Total views : 255
Mathematical Modeling of Wastewater Vibrational Filtering Process
Background/Objectives: The article describes the development of the tools to design wastewater vibrational filtering process based on mathematical modeling of the motion of contaminating particles. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A method of reducing contamination of the filtered surface through forced vibration is considered. To build a mathematical model, we consider the mode of motion of particles without contact with each other. In this case, hydrodynamic resistance forces effect on the particle determined by the difference of water flow velocity at the location of the particle and own velocity of the particle. Findings: The proposed mathematical model is based on representation of solid contaminations of the liquid being treated as a set of spherical particles of different diameters, which allows taking into account the basic properties of interaction of particles with the liquid and contact interaction between the particles and between a particle and the filter screen. Dimensionless performance evaluation criteria of vibrational filtering are proposed, as well as dimensionless parameters to evaluate the properties of the filtering surface with respect to the particle diameter. Applications/Improvements: As a result of mathematical modeling, nonlinear dependence of the average frequency of passage of particles through the filter surface on vibration parameters and on dimensionless parameters of the filter is established. The range of parameters of the filtering element is found ensuring maximum efficiency of the filtering process.
Amplitude, Elastic Modulus, Filtration, Friction Coefficient, Mathematical Model, Vibration.
- Jatsun SF, Safarov DI, Mishchenko VY, Loktionova OG. Vibratory machines and technology. Baku: Elm; 2004.
- Safarov DI. The system for wastewater treatment made on the basis of a vibrating filter-coalescer. Ecology Journal of the Central Black Belt Region of the Russian Federation. 2000; 2(1):49-52.
- Safarov DI. Electromagnetic vibrating filter-coalescer in the system of preparation of coolant-cutting fluid for reuse. Bilgi Journal. Technology series. 2001; 2(1):34-9.
- Zakharov IS, Safarov DI, Jatsun SF. Designing mechatronic vibration technology machines. Mechatronics, Automation, Control. 2005 Jul; 9(1):39-44.
- Nigmatulin RI. Fundamentals of mechanics of heterogeneous media. Moscow: Science; 1978.
- Nigmatulin RI. Dynamics of multiphase media. Moscow: Science; 1987.
- Savage SB. Instability of unbounded uniform granular shear flow. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 1992 Aug; 241(1):109-203.
- Savage SB. Streaming motions in a bed of vibrationally fluidized dry granular material. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 1988 Sep; 194(1):457-78.
- Jatsun S, Safarov J. Dynamics of vibrating engine for walking robots. 3rd International Conference GLAWAR; Madrid, Spain. 2000. p. 153-74.
- Jatsun S, Safarov J. Mathematical model of granular material in a vibrating boiling layers. EUROMECH Colloquium 425; Aberdeen, Scotland. 2001. p. 98-121.
- Mechanics of granulated media. The theory of rapid motions (coll. of articles). Moscow: Mir; 1985.
- Jenkins JT. Rapid flows of granular materials. Non-Classical Continuum Mechanics. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 1987.
- Jenkins JT, Savage SB. A theory for the rapid flow of identical, smooth, nearly elastic, spherical particles. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 1983 May; 130(1):187-202.
- Luding S, Herrmann HJ, Blumen A. Kinetic theory for granular flow of dense, slightly inelastic Scaling behavior. Physical Review E. 1994; 50(1):3100-8.
- Lun CKK. Kinetic theory for granular flow of dense, slightly inelastic, slightly rough spheres. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 1991 Jul; 233(1):539-59.
- Lun CKK, Bent AA. Numerical simulations of inelastic frictional spheres in simple shear flow. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 1994 Jan; 258(1):335-53.
- Lun CKK, Savage SB, Jeffrey PJ, Chepumiv N. Kinetic theories for granular flow: Inelastic particles in Couette flow and slightly inelastic particles in a general flow field. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. 1984 Mar; 140(1):223-56.
- Patel R, Shah D, Prajapti BG, Patel M. Overview of industrial filtration technology and its applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2010 Oct; 3(10):1121-27.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.