Total views : 356
Performance Analysis of Variable Compression Ratio Diesel Engine using Calophyllum inophyllum Biodiesel
Objective: To analyze the performance and emission characteristics on variable compression ratio diesel engine using Calophyllum inophyllum biodiesel blends at various compression ratios. Method/Statistical Analysis: Blends of Calophyllum inophyllum biodiesel and diesel blends are prepared to use as fuel on variable compression ratio diesel engine. Finding: The variations on performance parameters like brake specific fuel consumption, brake thermal efficiency and exhaust emissions like nitric oxides, hydro carbon, carbon monoxide are assessed and analyzed. The experimental results showed reduction in brake thermal efficiency, nitric oxide and increase in brake specific fuel consumption, carbon monoxide, hydro carbon with Calophyllum inophyllum biodiesel blends than neat diesel.
Calophyllum Inophyllum, Diesel, Engine Performance, Exhaust Emission, Variable Compression Ratio.
- Belagur V, Reddy V. Influence of fuel injection rate on the performance emission and combustion characteristics of DI diesel engine running on Calophyllum inophyllum linn oil/diesel fuel blend. SAE Technical Paper. 2010; 2(2):135–47.
- Venkanna BK, Venkataramana RC. Performance emission and combustion characteristics of direct injection diesel engine running on Calophyllum inophyllum oil. International Journal of Agricultural and Biological Engineering. 2011; 4(1):26–34.
- Ong HC, Masjuki HH, Mahila TMI, Silitonga AS, Chong WT, Leong KY. Optimization of biodiesel production and engine performance from high free fatty acid Calophyllum inophyllum oil in CI diesel engine. Energy Conversion and Management. 2014; 81:30–40.
- Fattah RIM, Masjuki HH, Kalam MA, Wakil MA, Ashraful AM, Shahir SA. Experimental investigation of performance and regulated emissions of a diesel engine with Calophyllum inophyllum biodiesel blends accompanied by oxidation inhibitors. Energy Conversion and Management. 2014; 83:232–40.
- Ong HC, Masjuki HH, Mahila TMI, Silitonga AS, Chong WT, Yusaf T. Engine performance and emissions using jatropha curcas ceibepentandra and Calophyllum inophyllum biodiesel in a CI diesel engine. Energy. 2014; 69:427–45.
- Bapu RBR, Saravanakumar L, Durgaprasad B. Effects of combustion chamber geometry on combustion characteristics of a diesel engine fueled with Calophyllum inophyllum methyl ester. Journal of energy institute. 2015.
- Nanthagopal K, Ashok B, Raj TR. Influence of fuel injection pressure on Calophyllum inophyllum methyl ester fuelled direct injection diesel engine. Journal of Energy Conversion and Management. 2016; 116(15):165–73.
- Monirul IM, Masjuki HH, Kalam MA, Mosarof MH, Zulkifli NWM, Teoh YH, How HG. Assessment of performance emission and combustion characteristics of palm jatropha and Calophyllum inophyllum biodiesel blends. Fuel. 2016; 181:985–95.
- Mosarof MH, Kalam MA, Masjuki HH, Abdullah A, Ashraful AM, Arslan A, Rashedul HK, Monirul IM. Optimization of performance emission friction and wear characteristics of palm and Calophyllum inophyllum biodiesel blends. Energy Conversion and Management. 2016; 118:119–34.
- Krishnamani S, Mohanraj T, Murugumohan Kumar K. Experimental investigation on performance combustion and emission characteristics of a low heat rejection engine using rapseed methyl ester and diethyl ether. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(15). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i15/87322.
- Ramarao K, Rao CJ, Sreeramulu D. The experimental investigation on performance and emission characteristics of a single cylinder diesel engine using nano additives in diesel and biodiesel. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(29). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i29/75718.
- Sucharitha G, Kumaraswamy A. Analysis on three dimensional flow of direct-injection diesel engine for different piston configuration using CFD. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jun; 6(S6). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2013/v6i6/33956.
- Pugazhvadivu M, Rajagopan S. Investigations on a diesel engine fuelled with biodiesel blends and diethyl ether as an additive. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009 May; 2(5). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2009/v2i5/29462.
- Pugazhvadivu M. Studies on the effect of ethanol addition to biodiesel: Performance and emissions of a diesel engine. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009 Nov; 2(11). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2009/v2i11/29530.
- Hariharan VS, Reddy KV. Effect of injection pressure on diesel engine performance with sea lemon oil. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Aug; 4(8). DOI : 10.17485/ijst/2011/v4i8/30893.
- Navaneethakrishnan P, Vasudevan D. Experimental study on performance and exhaust emission characteristics of a C.I. engine fuelled with tri compound oxygenated diesel fuel blends. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(4). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i4/60701.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.