for Increase of Compatibility of the Region’s Economy. Ekonomichnyi chasopys-ХХІ Journal. 2014; 3-4(1):12–5.
- Tarasov ME. Competition and Competitive Ability of Market Participants in Economic Sectors. St. Petersburg State University: St. Petersburg, 2014.
- Bergman EM, Feser EJ. Industrial and regional clusters and comparative applications. Regional research institute. WVU: Morgantown, 1999.
- Czamanski S, Ablas L. Identification of Industrial Clusters and Complexes: a Comparison of Methods and Findings. Urban Studies. 1979; 16(1):61–80.
- Doeringer PB, Terkla DG. Business strategy and cross industry clusters. Economic Development Quarterly. 1995; 9(1):225–37.
- Enright MJ. Survey on the Characterization of Regional Clusters: Initial Results. Institute of Economic Policy and Business Strategy: Leningrad, 2000.
- Kuchiki A. The flowchart model of cluster policy: The automobile industry cluster in China. Available from: http:// www.ide.go.jp/English/Publish/Dp/pdf/100_kuchiki.pdf. Date accessed: 22/10/2015.
- Kutsenko E, Meissner D. Key Features of the First Phase of the National Cluster Program in Russia. Available from: http://ssrn.com/abstract=2253377. Date accessed: 19/04/2015.
- Menzel M-P, Fornahl D. Cluster life cycles: Dimensions and rationales of cluster development. Available from: http://www.econstor.eu/dspace/bitstream/ 10419/25650/1/553691740.PDF. Date accessed: 02/11/2007.
- Porter ME. Clusters and the new economics of competition. Harvard Business Review. 1998 Nov –Dec; 76(6):77–90.
- Porter M. The economic performance of regions. Regional Studies. 2003; 37(6-7):549–78.
- Stough R, Arena P, Kulkarni R, Riggle J, Trice M. Industrial Cluster Analysis of the Virginia Economy. Available from: http://www.cit.org/VRTAC/2001/ClusterStudyPrefacev4.pdf. Date accessed: 22/10/2015.
- Roelandt Т, Hertog Р. Cluster analysis and cluster based policy. OECD Publications Service: Paris, 1999.
- Silvell I. Mapping clusters around Europe: the European cluster observatory. Available from: http://www.vinnova.se/ In-English/misc/Speciella_sidor/Innovation-and-Clusters. Date accessed: 03/10/2015.
- Delafrooz N, Farzanfar E. Determining the customer lifetime value based on the benefit clustering in the insurance industry. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1–8.
- Babkin AV. Peculiarities and strategies of formation of cluster policy in Russian economy. Central Economic and Mathematical Institute of RAS: Moscow, 2014.
- Bekmansurova OO. Methodological approaches to assessment of regional clusters. Audit i finansovyi analiz Journal. 2012; 6(1):362–4.
- Egorov NE, Nikolaeva IV. Methods of quantitative assessment of region’s innovative potential. Innovatsii Journal. 2012; 10(168):92–7.
- Kovrov GS. Methodical aspects of clusterization of basic region’s sectors of industry and economy. Problemy sovremennoi ekonomiki Journal. 2014 Nov; 4(52):274–9.
- Kutsenko ES. Clusters in the Economics: Practical methods of identification. Available from: http://www.hse.ru/data/2013/07/03/1286355413/Практика выявления кластеров.pdf. Date accessed: 10/11/2015.
- Mantaeva EI. Global Practice of cluster system of development. Upravlenie ekonomichaskimi sistemamu Journal. 2012; 2(38):120–34.
- Nikolaeva IV. Formation and optimization of cluster organisation of economics in the Sakha Republic (Yakutia). Polytechnic University: St. Petersburg, 2011.
- Tomashevskaya YN, Korchagina NA. International practise of identification of clusters: Perspectives of application under Russian conditions. Institute for National Economic Forecasts of RAS: Moscow, 2010.
- Efremov EI, Nikiforova VV. Industrial peculiarities and territorial aspects of development of the resource economics of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia). Renome: St. Petersburg, 2014.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.